Crosshair Placement

whats your strategy?

ScorpioN

Crosshair Placement

Post by ScorpioN » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:47 am

Maxims of Crosshair Placement:

1. Head-level - Always keep your crosshair at head-level. Easier to headshot.
2. Safety Net - Adequate spacing for between the time you see the enemy and the time your trigger hand can react. (More detail on this later.) Enemies move much faster than you think.
3. Anticipating when enemy will stop and shoot and how they will peek you. - Whether they do a SpawN jump out, or a crouch-peek, or a regular peek, think what the enemy will do and have your crosshair placed at where he will stop and shoot at you.
4. If target is moving, Lead your target - Quickly put your crosshair to a few steps in front of him and continue spraying as he walks into your shots.

Case 1: Long Range Crosshair Placement
Comments: Crosshair is head-level and looking at a relatively deep angle down tunnel. On 640x480 Resolution, Large Crosshair Size, put the left horizontal tip of your crosshair at the tunnel entrance when you first have sight of the enemy. This provides adequate spacing (i.e. your Safety Net), the time between when you get first sight of the enemy, and when you can pull the trigger acting on your reaction time.

Case 2: Medium Range Crosshair Placement
Comments: Crosshair is always head-level. Notice the Safety Net is larger now. The picture is where I would usually put my crosshair at a passive angle at that distance. This does not specifically apply to Long A at Dust_2, which I realize is a terrible spot to hold in a 5v5 scrim. But in general, if your enemy is coming out the entrance of a chokepoint and you are standing medium range from the chokepoint, this is the passive angle to hold.

Case 3: 90 Degree Enemy Contact
Comments: "90 Degree Enemy Contact" means that the enemy will be coming horizontically across your screen, and you catch him running at a vertical. The Safety Net is about the same as Case 2. Do not put the middle of your crosshair directly against the opening of the tunnel unless you expect your opponent to shoulder peek you and/or stop and shoot right there.

Case 4: Close Range Crosshair Placement
Comments: Again notice the crosshair is head-level. This is a good passive angle to hold if you plan on hiding behind a set of double doors. Notice that I am not crouching in the corner but standing up. Enemies move much faster than you think so at close-range so you must compensate for their speed even more. Therefore your Safety Net is big. If you hear footsteps outside the double doors and your opponent is running, this is the angle to hold and place your crosshairs. If however, you don't hear any footsteps and there is the possibility that your opponent is 'creeping' then the Safety Net can be a little smaller.

YouTube video on Crosshair Placement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwRsdzzgW1c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Goodluck! Happy fraggin' :D

Strength & Honor,
ScorpioN

DotA

Re: Crosshair Placement

Post by DotA » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:54 pm

And yet more good advice :) Everyone should just follow ScorP and his posts :) You will all be wayyyyy better at CS lol
MarioBros.: What about yourself?
DotA: eh I never count my self.
MarioBros.: Why?
DotA: Because I tend to think there is always someone better.
MarioBros.: Because you cant win in GG?
DotA: >_>....

[G]ravity

Re: Crosshair Placement

Post by [G]ravity » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:09 pm

lol Like me? :roll: AHHAHA :lol:

Return to “CS tips and helpful hints!”