Blackberry or Iphone?

get some cool ringtones here!

sammy
Site Admin

Blackberry or Iphone?

Post by sammy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:58 am

i need a new cell phone but im not sure which one to buy....and whats the best deal for a plan right now?
i would like text and internet too!

1cy

Re: Blackberry or Iphone?

Post by 1cy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:38 pm

My friend had an Iphone with unlimited texted and internet but he changed to Blackberry..if i remember correctly it might of been cheaper with Blackberry. It also depends if you want the Apps from the Iphone, they can be very helpful. 8-)

*NOTE* I heard a new Iphone is coming out in few months, not sure though. you'll have to ask.
In-Game Name - -[.40 cal ]- 1cy **
Main Server - Warcraft3 Xp-Saved(66.151.138.157:27015)

Cueball

Post by Cueball » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:43 pm

It depends on the carrier you have. Iphone is going to be AT&T.

I will have to say that I have an iphone and I will never go to another phone again. You can't beat the simple use and the awesome touchscreen and apps.

You will have a data plan with either. The basic plan with the iphone you are looking about $80 once all the taxes are kicked in and w/unlimited texting.

I have the basic talk plan with att since everything i do is either text or email. I've come to only use maybe 150 minutes of talk time a month since eveyrthing is data based now.

If you know someone that has both phones then play with them. I think you'll like the iphone more.

status

Post by status » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:26 pm

i love my g1 with google and andriod apps from tmobile. i had the blackberry wasnt too impressed (most of the time it was super slow and unresponsive) and ive never liked anything that begins with a "i"

i wanted the driod but its exclusivly through verizon and doesnt take sim cards :( didnt wanna break my contract
status.mk1

Venom
Site Admin

Post by Venom » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:04 pm

Cueball wrote:It depends on the carrier you have. Iphone is going to be AT&T.
Not always ;)

I had the G1 when it first came out ... sold it in 2 weeks ... processing core is too slow in google phones ...

I've gone through many Blackberry's and never kept one for more than a few months ... always went back to the iPhone .... if you need unlimited text, data ... its cheaper thru T-mobile
-[.40 cal ]- tomwzhere ***: lol imma be webcamming with charlie so he will see if i put it right
Ven: sounds sexual :roll:

slicky

Post by slicky » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:53 pm

I thought about switching out of Verizon to AT&T just to get a iPhone but the service isnt that great. The iPhone is pretty cool to me, but It cost at least 100 bucks for the iPhone plan with unlimited text/pic. :roll:
An most amazing 40cal admin yet.

Cueball

Post by Cueball » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:10 pm

Well i meant being legit. yes you can get an iphone and take it to tmobile and pay a lot less for your plan. you can buy a used iphone from pretty much anywhere.

but do you really want to go through the hassel everytime you want to do an update on the phone you will have to jail break it all over again and go through and customize it again.

what you could do which is so much better.

if you have people on att just go into a family plan. add the iphone to the plan. i have 3 people on att with 3 iphones with all the works on the plan and sharing minutes for $200 a month. split 3 ways you can't beat it.

Venom
Site Admin

Post by Venom » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:25 am

but do you really want to go through the hassel everytime you want to do an update on the phone you will have to jail break it all over again and go through and customize it again.
I update and install one app from cydia ... and its exactly the way it was before I updated ... :D not much of a prob ...

yes you can get an iphone and take it to tmobile and pay a lot less for your plan
yes indeed !

... every company "tries" to come up with an "iPhone Killer" ... but fail ....every time ... they come close but never beats it ... the day I keep a phone for more than 3 months ... it will be the day there is a better phone than the iPhone
-[.40 cal ]- tomwzhere ***: lol imma be webcamming with charlie so he will see if i put it right
Ven: sounds sexual :roll:

puppet

Post by puppet » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:15 pm

blah i don't have to pay a bill lol

i would say the iphone

i don't use it cause to many people have it

TSLOW

Post by TSLOW » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:20 pm

puppet wrote:blah i don't have to pay a bill lol

i would say the iphone