Culture Shock of College

what school do you go to?

`MuiR

Culture Shock of College

Post by `MuiR » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:01 pm

So I am 27 years old. I haven't been in a scholastic environment since I had just turned 17. Now that I am back into the motion of all things academic..I am finding myself feeling more and more overwhelmed..Ugh. My course load this semester was a mistake. Bio/Psychology/English/Math. And all of the teachers have ridiculous expectations for workload already. I can't keep up with it..WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaptainJamesTKirk

Re: Culture Shock of College

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:16 am

Once you get back into the swing of things it will be no sweat for you.

Fishmonk

Post by Fishmonk » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:29 pm

I once drove by a college

-=Brock*Samson=-

Post by -=Brock*Samson=- » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:20 am

I got my B.A. 16 years ago, and to this day, I still have dreams about realizing that I haven't shown up to class all semester, or showing up to the final exam completely unprepared. College was actually pretty easy for me, but I still have tons of college stress dreams. Weird.

Anyway, this post was from several months ago, so I'm hoping you got into the swing of things. It's all about getting into a routine and prioritizing your assignments.

ladyToOLs

Post by ladyToOLs » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:15 am

I got my AA early (while in highschool) and took 5 years off before I transferred to the University to finish my BA. Being out for so long and being older than everyone can be seriously intimidating. Hang in there, you'll totally get the hang of things and don't be afraid to ask people for help. TA's, professors, they're there to help. Let them know you've been out of it for a while and get on good terms with them and you will find that they can help you greatly (same with other classmates).

Don't overload yourself you crazy man! That's a heavy load for a first quarter back!!

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!!

Return to “School and Education!”