Ever been pulled over?

get the current facts here!

Rhino

Re: Ever been pulled over?

Post by Rhino » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:59 pm

About 8 months after I got my license, got a ticket for going 99 in a 70 (I-15). I hear I would've had my license revoked if it was over a 100, so I'm glad I slowed down before I passed him. $342 and couldn't go to school to erase the point 'cause it was more than 25mph over the limit.

After a movie in Irvine, I get pulled over next to the UCI campus with my ex-gf (East Peltason if you know the area). I hadn't had anything to drink that night. The cop comes up, she was pretty hot, too, and the first thing she says is "I smell alcohol." I chuckled and said "That's funny 'cause I haven't had anything to drink." She goes on to say "Well, the reason I pulled you over is because your license plate light is out." Damn pigs.

2 or 3 weeks ago, I got pulled over for running a red light. There was a dip before the intersection so I didn't want to race through it. Didn't see the cop to my left or else I wouldn't have risked it. Get pulled over in the Iron Wok parking lot. While I was looking for my insurance card (I swear I'm insured), he's asking me "Are you on a date? It would be pretty bad if you got a ticket on a date, huh?" I'm still looking for the insurance card, he hands me back my driver's license and says "Be careful, have a good night." Not sure why, but I guess some pigs have a heart... of greasy, tasty bacon.
Image Image

puppet

Post by puppet » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:50 pm

all i have to say is my insurance is 200+ every month lol :twisted:

status

Post by status » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:05 pm

in my supra it was 470/mo high risk, good thing them days are over. i had to pay that for two years, and if i didnt they would suspend my licsenes by the end of the day
status.mk1

slicky

Post by slicky » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:57 pm

hamb0ne wrote:
aiyah wrote:
hamb0ne wrote:i've gotten pulled over like 7 times.
two tickets. :./ both speeding.
I'm surprised I only got pulled over once and I always speed on I-5 but never over 80...I go like 90 or 100 on the way up to Seattle though
well, that's the mindless driving part of the 5. :D i hit 114 dodging semis on the 5 up to seattle.

but in san diego, i usually keep it at 80mph on the 5. 75mph on the 94, 15, and 8. and then 70mph on the 52, the 125 and the 67.
you dont want to drive that fast. If you do, You're at risk of getting a ticket and wasting more gas. I usually drive no faster than 65 on the I-605, I-60, I-91, or I-5. On the I-5, there's the construction between near the I-91 and the border of LA/OC county, I dont drive that fast.

And I have never been pulled over or being cited in my almost 4 years of driving.
An most amazing 40cal admin yet.

Exalted

Post by Exalted » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:47 pm

I've gotten pulled over one time for racing my friends volvo when i used to have an explorer. The cop just sped past us with his lights on and typically when they do that u have to pull over.. idk if that qualifies as a pull over but ya..

Another time, it was around 2 am and i was leaving a bonfire and my lights weren't turned on.. The street lights were really bright so i didn't notice. No ticket though or anything.

Another time when i was stopped at a signal light a motorcycle cop came up and ask if i have gotten a ticket yet for my tinted windows and i said "I think so, i don't remember, i've had them tinted for a couple years" and he said, "Second offense is a moving violation. Get them fixed", then sped off. No ticket.

I speed everyday but i have a radar detector what tells me when a cop is around so i don't get pulled over and i have plenty of time to slow down.

WillT

Post by WillT » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:23 pm

nope but i got a ticket worth $381 for running a red light damn camera got me good :shock: most expensive picture ever :mrgreen:
WillT ich bin eine schlechte mutti Bumser!

donutdipset

Post by donutdipset » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:01 pm

i so gotta get a detector.
Wooo Thanks SNOWFLAKEEEE <3

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:59 am

donutdipset wrote:i so gotta get a detector.
Or be responsible, and you wont need one :)

puppet

Post by puppet » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:49 am

or get drunk like sam and crash your car :D

then you don't one :mrgreen:

Lego my Eggo

Post by Lego my Eggo » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:23 pm

Well, i'm not known on here... But I will share my time... It was when I was 17, I was pulled over by 3 cops for going 175 on the freeway.. Big ass fine (don't remember the exact number but it was huge) 15 days in jail, had prior crimes... And I had my drivers ID taken away for 12 months... Had to go to driving classes. 6.

Return to “News and Sports!”