Banned by Mstgman on Deathmatch server

got a problem? lets hear it!

kekeke

Banned by Mstgman on Deathmatch server

Post by kekeke » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:21 pm

Hi, I was banned today by Mstgman on the Deathmatch server (192.210.49.146:27020) with no forewarning or explanation.

My Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:47054
Admin's Name: Mstgman
Server & Map: -[.40 cal ]- DEATHMATCH (192.210.49.146:27020), dm_village
Date & Time: 6/7/20, approximately 2:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time.
Accusation(s): None.

mstgman

Re: Banned by Mstgman on Deathmatch server

Post by mstgman » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:05 am

That is not true, I told the players in the server not to spam the walls & you responded to me several times about spamming (look at logs) you kept doing it after I warned you, so I gave you a 5-minute ban. You need to read & respect the rules when you come into the server. Those rules were put into place before I joined & all I do is reinforce them

kekeke

Post by kekeke » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:26 pm

Mstgman, that is simply not true.

I join the server on de_westwood (or some map that looks like it, don't remember exactly what it was), first thing I hear voice chat is you on voice chat accusing a player of hacking. I take a glance at the scoreboard and notice the player has 15 kills and 10 deaths. They then start getting abusive with you on voice, so you justifiably kick him, though I'm still puzzled as to how a 15-10 player gets accused of hacking. When he rejoins, you say something along the lines of "when you play on my server you play by my rules", and continue to make it a point that you're in charge. The player started getting abusive again so you kicked (and I assume banned) him. I haven't said anything at this point. A few minutes later, you're peeking out of a window, we're shooting at each other, and when you run behind the wall I continue my spray *since we were literally just fighting each other and I knew where you were*. You then proceed to tell me on voice that it's not allowed, to which I respond confused because I've heard an admin in the past say that you *are* allowed to spam when you've seen a person run behind a wall. At this point I stop spamming entirely because I'm worried you'll ban me, and disconnected shortly afterwards. This is the only interaction we've ever had before posting on this forum, and since you're telling me to "look at logs" which I don't know where to find, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could post them in this thread for the sake of transparency.

I rejoined the server a while later (maybe an hour or two?), and you're still on. This is when I decided it might be a good idea to record a demo. Why? I didn't trust you, and knew that should you decide to ban me, it'd end up being my word against yours. Again, our *only interaction* was the single time you claimed that I was breaking server rules for spamming you through a wall. You did not accuse me of anything before banning me, and the demo proves it. I was 59-31 on CT when it happened, with you as T on 29-13.

Here it is: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dt3dmpam ... o.zip/file

I would be super appreciative of any admin (excluding Mstgman of course) that takes the time to look at the demo, which is just under 10 minutes long, to see if I did anything wrong.

lost

Post by lost » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:39 pm

You got a timeout, and if I were to guess it would be for arguing with the admin.

Your turning it into a major issue for no reason, you will not win this fight, but if you really want it , you go..

I have said this before say it again: If you are not a member, do not donate and support .40 cal , your a guest in our house, which provides the servers to play on.

When you are a guest, and when an admin asks you to do or not do something, just go with it. We have some really good people, but we are not perfect, this is where we dump stress and escape from stupid stuff if we can, sometimes tempers can be short, roll with it. Still really good servers, with really good admins.

If you cannot let it go for a 5 minute timeout..then you are free to play elsewhere..

Admin = babysitting and it gets old..join and help out or don't but let the 5 minutes go.

Not about who is right, who is wrong, it was a timeout.

just to be clear, I am the "BEST" looking admin here... 8-)
" I am so lost "

kekeke

Post by kekeke » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:05 pm

Hey Lost, why even have this subforum if your response to legitimate complaints about admin abuse is essentially "too bad"? To reiterate -- I did not speak in chat at all except for our very brief interaction hours before I got banned, where I asked about the wall spamming rule. There isn't any need for guesswork - you have the server logs, you have my demo, why are you having to guess why I got banned? I'd be more than happy to donate to support your server but I'm hardly incentivized to do so when I'm pretty much being told that I can get banned without a legitimate reason just because you feel like blowing off some steam. I also did not know at the time I made the post that it was a 5 minute ban.

And at the end of the day, you're totally right, it is your server and you're free to run it however you want. It's just disappointing that rather than taking this as constructive criticism that could improve everyone's experience on your server, you're turning it into a fight between me and the rest of you. I have tons of respect for a few of the admins that are hilarious dudes in my short time playing here (quarantine), but Mstgman is clearly on a power trip and it's a shame that we can't stop stuff like this from happening again.

Return to “Admin Abuse/Injustice!”