History of .40cal

all topics cs and non cs related!

kal_el.ca

History of .40cal

Post by kal_el.ca » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:16 pm

I know it may seem strange, but I was just a little curious about the history behind the clan and servers. When did it start? who started it? When did you introduce mods?

I know that .40cal has been going for at the very least, 6-7 years (likely more, I know) and that there isn't exactly a great chance that someone here now, has been here from the beginning. But I just figured I would toss this question out there, as I'm sure there are at least a few people intrested in this knowledge :)

Venom
Site Admin

Re: History of .40cal

Post by Venom » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:29 am

In a nut shell :

Sammy and one or two others started the online gaming community just after 2000-2001 or so

Sammy brought 40 cal main stream

Hosted servers and clans from the best gaming server hosts he could find thru the years

Through the years ... added and changed gaming mods to satisfy the needs of our regs and admins

40 cal has always had a loyalty to the players who join our servers

I've been here for over a decade ... I remember joining when I was with a certain ex :? so probably closer to 12-13 years

This was our new forum built in 2008 ... we had another one prior to the revamp of this one... but yes, we have been around a lot longer

My first encounter personally with sammy I remember like it was yesterday ...my application was pending ... I was in our Intermediate server having a good time ... sammy joins the server and tells me to go to our scrim server ... he told me I was accepted ... and what he expected from me and everyone as an admin ... what I remember the most was I couldn't sit still while he was talking to me ( yes he used the mic) I was running around him, kinfing his legs ... :lol:
-[.40 cal ]- tomwzhere ***: lol imma be webcamming with charlie so he will see if i put it right
Ven: sounds sexual :roll:

tomwzhere

Post by tomwzhere » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:07 pm

Venom wrote:My first encounter personally with sammy I remember like it was yesterday ...my application was pending ... I was in our Intermediate server having a good time ... sammy joins the server and tells me to go to our scrim server ... he told me I was accepted ... and what he expected from me and everyone as an admin ... what I remember the most was I couldn't sit still while he was talking to me ( yes he used the mic) I was running around him, kinfing his legs ... :lol:
The good times when sammy would bring people to the scrim server and talk to them. :lol:

J_Z32

Post by J_Z32 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:01 am

Definitely a great question. It's always interesting to hear the origin of these projects. I never would have guessed that .40cal had been around that long. It's definitely one of my favorite hosts and the community is one of the best I've seen. Thanks for your dedication Sammy!

Return to “Questions for 40cal?”