slicky

Re: Just got banned.

Post by slicky » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:26 am

I'll be waiting for you.
An most amazing 40cal admin yet.

Rockjock

Post by Rockjock » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:47 am

While we are waiting for you to speak to one of the 40 cal 4* admins in IRC, I would like to revisit a point here that I have before, and I am fairly sure that I will again.

Regardless of the outcome of this discussion, I will still stand beside the fact that my decision was based A) On my personal observation and opinion and B) On what I feel is best for the server. No more, no less. My personal feelings do not come into play here; I have been called far worse by many people over the years, and your language was not a factor to this incident. But, to remain very technical, trash talking is against the rules and can be a bannable offense, at the admin's discretion. But realize that when I make an administrative action, it is wholly based on what I feel is best for the server, based on my opinion and 6 years of doing what I feel is best for the servers at large.

Many old time players are familiar with my stance on this subject, but I will revisit it for newer players in these servers.

My opinion is that a person that is disrupting a server to the point where players are leaving the server, should not be in that server. There are many ways a player can CHOOSE to disrupt a server. When we start losing players due to a players disruption, that is no different then a hacker coming in and laying waste to a server, because the results are the same - the server empties.

In many, many cases in the past, we have had ex Cal or league players, that come into the servers seeking easy targets. No more, no less. If you are of league skills, then you do not come to a pub to have a competitive level of play - you come to own people of lesser skill then you.

There are exceptions to every rule. Those exceptions, are league level players, who choose to handicap themselves via weapon selection, so as not to cause this issue to occur. It also serves other purposes; people stop accusing you of hacking; admins don't suspect you of hacking.

if you are a league class player and you choose to come into a server, equip the strongest weapons you can, and wipe out as many players of lesser skill then you that you can, then you are choosing to deal with the consequences of those decisions. Being as disruptive players that cause others to leave the server, are at risk of being banned for the good of the server, then you are also choosing to perhaps deal with that consequence.

I see many posts, where you have filed against hackers, and that is commendable. But by your own admission, you have even been accused of hacking in Cal. Which is a pretty heavy accusation, at that level. You may wish to reconsider either your style of play, or where you choose to play, if you wish the accusations and issues with your style of play to stop.

Pandaem0nium

Post by Pandaem0nium » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:13 pm

I understand and respect all of these rules, and I understand that agaisnt lesser skilled players my ability to do well may cause those players to leave/momentarily quit. Which is why I do handicap myself with pistols or odd guns, I got suspected for hacking at cal, and after a cal admin did a scan I was immediately cleared within the week. So with that said, you now know all about my history, and slicky and I are currently having my computer scan to prove my innocence. I'll be lookin forward to seeing everyone in the server again.

I respect and commend your passion towards ridding the server of hackers, I too feel the same and catch every hacker I find. This is just another occasional happening for me.

slicky

Post by slicky » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:42 pm

unbanned!!!

have fun.
An most amazing 40cal admin yet.

Rockjock

Post by Rockjock » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:46 pm

Excuse me, but you were armed with an AK and were 23-3 when I entered the server. So I have to say that statement, rings a little hollow to me.

Scanning, in my opinion, becomes totally worthless when a person knows they are going to be scanned. There are too many ways to get around that to even mention. So, being as you have been scanned before, you strike me as being intelligent enough to use safeguards in case it would happen again.

Regardless of the outcome, if I see you clearing a server again, I will remove you from that server at least temporarily if that is what has to be done to insure a fair game for all.

If you wish this to stop happening, again, I would suggest either changing your style of play or finding players with similar skill sets to yours.

Rockjock

Post by Rockjock » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:21 pm

Way to handicap, 49-5 in Intermediate with an AK. I'm done.

Pandaem0nium

Post by Pandaem0nium » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:37 pm

I don't know what to say, you're telling me to change my playstyle is kinda of like telling a player to act dumb when he knows a person is coming it's kind of hard to do that, and i was using a famas for about 30 of those kills = / I was just using a para and sgm and i can still do almost just as well. I'm sorry if that's upsetting but I"m not sure what else to do or tell yah, i sit back for half the round waiting for people to get there game in and when I come out its even more unfair cuz people are already half dead. I rush I kill the team, I sit back I'll end up cleaning up the slack. I don't konw man.

I'm in no position to argue with your opinion because that's just simply how you feel. So I hope you can still enjoy playing because that's all I'm doin while I wait for class to start.

kyosho

Post by kyosho » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Rockjock wrote: Scanning, in my opinion, becomes totally worthless when a person knows they are going to be scanned. There are too many ways to get around that to even mention. So, being as you have been scanned before, you strike me as being intelligent enough to use safeguards in case it would happen again..
I have to agree with rock on this one. just because u came up clean don't mean u weren't hacking.
Sorry I know i'm not able to post here, but i also feel this fellow hacks.

intelskrub

Post by intelskrub » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:46 pm

hes unbanned and said it was legit leave it be...wat is the purpose of continuing when the issue was taken care of ? also reloadsyndrome plays the same way sometimes so leave it be

-[.40 cal ]- Venom ****: when someone pms me on steam
it sounds like one of those farts you pinch and try to hold but let go anyway
-[.40 cal ]- Venom ****: burrrrmp

Return to “Sammy's banland!”