Computer Help

things that have nothing to do with cs!

-=Deadly_Dealer=-

Computer Help

Post by -=Deadly_Dealer=- » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Hey guys, So I play CS on a terrible computer and was thinking of getting a new PC. Spock mentioned DOTA or someone else can help me. I was wondering what your thoughts are on this machine I saw on sale on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC-Game ... 491&sr=1-3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its not too expensive for me and something to hold me over for a year or two (its not alien ware but it will do the job). Lemme know what you think and if you will recommend this buy or have alternate suggestions. Thanks

CaptainJamesTKirk

Re: Computer Help

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Looks as sexy as a alien ware. I'd make her mine if I was you.

lolcatslol

Post by lolcatslol » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:41 pm

pretty nice computer.
I would get it.

tomwzhere

Post by tomwzhere » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:57 pm

For that price, I would get it. Not sure about the graphics card though since I'm more of an Nvidia fan.

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:37 pm

The PC I bought is approx the same stats and runs great for CS. 1GB vid card is more than ample for a great CS 1.6 play. I say buy it! You could maybe find one cheaper locally but if you don't know what to look for this is a great offer.
GlazeD

-=Deadly_Dealer=-

Post by -=Deadly_Dealer=- » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Sounds great, thank you so much guys!

Punisher*Ltr

Post by Punisher*Ltr » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:29 am

-=Deadly_Dealer=- wrote:Hey guys, So I play CS on a terrible computer and was thinking of getting a new PC. Spock mentioned DOTA or someone else can help me. I was wondering what your thoughts are on this machine I saw on sale on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC-Game ... 491&sr=1-3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its not too expensive for me and something to hold me over for a year or two (its not alien ware but it will do the job). Lemme know what you think and if you will recommend this buy or have alternate suggestions. Thanks

I don't know if I am to late to chime in on this post but Radeon have well know issues with CS in general, drivers always cause some sort of an issue, I have an i7 mx 15 alienware laptop equipped with a radeon card and from time to time it will freeze. Before the laptop I had a custom built pc and also used a Radeon card with exactly the same problem but I used to blame it on my custom setup. After researching a lot online I've noticed I was not the only one with the problem. Nvidia cards are more stable and intel computers are a little bit superior from my experience which is why AMD is cheaper, they offer about the same specs but the quality in my opinion is better with Intel computers.

-=Deadly_Dealer=-

Post by -=Deadly_Dealer=- » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Punisher*Ltr wrote:
-=Deadly_Dealer=- wrote:Hey guys, So I play CS on a terrible computer and was thinking of getting a new PC. Spock mentioned DOTA or someone else can help me. I was wondering what your thoughts are on this machine I saw on sale on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC-Game ... 491&sr=1-3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if I am to late to chime in on this post but Radeon have well know issues with CS in general, drivers always cause some sort of an issue, I have an i7 mx 15 alienware laptop equipped with a radeon card and from time to time it will freeze. Before the laptop I had a custom built pc and also used a Radeon card with exactly the same problem but I used to blame it on my custom setup. After researching a lot online I've noticed I was not the only one with the problem. Nvidia cards are more stable and intel computers are a little bit superior from my experience which is why AMD is cheaper, they offer about the same specs but the quality in my opinion is better with Intel computers.
Awesome! You are not too late, I am still in the process of figuring out what I want and how much I can afford then goal is to get myself a good PC for Christmas :p

DotA

Post by DotA » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Plese dont waste your money on that machine lol

you can spend like 100 less and get something with a more powerful PSU, and not a crappy radeon card

Guranteed after 3 months, you'll need to replace your GPU and your PSU. 350 watts with all that lol. You'll computer will noisy as hell too. Go to newegg.com and build one for cheaper, and there warranty's are better.

And if you want, give me a price range on how much you want to spend and i'll build you something way better :)
MarioBros.: What about yourself?
DotA: eh I never count my self.
MarioBros.: Why?
DotA: Because I tend to think there is always someone better.
MarioBros.: Because you cant win in GG?
DotA: >_>....

-=Deadly_Dealer=-

Post by -=Deadly_Dealer=- » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:11 pm

I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone here. I ended up buying a new PC.

http://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC-Stea ... 55&sr=1-34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got this for about $890 and change. with takes and expedited shipping, it came to 940

Return to “Other stuff!”