what school do you go to?

k1zzy

star Test

Post by k1zzy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:11 pm

any1 have tips for star test

kyute

Re: star Test

Post by kyute » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:31 pm

get a good nights rest. eat a healthy breakfast. take a number 2 before you go to school (not kidding). clear your head before the test starts so you can focus. remember that time isn't going against you, so don't rush anything you have to.

CaptainJamesTKirk

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:28 pm

kyute wrote: take a number 2 before you go to school (not kidding).
You mean a pencil right?

Just take your time like Kyute says. Most mistakes are because a person didn't take the time to fully understand the phrasing of the question. Also, if you get stuck move on and come back to it. It gives your brain a fresh start at the question.

k1zzy

Post by k1zzy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:33 pm

alrite thx guys but i really need help on reading have any tips?

kyute

Post by kyute » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:53 pm

CaptainJamesTKirk wrote:
kyute wrote: take a number 2 before you go to school (not kidding).
You mean a pencil right?
no i mean the number 2 number 2. :] it's good to clear your bowels before taking a nerve racking test. or at least that's how i feel about it.

uhm about the reading sections, just underline the things that seem important in the paragraph. that way when you try to answer the questions, you can just skim through the underlined parts that you made. another suggestion is try to glance through the questions on that paragraph and try to see what they want to try and find out from that paragraph. that way you can focus on looking for answers to the questions instead of reading with no sort of direction to try to focus.

tomwzhere

Post by tomwzhere » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:01 pm

My way for the star test is first to read the questions, that way you know what to look for when you read. I've done that since I started taking the star testing (for california) and I have gotten advanced every year. Hope this will help. Also, like kyute said get a good night rest and a good breakfast. :D Testing on a full stomach keeps you more awake.

CaptainJamesTKirk

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:47 pm

I know California offers copies of old test that you can download and use for practice. If you live in Ca the website is http://www.cde.ca.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and click on the testing and accountability, then on STAR and Program Resources. The tests are under the California Standards Test (CST) Released Questions. It goes by grade so find yours and get to studying

k1zzy

Post by k1zzy » Sun May 02, 2010 7:19 pm

thx

CaptainJamesTKirk

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Mon May 03, 2010 12:50 am

More than happy to help

Return to “School and Education!”