Got a sweet tooth and time to kill?

what do you like to eat and drink?

Ch1ck3nm4n Jr.

Got a sweet tooth and time to kill?

Post by Ch1ck3nm4n Jr. » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Chocolate covered Peanut Butter and Jelly Balls.

So my mother ruined regular peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for me. I was content for years thinking that the best pb&j was made by simply putting peanut butter on one piece of bread and jelly on the other and smashing them together until she explained that from he beginning, shes been mixing hers up in a bowl beforehand, which later on became the inspiration for this little masterpiece.

The recipe requires a little imagination. I didn't expect it to turn out as well as it did, so I did not record how much of everything I added.

-Gonna need to break out some peanut butter. Crunchy will do only if extra crunchy isn't available (because creamy peanut butter is for losers)
-Find yourself some kind of jelly- though the individual notes of it will probably get covered up by the chocolate, so save the good stuff till you've tried it before and know how it turns out
-Some raw honey to support your local beekeepers because if the bees die, its basically the beginning of the apocalypse.
And some vanilla extract because vanilla extract.
Mix all these up in a bowl.
Adjust the amounts until they taste good.
Add a lot of confectioners sugar.
Add some more confectioners sugar.
Just keep adding confectioners sugar until you can make little balls and they will hold their shape without sticking to your hands.
It got to the point where instead of mixing with a knife I had to start kneading the sugar in with my hands.

Next part is easy. Melt some almond bark, or some other kind of baking chocolate, though the almond bark worked best. Roll the balls around in the chocolate and stick them on some wax paper till the chocolate hardens.

A++ quality crap right here. 9/10 would try again.
1/10 probably has a peanut allergy.

MarioBros

Re: Got a sweet tooth and time to kill?

Post by MarioBros » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:12 pm

That looks soo good!
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Return to “Food and Beverage!”