Applicant with the I can help you attitude going in.

for new apps! join our community!

tr3v360

Re: Applicant with the I can help you attitude going in.

Post by tr3v360 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:55 am

Good luck and welcome

Rivelli

Post by Rivelli » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Thank you.

Rivelli

Post by Rivelli » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:03 pm

I'm going to say this up front. If this clan doesn't like polite debate nor innovative suggestions and would rather censor ideas, then decline my app, lock it, and be done with it.

I thought that was very rude of Venom to simply reiterate the 'it's the way we do it point' _and_ lock the thread. Why not just stop posting in it? What if someone else wanted to reply? He essentially stopped thinking on a real problem by locking the thread. I don't mind that he doesn't want to debate. I mind that he locked the forum. I wasn't planning on responding unless someone else was going to respond, but locking it I have a problem with. If the topic wen't cold on its own, fine. I realize Venom is about as highly ranked as you can get, but isn't it possible that someone might want to pursue the idea? Maybe MeRcyKiLler would have wanted to respond to me. Maybe someone new...

Mercykiller, rather than viewing my uploaded demo, which is the way it should apparently go, he himself agreed, essentially became a 'yes man'. I can't know his true motivation, but his post had no substance other than putting words in my mouth.

I've looked at quite a few applications. Many simply want to get rid of the hackers quickly. The servers quickly empty unless there is a ranked admin around. I saw a real problem, proposed a solution, got a 'its worked for ten years' answer, the 'it's the way we do things' answer, and had the topic locked. Perhaps it works so well for the higher ups for 10 years because they don't have to deal with the frustration of a blatant hacker, have the server get emptied, and wait for the admins to arrive.

Why lock the topic? I don't understand that. I wasn't spamming; I wasn't rude; I wasn't hell bent to do it my way. I just thought some nice discussion could happen. The fact that it didn't makes me think I might not be right for this clan.

Not the Face!

Post by Not the Face! » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:25 pm

So I don't know what thread was locked or any of that. But when it comes to catching hackers. We all start as a 1star and work our way up the ranks. You don't have to be an admin to catch hackers. Just join spectator and make a demo and post in the thread with the proper format and us Captains+ will get to them. Like the imGod thread, DiEon had posted the demo, I had reviewed and banned. If you had called it from the beginning, why didn't YOU make and post a demo? The topic isn't locked so if that player wants to dispute his ban, he can. There wasn't a need for you to post saying that you had called it. Believe it or not, the ESP during spectator is something new. I've been around for a long time, playing for years. I remember catching them the old fashioned way. But remember...

It is the way we do things. Been this way for years. I don't know what it is even about, but it is what it is.

So, with that.. Best of luck on your application.

>.> NTF <.<

Rivelli

Post by Rivelli » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Topic that was locked (would you please read through it and give me your opinion as to whether I was in the wrong?):

http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 38&t=17481" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic where I posted a demo this morning:

http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 41&t=17491" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Venom
Site Admin

Post by Venom » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:29 pm

1- I politely replied to your post a few times and stated how we do things here ...
- but you have this need to keep persisting which if you were an admin... would be annoying
2- You aren't even a member, you have no idea how we do things here
-but you act like you know exactly how things SHOULD BE done ... that is annoying ....
3 - I said you were beating a dead horse on the topic
-but you just had to keep pushing and try to bump heads with me .....
- arguing with someone with the longest tenure here doesn't help you as a regular or an admin.

you weren't in the wrong, but I stated politely and as you said .. reiterated ( a few times ) ... it's how we do things here.. and the drawbacks of using HLTV

You are open to suggestions, but if the answer you hear doesn't suit you and you need to keep pressing the subject .. Then YES you are not a good fit here ... or anywhere in real life for that matter ...

We are not looking for a short cuts or easy routes as you may think ... for our admins ... their hard work shows through what we ask of them ... and if sitting in spec to record a demo is what it takes ... it's what they will do

it's too much work for you to sit in spec and record anyway as you stated ...

so thank you ...
locked and DENIED as requested
-[.40 cal ]- tomwzhere ***: lol imma be webcamming with charlie so he will see if i put it right
Ven: sounds sexual :roll:

Return to “Joining 40cal!”