Humans overpowered

For The Menu - say /war3menu

Harbinger

Re: Humans overpowered

Post by Harbinger » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:21 pm

MarioBros wrote:
Harbinger wrote:tfw you don't fit in with the people around you. :shock:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... FD3F5AB7C/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Being an admin and only having wc3 in your favs
Tsk tsk tsk :P
I'm not sure why, but I lost the servers i had in favorite from time to time. :cry:
So I just use /servers instead of finding all the server's ip again everytime that happen.

Not the Face!

Post by Not the Face! » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:15 am

We all know that nine times out of ten, I am playing a human. I can see where you guys think they are over-powered. I don't think it is the race that is over-powered at all. Looking at humans with items can make them seem over-powered yes. As I have had many people complain to me that human's with a cloak is over-powered. Yet, I NEVER use a cloak. Humans are already invisible enough.. Buying a cloak is just a waste of money in my opinion. The players that play human and buy a cloak, we all know that they mainly just sit in a corner and wait for an unsuspecting victim. The peripat of health, just gives them +35 hp. How is that bad?? As mentioned earlier... Claws counter the peripat. Mask of death, big whoop... that doesn't make the human race over-powered. ANY race can pick 3 items that will nullify any bonus stuff from ANY race. That is how the game works. When warcraft mods first came out (with just 4 races) the Human race was there. It is an ORIGINAL race!!

We talked about spawn killing in another thread that also covered people teleporting right at the start. In my honest opinion, the only way we can stop that from happening is by cutting the buy-time in half. Instead of 6 seconds to buy, just 3. Then NO race can use their ultimate right when the round starts. See thread: http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 32&t=18632" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes I see a lot of people playing human. And almost EVERY person I see playing human just hides somewhere with a cloak. Maybe we can make it so items don't stack... ALL items with races that have natural abilities that do the same..
Like...
Cloak + Human = no stack on invisibility
Mask + Undead = no stack on lifesteal
Boots + Undead/Worgen = no stack on speed
(the list can go on and on)

Originally when I first started playing warcraft mods, the items didn't stack with the race. But complaining that a Base Race is over-powered is not the issue I see. Yes a lot of people use it because the shopmenu items stack. That to me seems to be the biggest problem with humans.. the cloak stacks with invisibility.

As people have said, buy a scanner. It shows location of "invisible" races. (Including troll ulti) They aren't part of the person so it doesn't count as visual, but you know EXACTLY where they are!!!

Every single race is over-powered in its own way.

NTF

P.S. My items when I'm human are: Amulet (no footsteps) + Necklace (immune to ultis) + Boots (need to run faster) Then again, unlike most of the human players, I run around and knife mostly.

Dante

Post by Dante » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:09 pm

Before you know it we'll be going back to the 10 level races with 2 shops menus
Fear of spiders is arachnophobia. Fear of having no escape and being in closed or small spaces or rooms is claustrophobia. Fear of Dante is called logic.

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:50 pm

Dante wrote:Before you know it we'll be going back to the 10 level races with 2 shops menus
I wouldnt mind.
That mod was perfect...but thats just me.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Dante

Post by Dante » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:27 pm

MarioBros wrote:
Dante wrote:Before you know it we'll be going back to the 10 level races with 2 shops menus
I wouldnt mind.
That mod was perfect...but thats just me.
Agree ;)
Fear of spiders is arachnophobia. Fear of having no escape and being in closed or small spaces or rooms is claustrophobia. Fear of Dante is called logic.

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:41 am

No matter how you change it there will always be a race with an edge. Scanner completely negates human cloak and hp as its wall hack you just need to be ready for aim and reaction. Although I have great memories of the old mod, it too had its unbalanced points. Best to leave it as it is.
GlazeD

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:49 am

Glazed wrote: Although I have great memories of the old mod, it too had its unbalanced points. Best to leave it as it is.
Nope. Old mod >new mod.
BM was not OP. Good players with BM were OP. And that was the only "con" that mod had in my eyes.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Dante

Post by Dante » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:48 am

The new mod takes longer to level and the gold system favors better players. With out the gold or some kind of bank system the new mod wouldn't be as fun. The old mod seem like everyone could get lvl 10's

[ T E A L ]

Post by [ T E A L ] » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:30 am

portal is broken,
health potion is broken.

all these new stuff to add on from gold is broken.

need to have a even battling field to have any sort of fun imo
if u have an edge at start its already not going to be fun.

8 races
2 shopmenu

simple yet fun.
people wont be able to buy 5 helms since no gold saved up.

-=Brock*Samson=-

Post by -=Brock*Samson=- » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:13 am

Health potion is pretty nerfed. 6k for 35 hp? It's like a periapt but way more expensive. I don't think it's broken at all. But I do agree that portal is way too cheap. Needs to be 6k instead of 2k IMO.

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”