Wallhacks, What to Look for - Kaz's Guide

this forum is for hack demos only. do not post bans here!

kazualty

Wallhacks, What to Look for - Kaz's Guide

Post by kazualty » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Wallhacks are by far the hardest to distinguish of all the possible hacks.
It's easy to spot someone walling thats new to the game, But a pro will be much more difficult to spot

First thing to know is admin ESP can trick you. I suggest turning most ESP settings to off (asside from the one that shows where people are). The beam of light and gun name/actions are just distractions and make it difficult to see and focus. Someone could seem like they are wallhacking but because of the beam of light its hard to notice a gun or head sticking out barely or whether they have seen them. It can also be very distracting from hearing what's going on. If you are too focused on the walls and the lights, it takes away from your ability to hear. Your brain can only process so much.

Admin Esp Buttons while spectating:
W: ON
S: OFF
R: Settings
(in settings I turn all off except Box)

So what you are looking for of course is whether the person knows where people are located.

Pre-aim is a way you may notice. The alleged hacker will pop around corners already looking at the location people are at. This can be a little tricky. If the people they are looking at are in "regular" spots to stand this may just be where they always aim first. Do they check spots like this around every corner? Or JUST the ones with someone there? Of course they could be pretending around those other corners, this is where you may want to compile multiple instances in your demo before assuming anything.

Tracing is another way you may notice a wallhacker. This is when you see them clearly looking at others through the wall. This is usually someone that is not very good at hiding what they are doing, or don't realize that the admins have ESP in spec mode :P.

Both Tracing and Pre-Aim can happen due to sound.

Sound + Radar
Is probably the most important factor when dealing with a pro.
A true pro at CS WILL be accused of hacking by others in the server.
When you are watching them without sound you would probably assume the same. But you dont want this guy to come back later targeting you because you banned him so be 100% sure! :lol:
Sounds can tell you many things. For example if there is only one person on the other team and you hear an AK clear at B site and you are at A site (on dust2). You know not to check most corners and not to worry about certain directions when heading towards B. This can be mistaken for someone knowing where someone else is. You could also hear a sound you know is in a location that came from a invisible human (only wc3 servers obviously) and run directly own him. For example if I'm at CT spawn and I hear someone in Cat kill my team-ate (that I know is a human due to previous encounter). Then I run up there quickly knowing that hes hiding in a corner somewhere I may look like I'm wall hacking (if you didn't notice me hear them). This can be true with the radar as-well. Even if you don't hear someone you may see your team-ate die, then the dot on the radar will diss-appear. With a trained eye you can tell where they had died and know the relative location of the attacker.
Radar will not show up on demo's
Tracing can also happen when you are camping and trying to hear people going by. I do that alot sitting in a corner I will try to point at the person through the wall to distinguish where they are going. I am probably not pointing directly at them, but close because I hear them equally from both ears. This may also be mistaken for tracing so keep your ears peeled!

Other Things To Look For
There may be other moments to look for to tell you its not a hacker. when they step out and should notice someone and dont. When they throw a grenade where nobody is. Trying to prefire or wall places where noone is. These can all be faked but sometimes can help eliminate a pro from a hacker.
Another thing you may notice a hacker is Pan-Vision. This is where they focus on one spectrum of the map only. They know that noone is behind them and focus only on the areas through the walls that someone is. If they seem pro but never check there back, or always know not to look certain directions this is someone to watch for awhile and maybe start a demo.

It is very important that we are 100% sure they are hacking.
With wall hacking if your not 100% sure its probably just better to be submitted for public review. keep your sound up high and your ears open. Someone who is doing this is not likely going to empty the server because of they're hacking. An immediate need for ban is not usually necessary. Most cases can wait for review (It's not like aim-bot, if no-one bans a person with aimbot the whole server can empty in a matter of minutes).

Hope this helps keep some pro's from being banned and inform some people on what to look for. Thanks to Venom for giving me some points to elaborate on :D

Goodluck with finding them hackers!
Last edited by kazualty on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Return to “Hacker central! (Learn how 2 spot a hacker)”