The Wackness Application

Post by Belcross » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:30 pm

Personal Information!

Name: Nick
Cs Game Name: The Wackness
Steamid: 0:0:11905147
Hobbies: Basketball, Guitar, Writing

Job: Student

Comments: Whether I make the clan or not I will continue to play on the server. The community keeps my attention and most of the players who frequent the servers( especially the beginners servers) are quality players that make the game fun.
A little about myself: I attend college at UCSC and am a literature major with a minor in legal studies. I'm in my last year and can't wait to graduate. Along with cs, I'm addicted to playing basketball and play in a couple leagues in my area. I also play guitar frequently and enjoy post modern literature, especially work by Henry Rollins and Charles Bukowski. My cs name derives from a stellar indie movie, as well as my lack of skill.....Thanks to Sammy and the rest of the clan for your consideration.

Joining Information!

How long ago have you played in .40 cal Servers?: On and Off for about 2 years

Why are you interested .40 cal?: I'm interested in joining .40 cal because of what .40 cal stands for, which in my perception is the goal to create a comfortable and welcoming gaming environment for all different kinds of people with a whole array of different skill levels. In .40 cal I see players developing their skill as well as making friends with whom they play and chat with, while simultaneously maintaining a common respect for each other and with players who are new or who they are unfamiliar with. My purpose in joining .40 cal would be to maintain the rules and regs. that allow for the tranquility, pleasure, and respect that comes along with playing in the .40 cal server.

How did you hear of us?: I was randomly searching for servers 2 years ago

What makes .40 cal different from other clans?: Of course .40 cal emphasizes character, rather than skill, which is completely unique in the world of gaming. The admins are also friendlier than other clans and don't boast heavily about their skill. Above all, the essential elements to preserving the quality of the game are maintained by all the admins in the clan consistently.

Are you in any other clan now:? No.

Will you be a dedicated member?: Of course.

have you been a member/reg before?: I have not been a member, but I am a regular on the Beginner, Death Match, and occasionally the intermediate server.

Do you have a working mic?: Yes, I do.

final membership qualification! (answer yes or no)
I understand there is a $10.00 pledge per month?: Yes
I understand i can be terminated for abusing my admin and/or server rules?: Yes
i understand i may be asked to admin a specific 40cal server on demand? (when needed) Yes
i understand i must have my (own steamid) which will not be shared with anyone! Yes

Rotor7

Re: The Wackness Application

Post by Rotor7 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:37 am

Good luck on the application

sit tight
Sammy or a 4* will notify you.

remember to Play/Post/Enforce
and have fun!

I've seen you in the servers. just try not to be afk a lot.
Rotor7

Dean

Post by Dean » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:45 pm

Good luck Wackness.

Play play play
Post on forums
Connect with admins/regulars
Enforce 40cal rules
-[.40 cal ]- Dean ****

Venom's awesome skills! <3 Venom

Mrs.Jacki

Post by Mrs.Jacki » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:07 pm

I think this is a great opportunity to ask potential members some important questions. Please answer truthfully as it will give us the best idea of who you are and your personality for those who may not have had a chance to get to know you.

1. If you were to get accepted in to the clan, and at any time (at any rank) you had a problem with a specific admin, or with something going on in the clan - how would you handle your concerns?

2. Age != Maturity. Do you feel that you are mature? What sets you apart from the rest of your peers?

3. How long are you willing to wait to join the clan before you ask to have your application locked? If you are accepted to -[.40 cal ]- how long do you plan to stay? What could potentially change your mind about being a member and cause you to leave?

4. Do you want to join -[.40 cal ]- just for the admin/mod possibilities? How would you react if you felt that you were working hard for a promotion and when the time came you were not given that promotion?

I look forward to your answers, and good luck!
Sig by Venom
♥Jacki's Wishlist♥
http://wishlist.com/JackiBeezie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Belcross

Post by Belcross » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:30 pm

Good luck on your app. 8-)

Hero

Post by Hero » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:01 pm

Best of Luck Nick

TheWackness

Post by TheWackness » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:11 pm

Mrs.Jacki wrote:
I think this is a great opportunity to ask potential members some important questions. Please answer truthfully as it will give us the best idea of who you are and your personality for those who may not have had a chance to get to know you.

