Post by Sli » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:08 am

Name: Josh
Cs Game Name: Sli
Steamid: STEAM 0_0:0:4549156 0 0023 44
Hobbies: Cs, girlfriend running, gym.
Job: Military

Joining Information!
How long ago have you played in .40 cal Servers?: 7 Months
Why are you interested .40 cal?: A lot of good regular players that come here and like to play.
How did you hear of us?: Found server on a WEST search.
What makes .40 cal different from other clans?: The servers are well maintained, and makes a good environment to play with. All the members are there to have fun.
Are you in any other clan now:? No
Will you be a dedicated member?: Always, dedication is always needed when applying yourself.
have you been a member/reg before?: Reg yes.
Do you have a working mic?: Yes.

final membership qualification! (answer yes or no to ALL FOUR questions below)
1. I understand there is a $10.00 pledge per month?: (paypal only) Yes.
2. I understand i can be terminated for abusing my admin and/or server rules?: Yes.
3. I understand i may be asked to admin a specific 40cal server on demand? (when needed) Yes.
4. I understand i must have my (own STEAM ID) which will not be shared with anyone!: Yes.

Mrs.Jacki

Re: Sli's Application

Post by Mrs.Jacki » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:54 am

Thank you for applying!

The application process can take quite a bit of work. We are looking for dedication (go back and read the dedication thread), help as much as possible by setting a good example in the servers (grab an admin, keep people on their toes by reminding them it's a clean server, and reminding them of rules when you can).

Seek out as many admin as you can, add them to steam, get to know them, say hi in game. The more we know you, the better chance you'll have of making it!

Also, the most forgotten part of the process - POST and stay ACTIVE on the forums! It's equally as important as playing in the servers!

Be patient! We don't always accept applicants on the first go-around, but the best things are worth waiting for - and we definitely are worth the wait.

And the most important thing of all - HAVE FUN with the process and in the servers!

Remember: PLAY - POST- ENFORCE- HAVE FUN and you'll do great!

If you are accepted you will be notified by a 4* or by Sammy himself.

Good luck, I'll be following up with some additional questions.
Sig by Venom
♥Jacki's Wishlist♥
http://wishlist.com/JackiBeezie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mrs.Jacki

Post by Mrs.Jacki » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:55 am

I think this is a great opportunity to ask potential members some important questions. Please answer truthfully as it will give us the best idea of who you are and your personality for those who may not have had a chance to get to know you. Even if it's something that you may not consider very positive, if we know it before we induct you, it won't be looked poorly on if we find out after you're inducted, so again, be brutally honest.

1. If you were to get accepted in to the clan, and at any time (at any rank) you had a problem with a specific admin, or with something going on in the clan - how would you handle your concerns?

2. We require dedication and maturity. How long would you be willing to wait for the admin to decide if you should be accepted or not?

3. You say you're 23, maturity is HUGELY important, and some young adults don't usually hold the necessary maturity that we're looking for. We know that age doesn't necessarily correlate to maturity, so what makes you different and more mature than your peers? In other words - why do you stand out from the rest?

4. If you are accepted to -[.40 cal ]- how long do you plan to stay? What could potentially change your mind about being a member and cause you to leave? For example, if a friend created their own clan, would you leave and join that clan? Another example, if you don't get along with one member of the clan, would you leave? (Answer first two questions, please)

5. Do you want to join -[.40 cal ]- just for the admin/mod possibilities? How would you react if you felt that you were working hard for a promotion and when the time came you were not given that promotion? (Answer both, please)

6. Being an admin is not always easy, and most definitely not always fun work. You're not always everyone's favorite person, and at times you'll be met with quite a bit of animosity and resistance when you have to enforce rules, even from your friends. It also can cause your scores and ranks to go down from having to pause to complete a ban, warn someone, etc, and you won't always be able to just play carefree like you used to, when you're in the servers, there's no "on" or "off" the clock, and often times regs will pull you into a server if you're on steam and not playing. Are you prepared for all of this? Why do you think so? How do you plan to cope with some of the stressors that come along with being an admin?

