Improving the gungame server (suggestions)

Gungame level Up

strrmx

Improving the gungame server (suggestions)

Post by strrmx » Sun May 15, 2016 3:04 pm

Hello all,
long time .40 cal player here, happy to be a part of the community.

My background: CS player for 15 or so years (steam 0:1:99533)

Just have a few suggestions that would perhaps improve the gungame server.

Suggestion 1: I said this once before, but I'm happy to say it again, because it happened last night. The GG server was almost full, we were having great games, then the server switched to de_dust2 and the player count fell from around 22 to 10. Then the server lost all of it's players for the rest of the night (this was around 2:30AM) I have no problem with D2, it's great for scrims/classic servers/etc. Although, I've seen it harm the player count on the GG server many, many times. I would really love to see any "classic maps" removed from the rotation on the GG server or at least give the idea a try for a few weeks etc. I guarantee the GG server will see a higher player count on a consistent basis.

Suggestion 2: The way spawn protection works needs to be either reworked or removed. When enemies spawn, they are able to shoot you and advance level, but you are not. Essentially, the individual that has demonstrated skill by pushing across the map killing enemies, is being punished. So I offer 3 ideas to fix this, although, 1 might be hard to implement.
1. Have players lose spawn protection once they shoot their first bullet. (Hard to implement?)
2. Change spawn protection time to a very short amount of time (.5 seconds, about the time it takes to land and see your surroundings)
3. Remove spawn protection all together

Please consider some of these ideas, I have always been very passionate about gaming and this server is a place I come for many of my gaming sessions. With these implementations, the server could be more active, and increase competition/skill cap.

Thanks for listening.

sammy
Site Admin

Re: Improving the gungame server (suggestions)

Post by sammy » Sat May 21, 2016 11:23 am

good suggestions. thank you
sammy

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:06 pm

Sound like great suggestions to me!

RAMBO

Post by RAMBO » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:54 pm

start banning all the hackers

sophokingrichard

Post by sophokingrichard » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:28 am

Yo - anything ever happen with suggestion #2 here - as far as if any adjustments are possible? The current spawn protection is really frustrating on some of the smaller maps that are supposed to be a blood bath

kimjongchillin

Post by kimjongchillin » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:25 pm

sophokingrichard wrote:Yo - anything ever happen with suggestion #2 here - as far as if any adjustments are possible? The current spawn protection is really frustrating on some of the smaller maps that are supposed to be a blood bath
agreed. maybe reduce it to one second.

and yes, please more admins. speed hacker showing up multiple times daily again.

sophokingrichard

Post by sophokingrichard » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:59 am

Bump for #2 :)

Return to “#4 Gungame Server! ------------------------108.181.1.219:27018”