1. If you were to get accepted in to the clan, and at any time (at any rank) you had a problem with a specific admin, or with something going on in the clan - how would you handle your concerns?

2. Age != Maturity. Do you feel that you are mature? What sets you apart from the rest of your peers?

3. How long are you willing to wait to join the clan before you ask to have your application locked? If you are accepted to -[.40 cal ]- how long do you plan to stay? What could potentially change your mind about being a member and cause you to leave?

4. Do you want to join -[.40 cal ]- just for the admin/mod possibilities? How would you react if you felt that you were working hard for a promotion and when the time came you were not given that promotion?

I look forward to your answers, and good luck!
Thanks for the great questions, Jacki.

1. If, hypothetically speaking, I had an issue with an admin I would initially act in a professional fashion. While I hope I would become close friends with every admin, I think the primary goal is to act calmly and go about the job of admin in an effective way. I would first talk with the admin in question one-on-one and see if there could be an immediate resolution to the issue. If this could not be done, I would probably go to Sammy or one of the other higher ranking members so they could act as a third party arbiter who could help resolve the conflict. In any case, I would try with the utmost regard to conduct myself in a non-threatening, peaceful, conflict resolving manner.

2. I do believe with age comes a unique level of maturity. However, on the same note, I think people can still act childish regardless of age. I think the primary factor in maturity often times is experience. In this light, I think I still have a lot to grow from and experience from, but I have encountered many things throughout my life that has molded me into what I believe is a significantly mature person. Right now I am in a four year university working towards going to law school and am very committed to doing well academically. I am very interested in politics, how societies function, the theory of games/development of success within team sports, I come from a low-income urban setting where often times I've had to fend for myself, and I could go on and on. The most important factor that sets me apart from my peers in relation to 40 cal is my earnest attempts at helping the success of group projects. That means following and respecting rules, helping new players adjust to the rules as well as become better players, and doing what I can to further the mission of the clan and servers. Now some may interpret this as "kiss-ass" or "conformity", however it's quite the opposite. Its easy to conform to the anarchy in sports and games of poking fun at races, ridiculing those who don't play well, and destroying the competitive cooperative atmosphere. Its an altogether revolutionary thing to act in a way that supports the group and works towards the success of not just oneself but those who participate in every level and front. I believe this idea sets me apart from most, though many on the servers share the same qualities.

3. I can give no definitive answer to how long I will wait. The truth is I will wait as long as continue to play the servers( and considering these servers occupy the bulk of my playing time it will probably be a while) and if the day never comes to where you decide that you'd like me to join, then so be it. I enjoy playing the servers none the less. If I were to join, I would plan to stay as long as I could. I started playing counter-strike four years ago and, with a small gap of absence, continue to play till now, so probably a good amount of time. The only thing that may discourage me from continuing to join would be if it were expressed to me through the clan that I was longer wanted, if somehow I didn't have the technological means to play, or if the I couldn't afford the ten dollar dues involved.

4. I'm not sure what you mean by admin/mod possibilities. Of course I would enjoy being an admin and enforcing the code of the servers as well as getting to know the players/clan members. My aim is not really promotion. If you hypothetically thought my work on the servers was worthy of some sort of promotion, I'd feel flattered and gladly accept. But mainly my joy comes from playing the servers, and, hypothetically, would come from simply being a member of the clan.

I hope my answers were clear and concise, and I apologize if any answers were too dense. These were great questions and I appreciate the opportunity to further elaborate on issues relevant to my application.

see you in the servers!!! ( :

Rotor7

Post by Rotor7 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:26 pm

Bump for the wackness!

good guy helps me find the spammers :D
Rotor7

hamb0ne

Post by hamb0ne » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:51 pm

i never see him ingame or on the forum. :./

Rotor7