Site Admin

Re: WC3 Maplist

Post by sammy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:40 pm

I can add as many maps as I wish to to maps.ini for voting

Dust

Post by Dust » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:41 pm

sammy wrote:I can add as many maps as I wish to to maps.ini for voting
Okay, that's great news! I'm going to make a new list for the WC3 server, based on what players like/dislike. I'd like it if you could look over it and give your thoughts. I'd also like as much input as possible from everybody else. Thank you!

Dust

Post by Dust » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:53 pm

Alright, so here is my personal recommendation for the maps on WC3. I play almost everyday, and am on at all times of the day. So I have gotten a pretty good feel about what maps people enjoy, and what maps people complain about. What maps build the population (like de_dust2, fy_snow), and what maps usually destroy it (like de_jeepathon2k, awp_metro). I will do the best I can to keep this list bias-free. Feedback is always welcome and encouraged!

Of course, what would a list be if not color coded for your viewing pleasure!
Green maps are good/solid maps that usually build the population, and should be kept on the list!
Yellow maps are less welcomed, however most people still enjoy playing them, and should be kept on the list!
Red maps are disliked, and almost always lower the population. These maps should be put up to a vote if they should be removed or not.
Blue maps are great maps that people are ALWAYS asking for, and should be ADDED to the list

What I mean by "Normalizes" population; the numbers either go up a few, or come down a few, from whatever they were on the previous map.

Here is the list that sammy has provided for us, which contains every map CURRENTLY in the map.ini vote.
de_vertigo (Normalizes/Grows population)
de_prodigy (Normalizes/Grows population)
cs_italy (Normalizes/Grows population. Although we may need to input some kind of rule about the entire team camping hostie house, or shadow hunters placing a bunch of wards on EVERY entrance. Just my opinion)
de_jeepathon2k (Remove. Although I personally enjoy it, its too huge and usually destroys the population)
de_cpl_mill (Normalizes/Grows population)
de_dust4ever (Normalizes/Grows population)
fy_snow_night (Almost always grows population)
de_train (Normalizes/Grows population)
aim_ak-colt_village (Normalizes/Grows population)
fy_stoneworld (Normalizes population, almost usually gets quite a bit of gripe from people)
cs_dustv2_40cal (Normalizes/Grows population. Objective is a little too easy for CT's, and sometimes makes the map less enjoyable)
de_survivor (Population usually lowers a little, but people enjoy this map)
de_westwood3 (If everybody plays human, it usually lowers the population)
de_cbble (Normalizes/Grows population)
de_dust (Grows population)
de_dust2 (Grows population)
ka_legoland (Grows population)
de_aztec (Grows population)
de_inferno (Grows population)
de_storm (Population usually lowers a little, but people enjoy this map)
aim_ak-colt (Grows population)
fy_iceworld2k (This one is tricky. People vote for it all the time, but almost always complain after a few rounds. I personally think this map is too small for WC3. Maybe it can be replaced by the 40cal version which is a little bigger?)
de_nuke (Grows population)
de_chateau (Normalizes/Grows population)
de_karnak (Map is a bit huge, and usually lowers the population)
fy_snow (Always grows population)
de_dust2_40cal (Always grows population)
de_aztec_40cal (Good map, but T's have a massive advantage to get to the bombsite)
de_vertigo (On the list twice, sometimes vertigo comes up on 2 of the 4 map votes in-game. One of them needs to be removed)
fy_buzzkill (Usually grows/normalizes the population. Personally am not a fan of this map, but a lot of others are)
de_dustyaztec (Normalizes/grows population. Although people complain when they just finish de_aztec, and then people vote for this map right after. Is there a way to make it so these 2 don't show up within a few maps of each other?)

de_dust2_mirror (I've never seen this map in the voting, although it's a good map)
mindmaze_2 (I've never seen this map in the voting, although it's a good map)
de_eldorado (I've never seen this map in the voting, although it's a good map)

scoutzknivez
(This map is always suggested, and grows the population!)
cs_deagle5 (This map is always suggested, and grows the population!)
cs_italy_40cal (This map is always suggested, and grows the population!)
cs_office (This map is always suggested, and grows the population!)
cs_office_40cal (This map is always suggested, and grows the population!)
de_rats_1337 (This map is always suggested, and grows the population!)
as_oilrig (Great map that everybody has a lot of fun playing, as long as the VIP doesn't just Druid ult through the floor. Maybe add a rule regarding that on this map?)
cs_assault_upc (Suggested LESS, but still a fun map that people enjoy playing occasionally! Grows/Normalizes population)
cs_militia (Old school map that everyone loves! Same thing as Italy though... It gets annoying when a bunch of T's just camp the hostie room)
cs_siege(Fun map for WC3! it's a bit too huge, and only a select few people enjoy it)
jail_riot_40cal (Great map, grows the population!)
cs_747 (Similar to the note for siege..can be fun but is big and hard to complete objectives. Would recommend a vote to be added or not)
fun_allinone (I know this map is corrupt and crashes the server, but I always get people asking about it. Anyway to fix that?)
Last edited by Dust on Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

LumBerJacK

Post by LumBerJacK » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:18 pm

great list dust :D i agree with everything but i think we should put de_strom on a side list it always lower the population and people keep asking to change it.

LumBerJacK :D

[ T E A L ]

Post by [ T E A L ] » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:18 pm

awesome list i can tell you put a lot of work into this.
i'll agree with that was posted here.

Sleepy

Post by Sleepy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:19 pm

That's an awesome list dust...really put in a lot of work :D . I would personally like to have more regular maps in the rotation like militia, 747, siege and assault. If possible have it set so that when we play a certain map it won't let us play a different variation of it. playing iceworld with a dust skin or a night theme gets boring fast.

namnoc

Post by namnoc » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:22 pm

I would recommend leaving Militia out of the rotation as we've had issues with that one before (though I personally like it). Regarding the other blue list maps, I would like to see some or all of them added.
Never confuse the facts with truth.
Fact = You shot me in the head.
Truth = I'm still better than you.

Dust

Post by Dust » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Thanks for the input guys!
namnoc wrote:I would recommend leaving Militia out of the rotation as we've had issues with that one before (though I personally like it). Regarding the other blue list maps, I would like to see some or all of them added.
I agree with you on this one. I thought a bit about if I should add it or not. As much as i love it, it is frustrating when T's just camp in the hostie room with wards and such. But sleepy and I were talking and we thought of some counters to it. Blood elf ult and druid ult.

Suicidal

Post by Suicidal » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:15 pm

I'm throwing in NOOBGAME 3 just for a laugh ;) haha

yeungi89

Post by yeungi89 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:30 am

I'm curious if we could add cs_747?
Btw I agree with Dust on this list. Good job!

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”