BooCorky, CooBorky, Beetle

if you were banned and want a reason?

Savio
Site Admin

BooCorky, CooBorky, Beetle

Post by Savio » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:29 am

If someone tells you no sexual references and you know the rules since you just got banned from on24 why would you continue with the same subject.

BOOCORKY?
STEAM_0:0:8672461
1 month ban

COOBORKY?
STEAM_0:0:18102663
1 month ban

beetle
STEAM_0:0:447501
1 week ban

beetle

Re: BooCorky, CooBorky, Beetle

Post by beetle » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:01 am

Hi,

I've gotten more involved in the community here and I always try to back up admins. Like when this one guy was complaining to Goth about something silly on the wc3 server. So when the admin warned COO and BOO I asked them to change the subject. After that I just remember asking what COO had said when the vote ban came up. Then I left to go add them cuz I hadn't seen them in ages. I wasn't tryin to avoid a ban. I didn't know 40calgames(4) was you Gandhi, I just knew it was an admin. Sorry if I caused any trouble.

In case it matters, I will admit that I started it out by saying that I had found out on TV that I had an "uvula" and that I was pregnant. In hindsight it was not the right joke to tell even if it was relatively silly. My two friends definitely made it worse. BOO said that I had made her uvulas hard and COO said he was trying to keep it clean but i made it "SO HARD". That was when I told them to change subject cuz that was obviously across the line. I will be more careful about my usage of the word "uvula" and I will go google it. I still don't know what it is... I thought it was a nonsense word and that made it OK.

Finally I did want to say that since I first started playing at 40 cal I may not have totally cleaned up my act as the previous paragraph shows. But I have learned to support admins and I never argue with them or try to break the rules on purpose. I should be more careful about what could be considered bending them. If you give me a chance you will find that I now always tell my friends not to cuss or be dirty. I explain that it's a small price to pay to be on a server where you don't have people talking trash and being mean all the time.

Anyway, I mostly just really want to play on the Warcraft server so if I can only get banned in intermediate where this happens that would be swell. But otherwise I leave this up to you guys. You run a great server!

Mrs.Jacki

Post by Mrs.Jacki » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:05 am

FYI all, Uvula isn't a dirty word, it's that little hangy ball in the back of your throat that is responsible for correct swallowing so things "don't go down the wrong tube".
Sig by Venom
♥Jacki's Wishlist♥
http://wishlist.com/JackiBeezie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

beetle

Post by beetle » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:14 am

Mrs.Jacki wrote:FYI all, Uvula isn't a dirty word, it's that little hangy ball in the back of your throat that is responsible for correct swallowing so things "don't go down the wrong tube".
Yeah I feel dumb now. I just googled it and found out. I think what happened is they took something not dirty and made it sound dirty as a joke. I guess my defense is that I didn't continue after I said to change subject. But I like Gandhi and all the admins here so I don't really want to complain. I just wanna play wc3.

slicky

Post by slicky » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:15 am

beetle wrote:
Mrs.Jacki wrote:FYI all, Uvula isn't a dirty word, it's that little hangy ball in the back of your throat that is responsible for correct swallowing so things "don't go down the wrong tube".
Yeah I feel dumb now. I just googled it and found out. I think what happened is they took something not dirty and made it sound dirty as a joke. I guess my defense is that I didn't continue after I said to change subject. But I like Gandhi and all the admins here so I don't really want to complain. I just wanna play wc3.
Joke or not a joke, You knew better.
An most amazing 40cal admin yet.

Savio
Site Admin

Post by Savio » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:57 pm

Uvula sounded dirty, but I guess I got the wrong meaning so I'm sorry. I had banned you with the other two because I thought it would be unfair to only punish 2 out of the 3 people.I originally had said if you can't say it at on24 you can't say it here. That was because you kept explaining how you got banned for saying "punani".
But since I've never had any problems with you before I'll unban you. Just remember on24 and 40cal have similar rules.
Coo and Boo can stay banned since they never know when to stop and keep quiet.
Sorry I thought the word sounded dirty, I'll see you in the servers.

beetle

Post by beetle » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:44 pm

Hey thanks! It was a confusing situation, I totally understand why you would have banned me. I'll be extra careful what I say and I respect your point about the rules at 40cal and on24.

COOBORKY?

Post by COOBORKY? » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:49 pm

Coo and Boo can stay banned since they never know when to stop and keep quiet.
hmm and what, pray tell, does that mean? what is it that we say? oh no we TYPE a lot! oh my word alert the internet! we say nothing offensive. oh we ABSOLUTELY make off-color remarks, but never blatant derogatory things. i say people who yell NOOB and PWNT NOOB are more offensive (if you wanna get PC about it, they are making derogatory remarks about a player's skill and thats mean :( ) i only recall one time i broke the stranglehold of the language laws in your concentration camp of a server (the "A" word eek!) and i got a good talking to! after that ive been livin on the edge but never going over. cant get me for bending the rules (called loop holes ladies and germs).
Sorry I thought the word sounded dirty
classic case if being ill-informed. i told BOO "i bet they banned us cuz they didnt even know what a uvula was" and yup i hit the nail on its proverbial head.
thank you jackie for educating the masses here, i would have myself but i thought surely they knew what a uvula was. ill be sure never assume anyone's intelligence again.

As for Beetle, stop groveling and take the ban. stop apologizing for something that isnt even breakage of a rule in the first place. and also throw me and BOO under the bus more. your MUCH filthier than these admins have seen. you go all out when they arent here. maybe if admins checked logs every once in a while theyd fine lots of people who do that.

ok tirade over

BOOCORKY?

Post by BOOCORKY? » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:04 am

I'd like to inform the 40cal community that the uvula is associated with speech, articulation, and the gag reflex. If I wanted to talk about your vulva, however, I would take about your vulva, so please don't get me wrong, i'm sure you all have nice vulvas.

i stated that my uvula was hard. that's a sign of something serious folks, like uvula necrosis or some rare tropical disease i can only contract by licking the underside of a pygmy anteater. I shouldn't be banned for that, I should be hospitalized and maybe sent some flowers for suffering such a cruel fate; I sang beautifully once.

anyway, it didn't really seem like you were being completely diplomatic about this whole ban process. If we're going to get banned for being vulgar, at least make sure we're actually saying vulgar things first. we didn't say anything offensive and it shouldn't be okay for a ban to have taken place because somebody was unaware that the uvula wasn't located in my danger zone.

Mrs.Jacki

Post by Mrs.Jacki » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:15 am

Guys, if you want anything done, coming in and being asshats isn't going to accomplish anything but piss the admins involved off more. Even if you feel you were wronged, you have a responsibility to be respectful, so, please do.
Sig by Venom
♥Jacki's Wishlist♥
http://wishlist.com/JackiBeezie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Sammy's banland!”