whats your strategy?

ACE

Re: ScorpioN's Guide to Basic Counter-Strike

Post by ACE » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:05 am

very nice Scorp love the AK details 8-)

ScorpioN

Post by ScorpioN » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:27 am

ACE wrote:very nice Scorp love the AK details 8-)
thanks ace! :)

kazualty

Post by kazualty » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:05 am

Great information for the new and old. I never really thought about the 45 degree angle being more advantageous. It makes sense though, at a certain point you will see more of them and they spend longer in your sights right at that angle shift of one side of the spectrum switching to the other (middle of 90 degree angle). Pretty interesting. Might I suggest added something to the spray n pray section. Generally before you end up at horizontal control you have to pull down a little bit, so you will want to put the first shot in the chest and pull down slightly to keep most rounds near there head/chest area. Or if you know you dont need the first shot to connect and want more of the spray to hit accurately sometimes I aim at the knee height and just focus on horizontal control because it jumps up the body and usually ends up around the chest/head area, This is not always effective as you are vulnerable for a couple shots but for longer range spray if your already prayin it seems to be more accurate. most of the time i notice most guns tend to go up and right a little bit initially i may be wrong but i tend to get a better m4 body spray speed/hits from pulling down and left slightly initially. Also if you are engaging someone that is already spray n praying you and they are a little further away or around a corner, it usually works out better to hit them with the 2 shot strafe as they are usually sitting ducks if they failed with the initial spray.

Don't expect you to add all that lol, but the initial spray pull-down is a must if you start at the head/chest area. Ive noticed you can do this during bursts as-well, have seen m4 pull off beautiful 3 burst hs while pulling down, its hard to do though and requires alot of practice.

Great guide tho :D, Very informative.

ScorpioN

Post by ScorpioN » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:11 pm

kazualty wrote:Might I suggest added something to the spray n pray section. Generally before you end up at horizontal control you have to pull down a little bit, so you will want to put the first shot in the chest and pull down slightly to keep most rounds near there head/chest area.
Thanks kaz! Seems I did leave out pulling the crosshair down in the "Spray n Pray" section so I added it. (I had it in the AK Shooting Guide spray section though!) haha :D

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:55 am

Ok scorp I know i PM'd you about how helpful this was but I put your deagle tip to use and has it ever made a difference! Thanks again~!
GlazeD

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:24 pm

I was wondering thoug, under your pro binds section.... is there any way you can provide a detailed break down of what these binds do/benefit?
GlazeD

ScorpioN

Post by ScorpioN » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:08 pm

Hey Glazed, thanks for the comments! I'm glad the deagle tip is going well for you =]
Glazed wrote:I was wondering thoug, under your pro binds section.... is there any way you can provide a detailed break down of what these binds do/benefit?
hud_fastswitch 1: enable fastswitch toggling of weapons
cl_dynamiccrosshair 0: disable dynamic crosshair. crosshair will not expand/contract. Will stay constant size even when moving

And the rest should make your game run smoother! (I really have no idea what they mean, I should really find out soon lol)

fps_max 101
rate 30000
cl_updaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 101

Note:
fps_max 101; cl_cmdrate 101; cl_updaterate 101; = 100 tick servers
fps_max 67; cl_cmdrate 67; cl_updaterate 67; = 66 tick servers

Return to “CS tips and helpful hints!”