Admin ability rules?

got a problem? lets hear it!

Honey Badger

Admin ability rules?

Post by Honey Badger » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:31 am

What are the rules for Admins?

Is there a public post that lists what the rules are for admins so that the the general public knows what is or isn't admin abuse?

Thanks!

DIvech

Re: Admin ability rules?

Post by DIvech » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:54 am

There isn't a rule that restricts anyone using as much scrolls as he can, not only admins - u can use scrolls too :roll:
However its good practice to keep respawning to a minimum - just for good sportsmanship :mrgreen:
As far the rules for admins go - they are the admins concern,not ours.
Missed the point to admin abuse btw, unless admins respawn without using scroll :lol:

If im wrong - feel free to correct me :)
"Now the sky is trembling and the moon is pale
We're on the edge of forever and we're never gonna fail..."
"The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties."

AA27 HAWK

Post by AA27 HAWK » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:14 am

Ok, here we go with this. The original posting is located here: http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=53" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-[.40 cal ]- Rules:

Main rules:

Language:
-No swearing
-No trash talking
-No vulgarity
-No sexual references
-No drug references
-No saying "Nub", "beginner" "Newb", etc
-Use "wth" not "wtf" - (we went lighter on this one, is ok as long as the person do not use it in a despective way towards players or admins in the server.)
-Do not add “f” to "omg"
-These rules apply for all languages

Cs Names:
-No swearing
-No drug references
-No vulgar names
-No racism
-No changing name repeatedly
-3 letter minimum

Mic:
-All the language rules apply
-Do not spam the mic when dead or alive
-No ghosting (when dead, telling others where ppl are in the server)
-Do not be disrespectful

Cheating:
-No hacking (Automatic permanent ban)
-No ghosting
-No venting (Automatic ban)
-No lanning

In game:

All:
-Do not spam walls, boxes, doors, or crates
-Do not change your name excessively
-Do not disrespect Admins, or players
-Do not use sprays that are vulgar or have foul language/explicit images
-Do not harass males/females that enter our Servers
-Afks will be kicked after 3 rounds of being afk.
-Do not purchase more than one nade per round.
-Crouch/Silent running / B-hopping is prohibited in 40cal servers.
-No clan stacking/steam stacking.
-Ledging (looking over the walls), Skywalking or any type of map exploiting will not be tolerated in our servers!

Terrorists:
-Do not kill the hosties
-No camping (it is your duty to plant the bomb)

Counter-Terrorists:
-No camping (it is your job to rescue hosties/defuse bomb)

Spectators:
-Will be kicked if the server is getting full

Then Scorpion (TY Bro) Submitted this recommendations to the rules.

-[.40 cal ]- Rules: (Nuances in Green)

Main rules:

Language:
-No swearing (exception: Hell, damn, crap are allowed.)
-No trash talking
-No vulgarity
-No sexual references
-No drug references
-No alcohol references
-Use "wth" not "wtf" ...{EDIT BY SAMMY} - wtf is ok
-Do not add “f” to "omg"
-These rules apply for all languages

CS Names:
-No swearing
-No drug references
-No alcohol references
-No vulgar names
-No sexual names
-No racism

Mic:
-All the language rules apply
-Do not spam the mic when dead or alive
-No ghosting (when dead, telling others where ppl are in the server)
-Do not be disrespectful

Cheating:
-No hacking
-No ghosting (Also: No Steam-Message Ghosting)
-No venting (this includes being in ventrilo while playing in our community)
-No lanning

In game:

All:
-Do not advertise other clans websites or servers
-Do not spam walls, boxes, doors, or crates (Exception: If they have visual on the enemy, they are allowed to spam for up to 3 seconds. amx_say "Do not spam without visual please.")
-Do not change your name excessively
-Do not disrespect Admins, or players
-Do not use sprays that are vulgar or have foul language/explicit images
-Do not harass males/females that enter our Servers
-Afks will be kicked after 3 rounds of being afk.
-Only appropriate Avatars may be used
-Crouch/Silent running is prohibited in 40cal servers (Exception: Crouch-peeking is allowed)
-No clan stacking/team stacking.
-Ledging (looking over the walls), Skywalking or any type of map exploiting will not be tolerated in our servers!

Terrorists:
-Do not kill the hosties
-No camping (it is your duty to plant the bomb)

Counter-Terrorists:
-No camping (it is your job to rescue hosties/defuse bomb)

Spectators:
-Will be kicked if the server is getting full

rip - "By day, he's Hawk. Mild mannered rank bait. Come darkness, he transforms in to Hawk, the dark lord of the ban (and still rank bait.)" :lol:

AA27 HAWK

Post by AA27 HAWK » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:27 am

And Divech, you are on the money! Thanks for the points! See, using a scroll to resurrect or book to resurrect a player is not a restriction. However any exploits that interfere with the continuation of the game or becomes an issue towards any player can be interpreted as abuse (and that counts with the admins) and is frown upon here at .40 cal.

We had several players that were experts doing this practices to the point that they emptied the servers, provoked anger, and created an environment that we do not promote. Sammy as the owner of this server relies on us to monitor and determine this situations and they are discussed by our members. The final decision is made with him and the Consiglieres. Any admin within .40 cal is his/her duty to apply/enforce this rules if anything goes out of the guidelines determined.

