Skinny

Admin App for Skinny503

Post by Skinny » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Personal Information!
Name:Dustin VanDoren
Cs Game Name: Skinny503
Email address: skinnyebay@gmail.com
Steamid: "Skinny503" 734 STEAM_0:0:31226439
Tell us about yourself: Been a CS lover since the add on came out in the 1990's. Friend introduced me and I was hooked. Have been playing off and on for 10+ years. This is my second account as my first one is linked to a email account I no longer have access to and steam is a pain about transferring it. I have recently discovered that all 3 laptops I use daily can run the game and have gone nuts playing anytime I can be it at work on my lunch, at home in my free time, or on the road!
Hobbies:Video game repair/modification, arcade repair, working on cars, gardening
Job: Parts manager, Factory trained vineyard tractor mechanic, Tractor salesmen
Favorite .40 cal server: War3FT
Comments:
I have been waiting to apply for Admin until I was here for a few months and was also waiting for a admin or two to tell me to apply or sponsor me (Toeshot said here on the forum I should apply and I have have admins in game tell me I should as well so here I am!)

Joining Information!
How long ago have you played in .40 cal Servers?:6ish months
Why are you interested .40 cal?:Its nice to find a server that has rules and people to enforce them for a overall great experience
How did you hear of .40 cal?:Steam search found it
Are you a member of another gaming community?:No
Will you be a dedicated member to .40 cal?:Yes
have you been a member/reg before?:No
Do you have a working mic?:Yes, on all laptops I play on

final membership qualification! (answer yes or no to ALL SIX questions below)
1. I understand (ADMIN IS FREE) admin 10 servers!...but any help is appreciated! Yes
2. I understand I can be terminated for abusing my admin and/or server rules? Yes
3. I understand I may be asked to admin a specific 40cal server on demand? (when needed) Yes
4. I understand I must have my (own STEAM ID) which will not be shared with anyone! Yes
5. I understand I will always wear the 40cal tag proudly and never alter/change my name/tag ever! Yes
6. I understand I will be terminated for being inactive in the servers and forum over 30 days! Yes

Jeriko

Re: Admin App for Skinny503

Post by Jeriko » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:17 pm

Hey skinny! Happy you finaly decided to apply.

Seeing you reinforcing de rules and being an example player makes you a great person to play with.

This is not my call but hope they see you as i do.

Good luck
"I don't know why i can't hit, i was on target..."

Skinny

Post by Skinny » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:40 am

Thank you jeriko! Hopefully others feel the same way! Even if it's denied I will still attempt to enforce the rules and post demos. Mainly just wanting to help out more and I'm tired of back talk from people saying "well your not a admin so blah blah blah", of course I always state "admin or not the rules are the rules and not following them is disrespecting the owner and members". Just wish more people on the internet would man up instead of using it as an excuse to act like children or high school girls.

ScorpioN

Post by ScorpioN » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:51 pm

nice app. Everything looks good.

Goodluck, make sure you know the .40cal rules:
http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It might also help to know how to record demos of hackers:
http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We look for admins with maturity, and who take the initiative in learning. If accepted, your job will be to help moderate the servers and continual active participation on our forums.

Skinny

Post by Skinny » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Thank you for the reply! I look at the rules every few days and at the beginning of every map. Already have made a few demos, no one has told me if they are acceptable or not (with the exception of spock who has enlightened me and continues to do so). Basically start demo, repeatedly tell the player they are breaking the rules (kill them with kindness), inform themthe rules are available at 40calgamers.com and at the beginning of each level, if they continue while demoing make sure to type "status" in the console to get steam ID's and post up here!

ScorpioN

Post by ScorpioN » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Skinny503 wrote:Thank you for the reply! I look at the rules every few days and at the beginning of every map. Already have made a few demos, no one has told me if they are acceptable or not (with the exception of spock who has enlightened me and continues to do so). Basically start demo, repeatedly tell the player they are breaking the rules (kill them with kindness), inform themthe rules are available at 40calgamers.com and at the beginning of each level, if they continue while demoing make sure to type "status" in the console to get steam ID's and post up here!
Well looks like you got the gist of it. However, we only require recording of a demo to ban hackers (i.e wallhackers, aimbotters, esp hacks, speed hacks, etc.) For those players who continually spam, crouch-walk, use foul language or are disrespectful to other players/admins, we follow this order:
1st offense: warning
2nd offense: another warning
3rd offense: votekick
4th offense: voteban. (Votebans are not permanent, just 30 minutes)

Only demos of hackers are posted to banlands and will be permanently banned.

Fishmonk

Post by Fishmonk » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:42 pm

good luck :mrgreen:

Franchesssss

Post by Franchesssss » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:57 pm

Good Luck.

Skinny

Post by Skinny » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:02 pm

ScorpioN wrote:
Skinny503 wrote:Thank you for the reply! I look at the rules every few days and at the beginning of every map. Already have made a few demos, no one has told me if they are acceptable or not (with the exception of spock who has enlightened me and continues to do so). Basically start demo, repeatedly tell the player they are breaking the rules (kill them with kindness), inform themthe rules are available at 40calgamers.com and at the beginning of each level, if they continue while demoing make sure to type "status" in the console to get steam ID's and post up here!
Well looks like you got the gist of it. However, we only require recording of a demo to ban hackers (i.e wallhackers, aimbotters, esp hacks, speed hacks, etc.) For those players who continually spam, crouch-walk, use foul language or are disrespectful to other players/admins, we follow this order:
1st offense: warning
2nd offense: another warning
3rd offense: votekick
4th offense: voteban. (Votebans are not permanent, just 30 minutes)

Only demos of hackers are posted to banlands and will be permanently banned.

Silly question, is the votekick/voteban something that can be initiated by players? or is it a admin only command? If its a user accessible feature that would help out a lot!

And thank you fish and franch!

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:41 pm

Hey Skinny great application! The votekick and voteban feature are restricted to admins at this time. I wish you luck with your submission!
GlazeD

Return to “Joining 40cal!”