Apology: Absence

i screwed up and im sorry!

theYonnest

Apology: Absence

Post by theYonnest » Thu May 15, 2014 7:57 pm

Hey guys,

After a year of inactivity due to jobs and college, I am returning for a few months. I apologize for the inconsistency. In the past 2 years life caught up to me really quickly.

There are a number of factors that have been preventing me from being as active as I was just a few years back when I joined the 40 cal community. As of 6 months ago, I am paying for myself. This includes (but is not limited to) rent, food, school loans (hooray for tons of debt). My dad, although doing fine, does not have the job he once had and as a result has not been able to contribute as much. I appreciate everything he has done for me, but the reality is my free time is much more limited than it once was.

Although summer is coming up I have an internship in New York working at a bank. I am trying to graduate a semester early so I will be simultaneously taking 2 courses online and then taking a full load in the fall semester while applying for full time jobs. Like i said, my free time is limited.

I didn't mean to offend any members by coming back and sticking the tag on. If it is better for the community, I am more than happy to remove the tag and just play casually on the server.

Hope everyone is well. Its been a while guys (sammy, scorpion, karma [who im sure will be headshotting me all day for the next few weeks). Hope to see y'all around.

Happy fraggin.
theYonnest

Not the Face!

Re: Apology: Absence

Post by Not the Face! » Thu May 15, 2014 8:05 pm

I didn't mean any disrespect. I completely understand how life catches up to somebody. I hadn't heard of you and I didn't know if any other admins knew who you were. I'd hate to see someone flip out because you have the tag. Nice to have a fellow member back :D I had saw you didn't have any powers and that is why I questioned you and changed your name.

NTF

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Thu May 15, 2014 8:34 pm

It has been a while, but I'm glad you're doing well. Don't worry about it, we all have a life outside CS and it comes as the first responsibility, and if someone doesn't understand that, well, he/she has a problem.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

AA27 HAWK

Post by AA27 HAWK » Thu May 15, 2014 11:16 pm

School is first! Good job with it! Glad to see you are doing ok bro!!!

rip - "By day, he's Hawk. Mild mannered rank bait. Come darkness, he transforms in to Hawk, the dark lord of the ban (and still rank bait.)" :lol:

theYonnest

Post by theYonnest » Sat May 17, 2014 9:16 am

I appreciate the support guys, at least on the forums.

Just now in game, White Ninja for 2 maps kept asking me to change my name. After asking that he go online and check the forums, he told me to shut up and that he would ban me if he saw the tag again.

Though I have been involved in the 40 cal community for over 2 years now, I wonder if the culture has changed. Is this the ideal active admin? Telling members to "shut up and stop being annoying"? Threatening to ban a member?

Certainly I have been gone for a while, but I would appreciate more respect than the way I am currently being treated. I understand that my name is unfamiliar to many of the active members. To me, that's still no excuse for the harassment I have been receiving.

DotA

Post by DotA » Sat May 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Fired. lol, welcome back though.
MarioBros.: What about yourself?
DotA: eh I never count my self.
MarioBros.: Why?
DotA: Because I tend to think there is always someone better.
MarioBros.: Because you cant win in GG?
DotA: >_>....

AA27 HAWK

Post by AA27 HAWK » Sun May 18, 2014 3:25 pm

theYonnest wrote:I appreciate the support guys, at least on the forums.

Just now in game, White Ninja for 2 maps kept asking me to change my name. After asking that he go online and check the forums, he told me to shut up and that he would ban me if he saw the tag again.

Though I have been involved in the 40 cal community for over 2 years now, I wonder if the culture has changed. Is this the ideal active admin? Telling members to "shut up and stop being annoying"? Threatening to ban a member?

Certainly I have been gone for a while, but I would appreciate more respect than the way I am currently being treated. I understand that my name is unfamiliar to many of the active members. To me, that's still no excuse for the harassment I have been receiving.
Sorry for the inconvenience, we had a bunch of impersonators and people wearing the tags lately. That is probably why he answered you that way.

Ninja, you owe him big time!

rip - "By day, he's Hawk. Mild mannered rank bait. Come darkness, he transforms in to Hawk, the dark lord of the ban (and still rank bait.)" :lol:

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Sun May 18, 2014 11:37 pm

glad ur back bro...lemme know when to reistate your admin

Return to “Apology Section!”