Hawk.

rip - "By day, he's Hawk. Mild mannered rank bait. Come darkness, he transforms in to Hawk, the dark lord of the ban (and still rank bait.)" :lol:

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:00 am

The rules you follow apply to admins, there is no special treatment to admins.
No exception to the rules.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

DIvech

Post by DIvech » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:26 am

I read his question more as "How are rules being enforced" ,not what rules are in general.
Maybe he needs to clarify that :idea:
In general i doubt that any of the current admins will abuse respawns as "stated", so without any proof its just "crying" in my pov.

P.S. Editing the question in motion is not cool :mrgreen:
P.S.2 "stated" - because it isnt anymore :lol:

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:50 am

We are all here to have a good time and as long as we are following the rules above it should be fine. For example this morning I came in and scrolled on you a few times, maybe even more than a few, I usually will give a harder time to those who are pwning the server. (Hippydave /Krusty lol) You kept on top all morning and most people left after a few rounds. If you see yourself going 42 and 2 maybe just rejoin as it drives people away. If something like that upsets you never fear letting it be known about what and who you are upset with so we can address it.

If you feel like some rules aren't being enforced or things that are being enforced that should not be, you can post here or pm any of us for guidance.

Thanks again!
GlazeD

Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:14 pm

Thank you all for the quick responses!

Before I explain my question let me please be perfectly clear - I am not complaining or upset about anyone doing anything; All I want to know is what the rules are so that we can all follow them. I enjoy playing with all of you.
DIvech wrote: P.S. Editing the question in motion is not cool :mrgreen:
I edited my original post within a few minutes of posting and before anyone replied. I removed the specifics that prompted my question because I didn't want to come off as complaining about anyone or any behavior in particular because I'm not.
MarioBros wrote:The rules you follow apply to admins, there is no special treatment to admins. No exception to the rules.
Let me clarify what I am asking (because it isn't simply about the rules AA27 posted) -

Certainly, admins must follow the same rules as players; however, in addition to that there are certainly rules that admins must abide by in terms of the use of various admin abilities.
DIvech wrote: ...unless admins respawn without using scroll.
How can I, as a player, know this and thereby report it if that is not okay?

As an example, I have experienced things not possible without the assistance of some admin ability. Non-admin players can't buy back that many times and still have that much Gold. Period.

I can see how you, Glazed, would feel like I might be singling you out from this morning - I am not; that was HILARIOUS. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard after you bought back enough times for me to do over 1000 registered dmg to you. I wish you would have had voice on so you could have heard how hard I was laughing. :lol:

Because that was really just a 1v1. I've seen the same type of behavior (and I'm not saying it came from you, Glazed) during regular games with a lot of people on the server.

But it did raise the question to me of where the line is drawn. I know some admins (I'm not going to name anyone) like to sometimes have fun with admin commands - but how do I know, as a player, that these actions are limited to goofing around and not being utilized in-game to receive a substantial advantage over other players?

The main thing I can think of is Gold. If admins have the ability to give themselves Gold in a heavily resource influenced game it can very unfairly skew the outcome in the favor of an admin player. I have to work hard and play hard to get the gold to roll with the items stacks I use and to have that taken away through the use of an admin ability seems unfair. Now, I haven't been /slay-ed yet, but it's practically the same.

I don't play Warden very much and rarely ever buy back or roll Crypt Lord / Scepter and so forth for this reason in the spirit of good sportsmanship; it would be unfair to other players - especially in smaller games.

Imagine how empty the server would be if I bought back or used potions on a bind while having the ability to give myself gold.

Now, I understand that giving yourself some gold here and there is a benefit of being an admin - but the question I am posing here is where does that, and other admin behaviors, cross the line and become abuse?

This potentially bothers me is because it ends up costing me a lot of gold, and thereby playtime, but is also a really disruptive experience when you're playing and you're in the "zone" (which is why I play).

Bottom line -
DIvech wrote: As far the rules for admins go - they are the admins concern,not ours.
If there is a process for reporting Admin Abuse then there should be clearly posted rules on what behavior is or isn't considered acceptable admin behavior so we, the general player community, know what to report.

To be SUPER clear -

I'm not complaining about anyone or anything.

I just want to know the rules.

Thanks!

Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:27 pm

Again, if this type of behavior is acceptable then that is 100% fine with me.

I just want to know what to expect so I'm not surprised by such things when I play.

Thanks! :)

DIvech

Post by DIvech » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:12 pm

If ur asking about the rules in general after all, Hawk gave a pretty complete answer, still dont get this part: "in addition to that there are certainly rules that admins must abide by in terms of the use of various admin abilities." :arrow:
About the few minutes - i replied :geek: It was still there when i posted, i always check my replies :arrow:
If u feel u need to share anything - Glazed answered to that - u can post here or PM any admin.
Well maybe "Generals" can revive players - not sure actually, never seen one do that :oops: After all - they are dedicated to this server, u really think they will hurt it just to kill a Honey Badger? :roll:
There was specifics, so spit it out - who done it :mrgreen:
However without a proper example - i don't get the picture ure trying to give us.
If u dont want to give one - it has no point, all the info is there to begin with and besides that its only spam, or at least in the wrong section :idea:
And if someone respawns - u dont need to do it too, that way it wont cost u a thing ;)
How to report admin abuse - didnt u read that before posting?
P.S. You deleted the example of the behavior and now it looks like im complaining about something :lol:

Return to “Admin Abuse/Injustice!”