I look forward to your answers, and good luck!
Sig by Venom
♥Jacki's Wishlist♥
http://wishlist.com/JackiBeezie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

puppet

Post by puppet » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:59 am

played with you the other day good luck :mrgreen:

^Nsg.Loaded;

Post by ^Nsg.Loaded; » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:05 am

sli's always a regular. play post enforce be sure to say hi everyone. be patient. time will soon tell ;) ;) :D

intelskrub

Post by intelskrub » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:19 am

finally applied sli :D good to see that..good luck son

-[.40 cal ]- Venom ****: when someone pms me on steam
it sounds like one of those farts you pinch and try to hold but let go anyway
-[.40 cal ]- Venom ****: burrrrmp

hamb0ne

Post by hamb0ne » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:59 am

good luck, man. :D see you in there a lot.

kyosho

Post by kyosho » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Good guy except when he kills me. :P .. Follows the rule set by 40cal and would make a great addition to 40cal IMO..

Good luck SLI............

Sli

Post by Sli » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:02 am

1. If you were to get accepted in to the clan, and at any time (at any rank) you had a problem with a specific admin, or with something going on in the clan - how would you handle your concerns?

A- Here is where maturity comes into play, there is no reason to sweat the small stuff and I am a strong believer if you have a problem with someone, confront them and tell you how you feel before built up hate would make the work place/server environment uncomfortable. If that doesn't work, and it is a legit reason to have a problem with, go to higher ups in the ranks...

2. We require dedication and maturity. How long would you be willing to wait for the admin to decide if you should be accepted or not?

A- Like you said before Mrs. Jacki, good things are worth waiting for. In all respect, I would atleast like a courtesy msg no later than 3 months, letting me know if I am in or not.

3. You say you're 23, maturity is HUGELY important, and some young adults don't usually hold the necessary maturity that we're looking for. We know that age doesn't necessarily correlate to maturity, so what makes you different and more mature than your peers? In other words - why do you stand out from the rest?

A- I have been in the Marine Corps for almost 6 years now, done 3 tours in Iraq. Maturity is not an issue. Mission comes first, above all else. Making 40cal a clean and fun environment IS the mission.

4. If you are accepted to -[.40 cal ]- how long do you plan to stay? What could potentially change your mind about being a member and cause you to leave? For example, if a friend created their own clan, would you leave and join that clan? Another example, if you don't get along with one member of the clan, would you leave? (Answer first two questions, please)

A- I would stay as long as I had a running computer and internet :) . I might have to take 6-7 month breaks because of a deployment.. If I am in a clan, I am in a clan.. Dedication is what I breathe.

5. Do you want to join -[.40 cal ]- just for the admin/mod possibilities? How would you react if you felt that you were working hard for a promotion and when the time came you were not given that promotion? (Answer both, please)

A- Admin means nothing to me. It is just a tool to use to make the servers clean and fun. If I were working hard for promotion and I was not given it, I would ask what I did wrong, and what do I need to improve on to make sure I can show improvment and get the promotion on the next go around.

6. Being an admin is not always easy, and most definitely not always fun work. You're not always everyone's favorite person, and at times you'll be met with quite a bit of animosity and resistance when you have to enforce rules, even from your friends. It also can cause your scores and ranks to go down from having to pause to complete a ban, warn someone, etc, and you won't always be able to just play carefree like you used to, when you're in the servers, there's no "on" or "off" the clock, and often times regs will pull you into a server if you're on steam and not playing. Are you prepared for all of this? Why do you think so? How do you plan to cope with some of the stressors that come along with being an admin?

A- I have played counter-strike before I joing the military, I was in a clan and had admin. They only had one server but we did our best to make it clean and really fun and enjoyable. I am prepared for everything. I like helping people. I also like to make CS not about stats, but about good clean FUN!

Regina

Post by Regina » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:33 am

Sli is the bestest! He keeps me alive when i dont do suicide missions. Or he kills me either way good luck :D

Return to “Joining 40cal!”