got a problem? lets hear it!

method-

Admin Abuse - Please help

Post by method- » Fri May 22, 2015 3:54 pm

Krusty / Whoever Reset my XP
Warcraft 3 Server
May 22, 5:30
Admin Abuse

I believe to be a victim of admin abuse. I don't have any screenshots or demos because I immediately closed my game in attempt to reach out to Sammy about this issue. My XP was reset to 0 randomly and I was later told after I asked about why my XP was reset that I was breaking the "owning" rule. I had no clue so I looked for that rule in the set of rules listed at this link viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18632&hilit=rule and no such rule is posted. I PM'd Sammy in attempt to reach a solution to this issue already and I find that Krusty supposedly told me ingame on mm1 that I needed to stop owning. I have no clue if this was ever said because I wasn't looking at what people were typing in-game so I didn't even know I was being warned. All I know is that my XP was reset when the map changed. If I had known I was in violation of anything I would have taken the appropriate measures to adjust whatever it is I could have. I don't see "owning" to be in violation of anything on that list so I don't understand how someone could reset my XP for simply playing how I play. On top of that it was never made clear to me at any time that my XP was going to be reset. So I didn't know I was going to be punished for how I was playing nor that the way I was playing was of any sort of issue. Krusty then told me over mic because I was asking about who had done it that I was "owning" and that Sammy was the one who reset my XP. He said that he warned me over mm1 and I told him I wasn't looking at what people were typing and if he had a Microphone why didnt he use that to warn me. I find all of this very non-professional and I believe I am a victim of Admin Abuse and there is injustice here. Please help me rectify this issue as I just want to be able to have fun like everyone else in the Warcraft server and be a happy member of this community. Thank you.

Witness: Super[Headshot] - He said he saw the mm1's from Krusty but I honestly didn't and I never responded to anyone in mm1. But he also couldn't tell me that anyone said anything about me being penalized or that my XP would be wiped nor could he tell me what admin was going to go ahead with wiping my XP.

MarioBros

Re: Admin Abuse - Please help

Post by MarioBros » Fri May 22, 2015 5:12 pm

method- wrote:Sammy was the one who reset my XP.
Shame on you, Sammy, resetting this poor guy's XP. :lol:

I believe there is something that says the following:
*Failing to obey an Admin or our rules will result in Kick, Temporary Ban, or Permanent ban.
I know you would've listened and lower your "owning" IF you had seen it. But you didn't.

Sammy tends to punish where it hurts, so you should be asking him directly if you can have your XP back, or at least some of it. I don't believe it would be hard for you to recover that ammount of XP ;)
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Fri May 22, 2015 8:57 pm

If he really did not read the warnings krusty gave than i beleive he should have a second chance.

Sometimes i also am not able to read all the messages in the chat since so much goes on in chat with announcements etc.

Also I think that when a reset of xp is done admins should have a demo demonstrating that the player they are reporting is ruining game play for the rest. Along with the admin giving a warning and making sure that the player they are warning confirms in the demo that they saw the warning.

If the player does not listen to the admin than an xp reset is deserved.

But that is just my opinion.

nekorb

Post by nekorb » Sat May 23, 2015 6:01 am

I let my 11 year old daughter play in the war3 server yesterday while you were in there. Server emptied out and then it was just you and her. Besides killing her almost every round, in a span of 10 minutes you must have checked top15 and rank a good 20 times. I know if I'm playing and I know the people aren't as good as me, I usually always down play, or play a race i'm not good with, or only use pistols.

Its better to play with a pistol then to not play with anyone at all, all your stat whoring just ruins the play for everyone else.

method-

Post by method- » Sat May 23, 2015 7:06 am

Thank you Dead Man for your valued opinion. I also think that it should have been made clear to me and if that was the case I would have just left the server and came back at a different time. I'm not intentionally trying to "own", not have fun or make anyone else not have fun. I'm just like everybody else and I want to level my race and enjoy all that Warcraft 3 has to offer. I also like to check my rank because I get to see my stats in comparison to everyone else that plays on the server, I don't think any of that is a crime or deserves the penalties I was given without my knowledge.

DIvech

Post by DIvech » Sat May 23, 2015 8:49 am

Nobody else than method could know for a fact did he see the messages, or not :arrow:
Lets assume for a second he did read them, but decided to ignore them:
Option 1 - comes to cry out abuse and hoping it will work :roll: (He chose that one :oops: )
Option 2 - Asking in kind manner what happened and could it be fixed :idea: (i would choose that, if i have a problem and idk what exactly happened)
Option 3 - Leaving and never coming back :mrgreen: (i seen that, not very popular though)
Option 4 - Player gets banned for his behavior :twisted: (Not only thrashed the place and cried after, but also freaked out = accusing everyone on sight that they deleted his xp :lol:)

The option of coming and saying "i saw the message and i didn't do anything" sounds ludicrous, but was more in the spirit of ur first comments - when you said "how exactly to stop playing that good i just play like that..."

