Knifing

Gungame level Up

kal_el.ca

Knifing

Post by kal_el.ca » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:29 pm

I know some may not like this, others would love it. But I was just playing on gungame, and I was wondering what people thought about enforcing excessive knifing?

I for one thinks it's a pretty good idea, but like I said, some will not. I'm not talking about no knifing at all. If you run out of bullets, go for it. If you come across someone who is oblivious to your presence, sure, why not?! But when it comes to some people who are very good at timing with knives, I think it can be a bit of an unfair advantage over some who are a little less skilled with pistols.

I lost count of how many gungame servers I've played on, some enforced excessive knifing, some didn't. I just though I would throw this out there and see what people thought of it.

MarioBros

Re: Knifing

Post by MarioBros » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Not to be rude, but I would stop playing the server if we started to do that.
Knifing is part of the gungame mod. You either gain a level or get rekt. Its always a risk to go for knife kills. You can get knifed too while you are trying to kill that one bad player!

Besides, who shoots and goes for the knife kill? That's low! e.e
You either knife from or shoot from the start >:D
"Text translated via Google Translate"

tomwzhere

Post by tomwzhere » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:09 pm

I don't think this is a good idea. Knifing is part of the game. If someone is able to run up to you and knife, then they got it fair and square. Someone can try to camp and get knife kills which is still a way of playing, though they would probably not win, it is still their choice of playstyle.

kal_el.ca

Post by kal_el.ca » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:17 pm

I know knifing is part of the game, but it is after all called gun game. I'm perfectly fine with knifing, lol and yes, i will shoot and then knife if I have to. Better then sitting there trying to reload and having someone else pop up and shoot you.

This was simply an idea to toss out there. I personally find it funny when I keep getting knifed by a guy then i look at his score and it's something like 15-45. And besides, if it wasn't for bringing up stuff like this, I wouldn't be able to get to know most of the admins and regulars and their views/opinions on things.

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:21 pm

I like to knife only in closed maps like deagle5.
At some point, the mod makes you want to knife only. You get bored of guns and how easy it is to kill everybody. Its just to spice things up here and there. To give others the chance of winning 8-)
kal_el.ca wrote: and yes, i will shoot and then knife if I have to.
Banned! :twisted:
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Dopeeyes

Post by Dopeeyes » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:21 pm

No offense but I think that is a horrible idea. If someone can win by excessive knifing then all the power to them. I think knifing a lot would be a lot slower than just shooting people.

Return to “#4 Gungame Server! ------------------------108.181.1.219:27018”