Catalyst's Application

Post by Catalyst » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:15 pm

Personal Information!
Name: Jeremy
Cs Game Name: o|o Catalyst [OG]
Steamid: STEAM_0:1:1241809
Hobbies: Skateboarding, airsofting...basketball sometimes
Job: Full time student ;)
Comments: (lolcopypasta from old thread) I am definitely sure I can do something for 40cal. I'm not looking into becoming a mod for giggles and power but to improve the quality of the server. If so I am to become a mod my goal is to help and support fellow players and mods when the time is right. I am not a member who will quickly fade away. Although I am a very new member, I consider 40cal as my new home away from home when I want to kick back and game :D. I am constantly spending time in here, averaging around 15 hours a week into this server. I'm 15, although I've been told to be much more mature than my age. I like to think I have a fun side though, which is usually how I am in the servers.

I can't say I'm perfect though, there has been one instance where I have questioned an admin's judgement (sorry goth T_T) and I've broken two rules once. (one for swearing, although it was filtered out, and one for spamming DD). If I do become an admin I'd like to put that behind me and 40cal and start anew as a better player and person. That's pretty much it, big shoutout to 40cal for having the best line of servers in 1.6! ^_^

How long ago have you played in .40 cal Servers?: About a month
Why are you interested .40 cal?: It's a fun, social server that I enjoy and I have become friends with many members.
How did you hear of us?: Browsing server list when I came back to CS
What makes .40 cal different from other clans?: It's more legit than a lot of other clans I've known...the addition of rules such as no skywalking and no spamming walls/crates (although that's a die hard habit for me T_T) are a breath of fresh air
Are you in any other clan now:? o|o, fun clan made with some players in the warcraft server and [OG] a now dead server that has moved on to CS: Source. I keep the tag on for memories and what not.
Will you be a dedicated member?: Of coz.
have you been a member/reg before?: Been a reg for about a month now.
Do you have a working mic?: Sure thang.

final membership qualification! (answer yes or no to ALL FOUR questions below)
1. I understand there is a $10.00 pledge per month?: (paypal only) I can get that to happen.
2. I understand i can be terminated for abusing my admin and/or server rules?: Yes.
3. I understand i may be asked to admin a specific 40cal server on demand? (when needed) Yes.
4. I understand i must have my (own STEAM ID) which will not be shared with anyone! Yep.
Last edited by Catalyst on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venom
Site Admin

Re: Catalyst's Application

Post by Venom » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:22 pm

Play Post Enforce and Have fun!
Please stay active and positive.
Please stay Patient. The app process could take some time. A 4* will notify you if you are accepted or denied.

Say hi to us in the servers. Get to know the admins and regs.

Good Luck!!
-[.40 cal ]- tomwzhere ***: lol imma be webcamming with charlie so he will see if i put it right
Ven: sounds sexual :roll:

Near

Post by Near » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:22 pm

Super vouch for this guy. He is a high quality regular, who gets along with EVERYONE in the Warcraft3 Sever. He has a great personality and I always look forward to playing with him. Whenever he leaves, I leave soon after because he brings the fun. He follows the rules and is very polite. People on the server all know him, and he's always willing to play the game fairly, whether it's unstacking a team, or rushing when there needs to be a change in tactics.

You'd strike oil if you went with this guy.

Catalyst

Post by Catalyst » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:24 pm

Haha, thanks for the support Near, I really appreciate it.

Did you like how I snuck in a mention of the fellow men's club? :P

o|o 4EVERrrr

SaitoHajime101

Post by SaitoHajime101 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:34 pm

good luck Catalyst, I think you got a good chance man :) just help enforce the rules in the server and get to know the fellow admins around 40cal along with the regs and I'm sure they'll consider you :D

SaitoHajime #!nstinct /// Tweekz #!nstinct

Mrs.Jacki

Post by Mrs.Jacki » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:43 pm

I think this is a great opportunity to ask potential members some important questions. Please answer truthfully as it will give us the best idea of who you are and your personality for those who may not have had a chance to get to know you.

1. If you were to get accepted in to the clan, and at any time (at any rank) you had a problem with a specific admin, or with something going on in the clan - how would you handle your concerns?

2. You mentioned you're 15, we are definitely looking for maturity in our members - do you feel that you are more mature than the average 15 year old? Why or why not? Give some examples.

3. If you are accepted to -[.40 cal ]- how long do you plan to stay? What could potentially change your mind about being a member and cause you to leave?

4. Do you want to join -[.40 cal ]- just for the admin/mod possibilities? How would you react if you felt that you were working hard for a promotion and when the time came you were not given that promotion?

I look forward to your answers, and good luck!
Sig by Venom
♥Jacki's Wishlist♥
http://wishlist.com/JackiBeezie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Catalyst

Post by Catalyst » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:11 pm

Thanks Saito, it really means a lot to me that an admin is supporting me as well.

To Mrs.Jacki:

1. I would confront the admin/problem that I disagreed with and show them my side of the argument, and work out an agreement with the admin/rest of the clan.

2. I would like to say I am much more mature than other 15 year olds. I've been part of a maplestory fansite forum for over a year (kind of dorky, I know DX). They have surrounded me with intellect and insight into subjects that I once found amusing. Such as sexuality and race. Now I find jokes once made about these subjects offensive rather than comical, and if one of my friends say something of this sort, I'll tell them to stop. The website is www.mapletip.com, if you guys are curious and/or want a friendly site to go to.

3. I plan to stay as long as I can. The only thing stopping me is school and the occasional vacation. Of course, I will be putting family, friends, and school first, but if and whenever I have spare time I'll be gaming in 40cal servers ;)

Not much can change my mind. Perhaps if the servers went downhill in attitude and maturity. Or if it closed entirely. I play on staying for awhile, like I previously stated :D

4. Partially, I am joining so I can be more interactive with the 40cal servers and the community. This application is in no way powered by hunger for power. If I was not given a promotion, I would be satisfied to know you bunch looked over my app closely and decided I was not the perfect match. I would be happy that there was a better applicant that fit your needs, albeit of course a tad disappointed that I couldn't have done better and gotten the part.

Thanks for readin',

Jeremy
Last edited by Catalyst on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mrs.Jacki

Post by Mrs.Jacki » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:25 pm

Thanks for answering so quickly! I put quite a few questions, so awesome for jumping right on that!

Can't wait to play with you more, if those answers are truthful then you definitely have thumbs up!
Sig by Venom
♥Jacki's Wishlist♥
http://wishlist.com/JackiBeezie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Belcross

Post by Belcross » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:29 pm

Good luck :D

Catalyst

Post by Catalyst » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:06 pm

Thanks you two, even though it's getting sorta repetitive it -does- mean a lot that I'm getting support from so many people. I'll see you in game Mrs.Jacki :D

Return to “Joining 40cal!”