You should be aware of another rule: "Don't let your score frustrate the rest of the players" (spoken rule, but unwritten)
Many ppl got levels taken away/xp deletion just for that, not really "owning" like that :arrow:

Just one question:
How exactly could we, or the only admin on sight warn you that something like this could happen when you don't read the messages :?

Div's tip is "Don't be selfish and let other ppl have fun too, Ranking is not that important..." :ugeek:

P.S. You posted on READ before accusing an admin! , but did you really do that :?: :roll:

P.S.2 This post felt a bit Spammer-ish :mrgreen:
"Now the sky is trembling and the moon is pale
We're on the edge of forever and we're never gonna fail..."
"The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties."

method-

Post by method- » Sat May 23, 2015 9:20 am

Thank you for you input DIvech.

I like all of your options you've so clearly laid out for me but I'm going to go with the truth because I'm an honest, open-minded and willing person. I didn't see any messages and it's sad that Admins are simply allowed to mm1 a message and go through with an XP wipe of a player whether or not they're even aware of any violation. How is this fair?

The fact of the matter is that Krusty had a Microphone he could have warned me via the Microphone to make sure I knew what was going on. I didn't read or reply to any of the messages that were being sent in mm1, I simply wasn't paying attention to what people were typing in-game.

Either way before an admin does anything I think it is important that the violating party is aware what they are doing is in violation of something so that they have the opportunity to correct it. I said it once and I'll say it again if how I was playing was such an issue at that time I would have left and took a break. To top it off the only time I heard I was breaking a rule was after I asked who reset my XP multiple times and Krusty was laughing about it and saying that I was breaking the "owning" rule where there is no statement anywhere on this site about.

I didn't say I was good or anything, all I said is how can you ask someone to stop playing how they play? That didn't make sense to me. And that was way after I left the server in the community chat when you saw me trying to reach out to Sammy about this.

What happened to me was Abuse and nothing else. The least anyone could have done is properly warn me and even the people who were in the server saw nothing about anyone saying my XP would be subject to being wiped from what I understand. So actions were made without a proper warning. Thats what this is about, Admin Abuse, not which route I should take in trying to get my XP back.

I'll play to get it back if I have to but I think that this was completely unfair.
Answer me one question: How would you feel it if you were playing and all of a sudden you notice that someone brought all of your XP down to Zero without your knowledge? Then you notice and ask why? And they say its because you were "owning" too much so your XP was taken away. That you broke the "owning" rule when its not even a listed rule. And it feels like it was made up just to have an excuse to abuse you in-game. Its cut and dry ridiculous. Thank you.

Also just to mention the first action I took was PM'ing Sammy about this issue and I have the timestamps and can take a screenshot to show you if you'd like. I then went into the group chat and saw that Sammy was in there and messaging. He saw my complaint and wasn't handling the issue or responding to my PM so I brought this to the community. I felt ignored and like nobody could see from my perspective how this was unfair. Still haven't gotten a PM back from him.

DIvech

Post by DIvech » Sat May 23, 2015 10:21 am

Let me correct that for you:
The first action was to accuse nam of deleting ur xp, after that me :mrgreen: , then Krusty and after that you went to send PM's etc. :!:
And how long did u wait before you decided to post everywhere - 2, maybe 3 minutes :roll:
Also nobody laughed at you, at least not on the server :arrow:
This is another false accusation :!:
:arrow: The possession of a microphone doesn't make our crystal balls work at this time, waiting for the next update :idea:

On the score better than the admins part, try finding the admins score from that game :arrow:
The Server was almost full at the start :arrow:

If it wasn't for Krusty, i would be the first to have an admin abuse complaint before being an admin :lol:

P.S. I have deep respect for ppl who edit posts while im trying to answer them :evil:
"Now the sky is trembling and the moon is pale
We're on the edge of forever and we're never gonna fail..."
"The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties."

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat May 23, 2015 10:23 am

sorry that u feel need to bash on me about this matter but i did not laugh at u in the server u asked who reset my xp and i told u who did and probaly why it happend nor did i ask for ur xp to be reset yea it sucks that ur xp got reset but thats what happens when people are owning in the server ur are not the only person it has happen to and also admins get there xp reset to for owning only the server owner can do that and its his server so if he feels it needed to happen then thats the way its going to be. life will go on.

method-

Post by method- » Sat May 23, 2015 10:28 am

Not that it matters but I had no clue who deleted my XP or that it was deleted until the next map. I was asking and no one was responding. That's just further proof that I had no clue what was going on or what had happened. At one point Krusty said that it was Sammy but I didn't see anyone in the server and he said he did it from outside the server. Which lead me to believe Krusty had to be involved but he wasn't saying anything about his involvement. I PM'ed Sammy first and saw he was in the group chat and tried to reach out to him there. Nothing. Abuse to me occurred and none of this other nonsense has any relevance to the more important matter at hand. I hope this clears things up for you.

P.S. You didn't answer my question.

As for my score, how am I expected to know of unspoken rules if they're unspoken and that your score rule isn't posted anywhere as well and I was never aware of such rule. If someone can clarify this stuff and post about it that would be appreciated, I can only do my best to follow the rules I'm aware of.

Return to “Admin Abuse/Injustice!”