Voice Server?

all topics cs and non cs related!

Junior[MX]

Voice Server?

Post by Junior[MX] » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:30 pm

Just wondering if you all have a teamspeak, ventrilo, mum, or use someone elses voice server? I didn't know if you all did or not, but if you dont have one, do you want one set up? I can get one set up for some place to just chill and talk even when you are not playing.

Not the Face!

Re: Voice Server?

Post by Not the Face! » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:43 pm

Teamspeak/skype/other chat places aren't allowed. That is one of the easiest ways to ghost.. we all know ghosting isn't allowed. I don't think we have anything set up. Maybe some of the "scrim" guys would have more to say on this topic.... I however, am not one of them.

NTF

namnoc

Post by namnoc » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:44 pm

Having a voice forum to just kinda hang out in when not in game might be cool for some. In game such devices are forbidden as they create too great an opportunity for cheating/ghosting. That is one of the reasons teamchat is disabled on our servers.

Aahhh....NTF beat me to it. 8-)
Never confuse the facts with truth.
Fact = You shot me in the head.
Truth = I'm still better than you.

tomwzhere

Post by tomwzhere » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:23 pm

We used to have an IRC but we have since abandoned it a few years ago.

Junior[MX]

Post by Junior[MX] » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:53 am

well, the channels would need to have rules -- no talking about in-game situations. Talking only about things non-related to live game play. In addition, I see that there is always someone on the forums thats part of the staff/team - so placing an administrator in the channels would eliminate ghosting. Any ghosting in the voice servers would result in a permanent ban from the forums, servers, and voice channels.

This is how I have done it in the past with other communities. If everyone here already thinks (after reading this) does not want to bother with it then thats fine. Simply a suggestion and understand the reasoning if we cant get an admin in the voice servers.

Return to “Questions for 40cal?”