Selective Enforcement & Rule Interpretation

speak and you will be heard!

Prepared

Re: Selective Enforcement & Rule Interpretation

Post by Prepared » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:25 pm

I for one won't ever be spamming my "Complete the objective macro" when the odds are stacked against someone. I am all for working a map to drop people to increase my odds of success in competing my objective, and I support anyone else who does this. Blatant camping isn't ever okay.

Camping because you hear someone coming and want to set up a situation in which you can drop a player with minimal risk, no issues there.

I'll always drop an enemy team versus complete an objective because it accomplishes the same goal. If the enemy team dies, guess what? The round ends. If I complete my objective? The round ends. And, since, I'm not life, or crowe, or anyone else, and the efforts I am making actively reflect such a goal, there isn't a problem there.

If you KNOW you're going to die, just running into a corner to hide, that isn't okay in my personal opinion. Running around trying to pick someone off and going after the objective from a tactical sense, versus running in to suicide, perfectly legitimate.

Short of someone displaying a behavior like crowe, or life, or similar, if you're making an effort to get the job done, I won't ever flag you, and that is how it should be. There is a round timer for a reason, letting people use it shouldn't ever be a problem. If it is, then reduce the round timer. Otherwise, as long as an effort is being made, let people use the time they got.

tr3v360

Post by tr3v360 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:30 pm

well i will come out and say that I was the admin while this took place 1 time..furthermore you cursed on the mic say this is "bs"..the full word then I told u to not do it again and you said do your job crowe and life are ghosting. I no that if I can prove it and he was only specting for a few rounds I cant just kickem for that..but on the other hand, you cursed again on the mic three matches later. listen I have been given a title if you break the rule there are affects that is clear to everyone playing 40cal. It is what it is. just do your part and there is nothing to worry about.

thank you.
tr3v360 8-)

ladyToOLs

Post by ladyToOLs » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:52 pm

Prepared wrote:I for one won't ever be spamming my "Complete the objective macro" when the odds are stacked against someone. I am all for working a map to drop people to increase my odds of success in competing my objective, and I support anyone else who does this. Blatant camping isn't ever okay.

Camping because you hear someone coming and want to set up a situation in which you can drop a player with minimal risk, no issues there.

I'll always drop an enemy team versus complete an objective because it accomplishes the same goal. If the enemy team dies, guess what? The round ends. If I complete my objective? The round ends. And, since, I'm not life, or crowe, or anyone else, and the efforts I am making actively reflect such a goal, there isn't a problem there.

If you KNOW you're going to die, just running into a corner to hide, that isn't okay in my personal opinion. Running around trying to pick someone off and going after the objective from a tactical sense, versus running in to suicide, perfectly legitimate.

Short of someone displaying a behavior like crowe, or life, or similar, if you're making an effort to get the job done, I won't ever flag you, and that is how it should be. There is a round timer for a reason, letting people use it shouldn't ever be a problem. If it is, then reduce the round timer. Otherwise, as long as an effort is being made, let people use the time they got.

Yes, Prepared you do this all the time. So again my question to the higher admins is if I am a T with a bomb is it okay to try and kill all the CTs before planting? Does that count as completing my objective? I don't play in leagues and I don't scrim and this isn't competitive playing and it can be kind of frustrating watching other people attempt this as we all have to sit there dead and wait to see if they kill other people instead of planting the bomb... I'm just trying to get this cleared up. Thanks!

ScorpioN

Post by ScorpioN » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:44 am

ladyToOLs wrote:Yes, Prepared you do this all the time. So again my question to the higher admins is if I am a T with a bomb is it okay to try and kill all the CTs before planting? Does that count as completing my objective? I don't play in leagues and I don't scrim and this isn't competitive playing and it can be kind of frustrating watching other people attempt this as we all have to sit there dead and wait to see if they kill other people instead of planting the bomb... I'm just trying to get this cleared up. Thanks!
Sure tooley ill try to answer your question.
Players always have to try to plant the bomb if they are on T side. For CTs they always have to try to defuse the bomb. Only in a 1v4 situation or something suicidal with no odds in your favor would it be okay to save. Even then, they should try to sneak a bomb plant.

If they save on T side and the bomb isnt planted, the whole team is money-screwed and will get $0 the next round. Camping is strictly not allowed T side. Hunting for CTs instead on the way to planting the bomb at a bombsite is okay because they are working towards their objective. If however they hunt for CTs going away from the bombsite instead of planting the bomb, this is not okay.

In a scrim, players hardly ever save as a T unless they have a valuable weapon (i.e. an AWP). It would be better to type 'kill' in the console before time runs out than let your whole team be money-screwed for the next round.

[G]ravity

Post by [G]ravity » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:39 am

ScorpioN wrote:
ladyToOLs wrote:Yes, Prepared you do this all the time. So again my question to the higher admins is if I am a T with a bomb is it okay to try and kill all the CTs before planting? Does that count as completing my objective? I don't play in leagues and I don't scrim and this isn't competitive playing and it can be kind of frustrating watching other people attempt this as we all have to sit there dead and wait to see if they kill other people instead of planting the bomb... I'm just trying to get this cleared up. Thanks!
Sure tooley ill try to answer your question.
Players always have to try to plant the bomb if they are on T side. For CTs they always have to try to defuse the bomb. Only in a 1v4 situation or something suicidal with no odds in your favor would it be okay to save. Even then, they should try to sneak a bomb plant.

If they save on T side and the bomb isnt planted, the whole team is money-screwed and will get $0 the next round. Camping is strictly not allowed T side. Hunting for CTs instead on the way to planting the bomb at a bombsite is okay because they are working towards their objective. If however they hunt for CTs going away from the bombsite instead of planting the bomb, this is not okay.

In a scrim, players hardly ever save as a T unless they have a valuable weapon (i.e. an AWP). It would be better to type 'kill' in the console before time runs out than let your whole team be money-screwed for the next round.
Well said, Like I said, in Scrims as a T their objectives are to try and take over the Bombsites before CT's get a chance to Guard it, its a much fast paced rounds.

Not the Face!

Post by Not the Face! » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:55 pm

I figured I should post here since we've got a nice thread going. Only thing I want to comment about is the language rule. We have a filter for a reason. We even tell people to not avoid the filter. If I see someone say "f-you" or "you f-n noob/suck" I will tell them to not avoid the filter. WTF is OKAY!!! Crap or Poop, even TURD! No bull please. Also, when people swear over mic... I've had this multiple times.. I will do my language bind AND I will say over the mic to not curse/swear over the mic. Language is one rule I am very thankful for. I come to play and not want to deal with people and their over sized ego and fowl language. You swear over mic after I warned you over bind and mic. You'll be kicked on the spot. Just how I feel about it. 2 warnings then bye bye. You come back with the fowl language and I'll give you a 1/2 hour break to calm yourself.

>.> NTF <.<

bluefire672

Post by bluefire672 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:28 am

Can't believe how strong people have reacted too this whole objectives issue. I personally am o.c.d. about my kdr. But i love challanged when its 3vrs 1 scenario, alot of human spotting training. Most maps i check all corners so breaching bombsite easy too this numbers.

Return to “Complaint Department!”