Any Computer Techs out there

what school do you go to?

Franchesssss

Any Computer Techs out there

Post by Franchesssss » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:07 pm

So right now I'm in CTA (Computer Training Academy) learning to be a Computer Technician like 801-802, fixing computers, building computers, etc. etc. and I'm wondering if you can guys can give me pointers or other material that can make me learn not just the materials I learn in school but by other people's materials and how they learned on experience.

DotA

Re: Any Computer Techs out there

Post by DotA » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:17 am

Youtube everything, and pick up a bunch of dummy books :) From my years of experience (almost 20 years :) ) School does almost nothing for you :( the hands on you get from asking/telling friends you'll fix there comps/laptops for free just for practice, and also saying you'll build them one for cheap since you know all the sites ( or at least you should in computer training classes ) to go to. It's wonderful practice. If you don't already do it, tell everybody on facebook, at school even. Let friends/family know especially. Also, post a craigslist posting 1-2 times a week about free analysis on computers and advice, or even repair if you want to test your self. Also, if you have any specific questions about anything, you can PM me or add me on steam, I LOVE to help with computer issues :)
MarioBros.: What about yourself?
DotA: eh I never count my self.
MarioBros.: Why?
DotA: Because I tend to think there is always someone better.
MarioBros.: Because you cant win in GG?
DotA: >_>....

Franchesssss

Re: Any Computer Techs out there

Post by Franchesssss » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:29 am

DotA wrote:Youtube everything, and pick up a bunch of dummy books :) From my years of experience (almost 20 years :) ) School does almost nothing for you :( the hands on you get from asking/telling friends you'll fix there comps/laptops for free just for practice, and also saying you'll build them one for cheap since you know all the sites ( or at least you should in computer training classes ) to go to. It's wonderful practice. If you don't already do it, tell everybody on facebook, at school even. Let friends/family know especially. Also, post a craigslist posting 1-2 times a week about free analysis on computers and advice, or even repair if you want to test your self. Also, if you have any specific questions about anything, you can PM me or add me on steam, I LOVE to help with computer issues :)
Well the thing is the school I got to, is all online so I learn by own pace, and they have little test like fix the computer because wrong cord is connected to the computer and stuff like that. The program is called http://www.testout.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Everything is not online we have to come to school for a total of 12 hours a week or more depending if you have a job or not. One of the teachers has his computer repair shop at school, so whenever people like need the computer fixed, us student is most likely we have to fix it.

Return to “School and Education!”