amx_last for ALL admin??

speak and you will be heard!

_Kid-

amx_last for ALL admin??

Post by _Kid- » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:06 pm

I think this power (amx_last) should be provided to ALL admins and not just 3* and up because its a great tool to have as an admin to see peoples IP adresses and steamIDs for the hackers that leave before getting a screen shot of the sql_bans_menu. I have forgotten to get an IP address and/or a steamID before and this would have really come in handy for those instances. What do you guys think?
_Kid-

AA27 HAWK

Re: amx_last for ALL admin??

Post by AA27 HAWK » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:02 pm

This has been explained here before, but I will do it again. Only Captains and above can do this in .40 cal based that at that level if you are a more seasoned administrator then that responsibility can be given. Not everyone makes it to that level or shows that discipline and we can't just give that access to everyone. Now you guys have the sql_ban option that is almost like amx_last, allowing you to see the IP address of the player.

rip - "By day, he's Hawk. Mild mannered rank bait. Come darkness, he transforms in to Hawk, the dark lord of the ban (and still rank bait.)" :lol:

_Kid-

Post by _Kid- » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:29 pm

AA27 HAWK wrote:This has been explained here before, but I will do it again. Only Captains and above can do this in .40 cal based that at that level if you are a more seasoned administrator then that responsibility can be given. Not everyone makes it to that level or shows that discipline and we can't just give that access to everyone. Now you guys have the sql_ban option that is almost like amx_last, allowing you to see the IP address of the player.

Understood, I did not know this was a topic already. I hear you on the sql_menu i was just suggesting it because i am very forgetful and this would come in handy for me personally. In the future i will try not to be so forgetful and get the IP/steamID through the sql_menu until i earn the responsibility. Thanks for the input Hawk :D
_Kid-

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:21 pm

I disagree with HAWK and agree with KID.
It's amx_last for "pete's" sake, not amx_ban or amx_kick

It does nothing. Just shows steam id of the players who left.
What's big deal?

Imagine a scenario: A wiseguy comes in and curses to the left and to the right, KID is the only admin online, he warns the guy twice, but the guy doesn't understand.

KID creates a votekick, but asshole comes back and tells KID something within a lines of: "f... f...... stupid admin, blah blah (insert f-word here) and leaves right away

Makes KID looks like a useless piece of junk in front of other players.

If our 1-2 stars admins had access to(I REPEAT INNOCENT COMMAND) amx_last, at least they can get the guy's steam id and report it to us.

And now KID is left naked with his thingie hanging for other player's humiliation.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND to reconsider

OK I know a solution, KID should've typed STATUS in console the moment he saw that the guy is abusing the rules. That way he would've had the guy's STEAM ID

COME ON, let's not be a hard-asses here, it's just AMX_LAST command. It's as innocent as a nun doing squats in cucumber field

2poor4shoes

Post by 2poor4shoes » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:09 pm

I remember asking a higher up about this before I got promoted and it remained the same. It is a very simple and useful command for all admins to use but Sammy has his reasons.
[AMXX] <Dice Dealer> -[.40 cal ]- 2poor4shoes *** is bankrupt

Venom
Site Admin

Post by Venom » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:57 pm

it could be linked to another command that certain level admins aren't suppose to have ... so it's not being hard asses ... it's knowledge of codes and programming ... or just common sense since it's been this way for ... ever .. been brought up before numerous times ... yet ... it's still the same ... hmmmmmm :roll:

and I think some things need to be earned ... gotta learn to do things the hard way before we hand it to you the easy way ...

if it can be done I'm sure sammy will consider it

locking for now so it's not an open debate
-[.40 cal ]- tomwzhere ***: lol imma be webcamming with charlie so he will see if i put it right
Ven: sounds sexual :roll:

Return to “Suggestion booth!”