Car Questions for Cran and anybody that can help

things that have nothing to do with cs!

Dead Man

Car Questions for Cran and anybody that can help

Post by Dead Man » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:32 pm

I been looking for a car that is like 2014 but i know i will never find anything like that, that is around 10k or less. I did find some that said like 10k but i do not understand what the total actually would be.

Right now im in a junk car 96 toyota corolla. Ac broken really has no power when running and basically is hell lol. And it makes it hard to travel with my son especially in this upcoming hot weather.

Like this. What does that mean.
Does it mean that You pay 1,999 + (299 * 36) = Total amount and the car is yours?

c.ran

Re: Car Questions for Cran and anybody that can help

Post by c.ran » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:51 pm

Does it mean that You pay 1,999 + (299 * 36) = Total amount and the car is yours?
What that means is you have to pay $1,999 when you sign to lease the car. then your monthly payments will be $299 for 36 months.

grand total at the end of the 36 months will be $12,763... then you give them the car back lol...

Leasing is only good if you want a new car every few years and never want to deal with maintenance.

but to pay twelve thousand dollars and give the car back seems silly right?

but in order to buy a car you must have good credit.

Hope this helps. you can always pm me.

-cody

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Yea that is lol. How about for those that say for example MSRP = 22,000

But than they have the same paying format as in the image above. Because when i do the total it says its like 13,000 but the MSRP SAYS 22,000. Does that mean that one still has to pay the difference of 22,000-13,000?

c.ran

Post by c.ran » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:05 pm

Yea that is lol. How about for those that say for example MSRP = 22,000

But than they have the same paying format as in the image above. Because when i do the total it says its like 13,000 but the MSRP SAYS 22,000. Does that mean that one still has to pay the difference of 22,000-13,000?

msrp is the retail price of the vehicle.

when you finance a vehicle, your payment are normally higher then lease. Also to take in account is the APR that you pay. I think your best bet Dead is to try and finance a vehicle at 60 or 72 months if you have good credit it should be below a 5% APR.

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:05 pm

What the commercials, ads, or salespeople never tell you is...

1. Have a credit rating that they consider good: Which could be any number, mostly high numbers of course.

2. Money down: How much you can/should/will have to put down. With perfect credit, the amount will be lower, with not so perfect credit, the amount will be higher.

3. Insurance: Depending on the type of car; insurance will be more expensive or cheaper.

So if your credit is high enough, you can put enough down, and you see what your insurance will be with a car of that type; you'll be gold.

Also, when you wanna buy ask for whatever deals you can swing.

Are you a student? Some car companies have small discounts for that.

Company discount? I work for Fedex, almost anywhere you can think of, I get a discount, and if its something big I wanna get, you bet your hiney I mention it.

Loyal to the company? As in you own a car of that same make, mention that too; especially if you trade in a car from the same maker.

Also, ask about any fees you'll be charged. You know, dumb things like paperwork fees and junk like that. They'll try to squeeze whatever out of you. Some of those you can haggle. I remember when I bought a car a few years ago, they wanted to charge me a fee for cleaning... Wait a minute there you little bastids... you wanna charge me a fee for cleaning a new car? I told them to shove that some place important to bodily function. The sales person ended up working it into the final price without me ever seeing it. It has to be there on paper according to them. Google the question, and you can see more things you can work with.

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+di ... 8&oe=utf-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Remember: The job of the sales person is to sell the car, and they have quite a bit of leverage to sell it, and more than likely, their final price isn't the lowest they can really go.

Also, on a separate note; make sure that any and all maintenance is covered. I dunno what it is... but new cars nowadays seem to be... inferior to cars made when I was still in high school (am 30 now.) That same car I mentioned earlier, the transmission messed up a few months after. According to the dealer, same dealer I bought it from, the tranny was problematic due to something blah blah... it could have even been magic for all I knew... but a new car to have that kinda problem? Just be careful. Another person I knew had a new GMC truck, and it kept messing up, but they couldn't find the problem. He ended up leaving it there until they fixed it. I don't think he got it back for a few months... and it was still messing up.

GL.

Return to “Other stuff!”