So we meet again

if you're taking a break let us know!

Evangelist

So we meet again

Post by Evangelist » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:58 pm

Hello, children.

I've had an interesting time since I've last seen y'all, almost nine months back since my last message.

Life has been great so far, though am beginning to hate my current job, we went union, so I have that to look forward to... hopefully soon they'll come and and change everything for the better.

Got married again, to a great German woman. Imported her to Texas, and we're still waiting for all the paperwork and legalities to take effect.

--and, began work on my dream of creating my own video game. I should hopefully have a beta done by no later than February (fingers crossed.) If anyone is interested in playing it or seeing screenshots, or just reading the mad ramblings of my development, let me know. I'll be around again.

rip

Re: So we meet again

Post by rip » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:33 pm

Show us what you have when you're ready.

Also, been considering learning Android for my own... I'm a hardware guy not programmer.

Do 100 % of the work and I'll split it with you, lol.
rip

Build a fire for a man, you keep him warm that night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:15 pm

Great to hear from you again. Glad everything is going well for you.
If you have some kind of blog for your game, I'd love to read it.
Good luck! :D
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:43 pm

Heya dudes, glad y'all are still 'round.

I don't have any blogs, yet. I figure once the public demo is completed, I'll start one and hopefully draw in some people that would be interested in following its progress. I do plan on starting a patreon and a crowdfunding once I have something of substance to offer. My goal is to raise enough to hire musicians and spriters, and possibly anything else that could be beneficial to it.

Its created using the RPG Maker MV engine. I like it, but it's kinda limited on what I can do, so I do what I can with gimp and other programs to add little things for depth. It's a long process but I have a ton of fun doing it.

I do have a few screenshots I can share with y'all though. Most of these maps are pretty much done, with the exception of finishing touches like adding trees, animated sprites, etc.

I also made an intro movie which came out pretty good, but I still need logos. My woman will probably make them for me, she's a graphic designer by trade, but we're kinda both at a loss of what the logos could look like. :/

As of now, the game is a 4-6 hour long, traditional JRPG style adventure. The story unravels more and move over time, but I think a perceptive player could gather the gist of it by reading the dialogue.

It's fully functional with no known bugs. The only thing is some of my maps still need proper parallax and/or layer graphics, that way it looks the part rather than a blocky mess. There's a stigma with RPG Maker games, and am trying my hardest to make the software bend to my will rather than accept its limitations. So far, so good though. I will say that doing all of this has made me a better user of gimp.

ShOoTaHReTuRnZ

Post by ShOoTaHReTuRnZ » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:51 pm

Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing how the game turns out. :D
"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."
- Notable phrase of the U.S. Declaration of Independence

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:55 am

Wassup Shoota man.

I'll be sure to alert the peeps on here on developments and stuff and in case I launch a blog or something before launch too, which I was talking to the lady and she said its a good idea to have it beforehand. Hopefully pretty soon then with actual info and stuff too.

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:03 am

Just as a mini update for anyone interested...

I've been working on some art and other things lately. I've finalized my intro movie, and am now currently working on a trailer. It's gonna be tough to say the least. I have very limited resources to work with, but am making it work.

I have a logo for my game "studio" now too! I use quotations because its just me working on it and "studio" has a sort of weird ring to it, at least to me it does.

Bug Powder Assembly

...and I have the "official" game splash teaser.

Run The Last True Symphony

The demo is coming soon. I've timed it to around 4-6 hours, but I would say its only about 10% complete at the most... so it's looking to be a long adventure.

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:44 pm

I also made a few gifs. Am working on creating a game page on the rpg maker forum tonight and once its done, I'll give y'all a link so you can see it.

https://giphy.com/channel/samkfj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Thu May 17, 2018 12:35 am

Hey! Long time no see.

Been busy at work gettin' stuff up an' runnin'...

but I have my site set up! http://www.bugpowderassembly.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll be releasing the playable demo this weekend! Looking at Friday or Saturday.

ScorpioN

Post by ScorpioN » Fri May 18, 2018 12:33 am

Looking good!

Return to “Departure - Arrival”