Talking too much?

all topics cs and non cs related!

J_Z32

Talking too much?

Post by J_Z32 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a general question for all the admins. What do you guys consider talking too much / spamming the mic? I was making a comment today about how billmurray had been banned for, allegedly, singing during a round and spanning the mike (haha). One player was saying that I talked to much, I suggested that he mute me if he didn't want to hear me talking. I was told by an admin that I was wrong and that my talking was ban worthy as well.

I know different people have different ideas of what a "fun" game is. Personally I love to be able to come on and socialize with everyone and make silly jokes. To me that is as much fun as playing the game. I also understand that others may like a more quiet match where they can focus. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on it as I want to be able to be myself, but I also don't want to upset anyone.

Thanks!

MarioBros

Re: Talking too much?

Post by MarioBros » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:38 pm

You were making fun of the way Knives banned the other guy, and I replied, I would ban you too, assuming you were doing the same.

I dont really have a thing against ppl talking on the mic, but it can get a little too much and annoying...but I never say anything bc thats how some of you guys have fun.

As the rule goes, I'd like to think players would keep quiet when they get killed, so the remaining players can hear and focus on the game. Not that that happens, but I like to think it does.

So, to answer your question, if I keep hearing you talking/singing or any other kind of noise making after you get killed, round after round, I will warn and/or kick you. You dont have to be dead silent, but keep in mind the other players who dont talk a lot.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

J_Z32

Post by J_Z32 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:36 pm

Thanks for the response. :) I thought it was funny because I play frequently with billmurray and we do talk a lot. I misunderstood your comment in game. I took it as: at that point in time what I was doing was ban worthy. I was taken aback by it because I didn't realize what I was doing was upsetting or distracting you. I would definitely appreciate it if you (admins and players) would voice your opinion to let me (others) know how you're feeling e.g. give a warning. I think one factor in people talking after they are dead is that on many other servers there are systems in place that limit the audience for teams and alive/dead players. I will do my best to be conscious of the quieter players. If I am bothering you please tell me so that I can make adjustments to make sure that everyone is having a good time! :) Anyone else want to chime in?

namnoc

Post by namnoc » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:12 am

There are some times when the talking can be annoying. Most of the time, though, I like hearing people talk in the server. I think it creates a more fun atmosphere. I've never had a problem with you, specifically, talking too much. I like the fact that you greet people when they enter the server. That is the family atmosphere we want to maintain.
Never confuse the facts with truth.
Fact = You shot me in the head.
Truth = I'm still better than you.

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:00 am

The more mic participation the better but no music and shh when dead. That's all
GlazeD

Suicidal

Post by Suicidal » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:08 pm

I have to agree with Namnoc on his point about it creating a family atmosphere which is probably my favourite aspect of the .40cal community. Not that those were the exact words used but close enough.
namnoc wrote:There are some times when the talking can be annoying. Most of the time, though, I like hearing people talk in the server. I think it creates a more fun atmosphere. I've never had a problem with you, specifically, talking too much. I like the fact that you greet people when they enter the server. That is the family atmosphere we want to maintain.
And the greeting people when they join the server enforces this. Glad I spotted this post and was able to educate myself on the mic spamming issue. Can't wait to get back in the servers and play. Holidaying in rural QLD sucks, crappy net connection so HPK would be all over me :(

Laterz all, Have FUN !!
Suicidal flat out like a lizard eating cerealImage

dougiefresh

Post by dougiefresh » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:27 pm

I agree with Mario id like to think that when ppl are dead they are silent letting others hear and communicate for the win. I for one don't talk much ill type if your trying to talk about just random stuff maybe switch to typing your stuffs out? instead of mic spamming? for me atleast if its not about the game im not gonna get on the mic if I want to ask how everyone is doing I do that typing.. so others can hear ppl talking

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:47 pm

tbh I know y'all get sick of hearing me, as soon as I get that headset on I cant shut up lol but always try to be courteous once I get pwned.
GlazeD

kal_el.ca

Post by kal_el.ca » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:13 pm

So is this something we can enforce? People talking way too much when they're dead? I've been playing quite a bit lately and have run into the issue of not being able to hear because dead people were talking without purpose about stuff that wasn't even CS related.

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:00 am

Yes there is a tsay in the commandmenu that indicates no mic spam and references while dead. You can also warn in regular chat or with amx_say in console. Lastly if you simply run a vote kick people usually stop but you can also run a vote ban (and just decline) to get their attention.

Ban kal_el.ca?

Yes
No

Where it doesn't specify the time frame it usually works fast lol
GlazeD

Return to “Questions for 40cal?”