3rd time being banned.

if you were banned and want a reason?

M1nD

Re: 3rd time being banned.

Post by M1nD » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:39 pm

I have to admit I do get carried away a little bit when im on a streak.. but I'll do my best to keep in mind the best interest for the players. I would also like to possibly speak to you about possibly taking the next steps in this community to become an admin as I was one for CEVO/CAL back in the day. Maybe I could bring something to the table or reinforce whats already existing. I appreciate your consideration and for lifting the ban. Thanks :)

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:16 pm

For admin applications please go here: http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You will find all the info about how to apply there.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Fudd!

Post by Fudd! » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:31 am

I don't think I have played with you Mind, as I don't play much 1.6 anymore but it seems like you're the type of guy who comes in guns blazing trying to do the best you possibly can every time you play.

I was once the same type of player but you quickly start to realize this is a server where fun is the number 1 priority. Not winning. Ill admit it took me awhile to get use to this as I am a very competitive person and I like to do well at everything I do... but when I was constantly keeping over a 10+ k:d ratio and make it so whatever team I was on won I realized I was ruining it for the other 15+ people in the server (including my teammates who didn't get a chance to join in on the killing spree) and I was asked to tone it down.

My solution .. since I struggle to not "try" at things .. I use a scout and pistol only (no DE.. just a mini AWP in 1.6). I can still do well with that combo but I have to try harder with it than other rifles so I still get a challenge out of it.. but its not the same as ripping through a team with an AK or M4 .. if I start getting over a 4-5 k:d with the scout I switch to TMP/Mac10 .. then just pistol only and so on.

There are a bunch of above average players in the server and if they are on at the same time as you go nuts and try your heart out .. but just be aware of which players are in the same "league" as you if you will.

I know you don't know me .. so take the advice as you will, just trying to help out and keep you out of banland.

M1nD

Post by M1nD » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:38 pm

Thanks Fudd I appreciate the advice.. I completely agree. I've been using scout/deagle or just usp recently and its even more fun in some cases. But it's difficult sometimes when there's good people in there and some trying to learn still.. because I can't tell who is who before I see them. I'm just gonna try my best to follow the guidelines sammy and you said so that I can still play here with everyone. Thanks to all who share or have shared here in effort to help keep me a member of this community, Thank you.

kal_el.ca

Post by kal_el.ca » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:31 pm

I appologize for being off topic here, but Fudd, if that was you not trying, then I think I might go cry in a corner somewhere. lol you owned me almost every time. There may have been the odd time when my former playing abilities came out, but very few.

Going on topic here, I agree with the way sammy is going about this. Not that my 2 cents really matter, but my opinion remains that same. It's been years, but I have banned a player for reasons very similar to this (short bans ranging from 1 hour to 1 week) I understand wanting to be good at what you're doing and not wanting to suck, but if you want to compete, there are other servers for that. Constantly besting players with less abilities just takes the fun away sometimes.

Return to “Sammy's banland!”