How did you arrive at your cs name?

talk about cs related topics here!

fps.henry

How did you arrive at your cs name?

Post by fps.henry » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:14 am

Curious how all of you ended up with your CS names? I explained mine in my clan app. Just thought it would be interesting to hear others.

fps.henry

vvcvbx

Re: How did you arrive at your cs name?

Post by vvcvbx » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:08 pm

I read yours henry. Very interesting and refreshing that you have a long history, took me back remembering my early days of cs... was nice to read it. I just typed mine randomly with my left hand just above alt and space keys... but... thought hey, ok. But I'm curious how others got their names too! Like Rip's name :) ... or is sammy's name his actual name? What about so stinky :D? :)

lost

Post by lost » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:38 pm

I have been "lost" from the start, my boy was "lostjr" ..he has moved on to playstation..OMG..

Everyone assumed it was a reference to lost dog, but nope, was not it, I was a fan of "lost in space" as a kid and the woman had just bought me a "lost in space" robot as a fun gift for my birthday, and I had bought Counter strike for myself. So when I was signing up I was trying to be clever, ( that went south in a hurry, involved whiskey, headaches, etc ) and looked at my robot and typed in "lost" and here we are..Always imitated but never duplicated I am "lost" the one and only... 8-)
" I am so lost "

rip

Post by rip » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:49 pm

Mine was rude so greatly shortened.

Stinky is his gang name. Wedo, Casper and Shawty gave it to him.
rip

Build a fire for a man, you keep him warm that night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

sO sTiNkY

Post by sO sTiNkY » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:43 am

lol i couldn't use my real cs name so i had to improvise

sLiM[v]

Post by sLiM[v] » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:20 pm

It's my gang name

kal_el.ca

Post by kal_el.ca » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:45 pm

I would imagine most know where kal_el comes from (Supermans real name for the odd ones that don't) Been a die-hard fan since I was wee little lad. Even have a superman tattoo on my back. I have used this name since I started playing CS way back in the beginning. Other then a few names I used to go undercover when I ran a server/clan years ago.

The ".ca" part was added somewhere between 12-15 years ago (honestly can't remember anymore) Again, for those that don't know (though I assume most would at least have an idea) .ca is because I'm Canadian. I added that because a guy I used to play with had .ru at the end of his name. After about a year I finally asked him what it meant and he just said it's because he was Russian. Found out later that he wasn't actually Russian but he was Belarusian. Which apparently many people call "white Russia"

Well that was a little longer then I intended and the first time in over a decade I've actually explained my name

DIvech

Post by DIvech » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:11 am

Im sure i told this story somewhere, but lets do it again :mrgreen:
A long-long time ago when the latest half life game was Opposing force a friend went hunting and wanted to play some Opposing force with me after he came back.
He was pumped and kept calling me divech the whole time (that means game in bulgarian) he lost the game badly, but when i was out of ideas for a nickname i recalled that story and started using it full time :|
Because its hard to pronounce i go by div (which actually
translates to wild :lol: )
The capital letters in my name are there only to look fancy 8-)
"Now the sky is trembling and the moon is pale
We're on the edge of forever and we're never gonna fail..."
"The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties."

Return to “Counter-Strike! General cs topics!”