Wrongfully banned

got a problem? lets hear it!

armpower

Wrongfully banned

Post by armpower » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:57 pm

I just read a post earlier by Offline, and seems like what happened to him actually happened to me as well

Wrongfully banned by an admin who is trying to establish himself as a good player and can't deal with better players< this is a joke

Just to give you some background, as my IGN suggests, I have been with AoG for a while now and since we got rid of the Deathmatch server.. I started playing in 40 cal... Really nice server except for this admin who banned me. I am a Demo reviewer in my community.. I banned a lot more people than this admin can even imagine, but I always knew how to distinguish between good players and hackers

If possible unban me please
My in-game name is [AoG] Armenian ^__^

and this is my console info

*** [AoG] Armenian ^__^ killed -[.40 cal ]- Mstgman ***** with a headshot from m4a1 ***
You have been kicked and banned for 60.00 minutes by the server op.
Kicked and banned

kal_el.ca

Re: Wrongfully banned

Post by kal_el.ca » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:39 pm

Not here to call you a liar by any means... but I am sure there is a little more to the story. There usually is. Length of admin powers or number of people banned don't really mean that much. I've know people to be admins for years (and they were horrible admins) that also just banned everybody they remotely thought was hacking. As a demo reviewer, clearly not the case (or at least I would hope)

As someone from a large community on CS, I'm sure you understand chain of command. That admin in question apparently does rub some people the wrong way (though from what I've seen, he does things for a good reason) Now the kicker... everyone who wears the .40cal tag answers to him.

Since you were only banned for 1 hour, I would assume it was for something that you were warned about and not for hacking. In my experience (and I've likely been an admin a lot longer then you) coming into this situation with a respectful attitude is usually the best way to achieve results.

Last but not least, is it really worth the effort for what appears to be a 1 hour ban? Maybe go out side or read a book instead. Just bored and thought I would weigh in

armpower

Post by armpower » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:05 am

I agree with you, it is also disrespectful towards the players to kick them even for 1 hour out of the server if I have not done anything wrong

Well the story if you are curious is this. He joins the game later than me and gets killed a few times and says on the speaker there seems to be a hacker.. A couple rounds after he starts kicking me out of the server... When I joined back the 3rd time I told him on the speaker " really you are going to kick me out ?" and shortly afterwards I killed him through the wall predicting where he escaped...and Ban .. That's the whole story

I am curious, whats your guys' process for catching the hackers... Do you use demos, hallucination or snapshots before actually banning someone ?

I am just not sure what got him mad, he could address that in game.. He did not even stop playing to spec me

From what you are saying is he the head honcho ?

kal_el.ca

Post by kal_el.ca » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:18 am

Well the kicks were probably just because he was pissed. The ban... well you just told me why in your own words. Killing him through wall, PREDICTING where he was. That right there is breaking a rule. Since I was not there, I can't say for sure what exactly happened on both ends. Whatever his reasons might be, that is for him to declare. And for the record, yes he is the head honcho.

My input here is merely a discussion and doesn't reflect any facts or opinions, just trying to help.

DIvech

Post by DIvech » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:56 am

If im not mistaking i recall playing with this topic's author, had skills as much as i remember :)
Sorry to hear about your troubles during your stay at the server, i suggest that next time you get at least an explanation, but for now there is nothing that can be done about this issue.
As an admin im embarrassed how this could happen without any warnings or indications, in game you cant really know you broke a rule when shooting at walls without seeing your enemy. Its every single admin's job to let you know that. Please read the server rules and i hope you will be ok.
I sincerely apologise and i hope we can still have you playing here.
"Now the sky is trembling and the moon is pale
We're on the edge of forever and we're never gonna fail..."
"The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties."

mstgman

Post by mstgman » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:47 pm

armpower wrote:I just read a post earlier by Offline, and seems like what happened to him actually happened to me as well

Wrongfully banned by an admin who is trying to establish himself as a good player and can't deal with better players< this is a joke

Just to give you some background, as my IGN suggests, I have been with AoG for a while now and since we got rid of the Deathmatch server.. I started playing in 40 cal... Really nice server except for this admin who banned me. I am a Demo reviewer in my community.. I banned a lot more people than this admin can even imagine, but I always knew how to distinguish between good players and hackers

If possible unban me please
My in-game name is [AoG] Armenian ^__^

and this is my console info

*** [AoG] Armenian ^__^ killed -[.40 cal ]- Mstgman ***** with a headshot from m4a1 ***
You have been kicked and banned for 60.00 minutes by the server op.
Kicked and banned

Your a good player but I asked you 3 times on mic to stop spamming walls & you ignored my warnings so i gave u a 60 minute ban, if i thought you were hacking I would have made a demo & then posted it

Return to “Admin Abuse/Injustice!”