Just making sure - JASON

For The Menu - say /war3menu

SS Sparky

Re: Just making sure - JASON

Post by SS Sparky » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:44 pm

of course i want all the attention pssssshhhhh...and yea...screen shot...i knew that...i will never respond to SS anymore cuz it's too confusing for my tiny brain :D

-=Brock*Samson=-

Post by -=Brock*Samson=- » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:36 pm

jason wrote:yeah brock did say that. then i asked him today again and he said not too. so dont know.
Several people tried to tell me that is was a rule. I told them they were mistaken. It's not a rule, but it is kind of impolite to constantly do it. It's easy to ruin small maps like ak-colt and snow when people are teleporting at the start of every round. When you asked me about it again on ak-colt, I said to wait a few seconds not because it is a rule, but rather in the name of sportsmanship.

If we ever actually wanted to prevent people from doing it, all we have to do is set the ultimate to be available after 5-10 seconds from round start. The way I see it, we can't make something available and act hurt or surprised when people use it.

Boshi

Post by Boshi » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:58 pm

-=Brock*Samson=- wrote:
jason wrote:yeah brock did say that. then i asked him today again and he said not too. so dont know.
Several people tried to tell me that is was a rule. I told them they were mistaken. It's not a rule, but it is kind of impolite to constantly do it. It's easy to ruin small maps like ak-colt and snow when people are teleporting at the start of every round. When you asked me about it again on ak-colt, I said to wait a few seconds not because it is a rule, but rather in the name of sportsmanship.

If we ever actually wanted to prevent people from doing it, all we have to do is set the ultimate to be available after 5-10 seconds from round start. The way I see it, we can't make something available and act hurt or surprised when people use it.

I don't think we need to go as far as setting the ultimate for 5-10 seconds after the round starts, it kills the rush game for bigger maps such as dust2.

In regards to the 5 sec teleport rule on aim_ak_colt, I personally enforce it to keep it more fair for certain maps such as aim_ak_colt, and that other map similar to aim_ak_colt.

As everyone stated it does kill the game for the inexperienced, so that's why I believe it is for the better of the server to have such rule in place for certain maps.

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”