The Mod isnt NEW! but its Finished,

For The Menu - say /war3menu

RNGesus

The Mod isnt NEW! but its Finished,

Post by RNGesus » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:15 am

All compiled and ready to be launched on your server sammy.

So everyone who was interested in playing on this server give me some love and post on this thread and lets get the Way more balanced UWC3 fun rolling.

All info is as follows:

Max Level - 25
Max Ultimates -2
Max Attributes -25 *(Takes 50 to max all attribs)*
Max Resists - 70
Max Resist Points - 210
All 10 Level Skills Reduced to 5
Level Requirement Lowered

All %'s from skills lowered to accomplish even play and less over cast.

Hex and Dispell hex are removed completely for now, going to add Old School Hex in soon, and replace Dispell hex with some other kind of ultimate later.

As well as add in a 3rd shopmenu, create buyitem short commands |So you can bind items to keys again|, create some new skills/abilities to round it up too 6 full pages of skills/ultimates *(So adding 10 total things)* Create a variable to count # of CtC [Chance2Cast] skills and limit them just like ultimates {Thinking 3 or 4}, and some other stuff to follow hopefully.

Also taking suggestions on stuff you would like to see in the game/mod so in you post you can feel free to toss those out at me.
Prepares to Sacrifice Rubber-Chicken to RNGesus

-=Brock*Samson=-

Re: The Mod isnt NEW! but its Finished,

Post by -=Brock*Samson=- » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:49 am

Sweet! Sounds fun!

Fudd!

Post by Fudd! » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:23 am

So hold on a second here ... forgive me as I have never tried Ultimate WC3 .. but let me get this straight.

You can pick any combination of skill you want?

So technically I could build a race that has:

Mage dmg reduction passive
Evade
Crit Hit
Unholy Aura
Vampiric Aura
Trushot
Devotion

plus any 2 ultimates I want ? and I have access to 4 different items ?

Am I way off on how this mod works ? Cause that sounds like you just get to build an unstoppable killing machine of a race :twisted: ... not sure how someone would die. Not to mention people just starting out are going to get absolutely humped.

c.ran

Post by c.ran » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:37 am

Not to mention people just starting out are going to get absolutely humped.
^^^^^ LOL HUMPED.

For real though explain how this will stop the problem that we have now. high levels dominated the server.

-Cuddles

namnoc

Post by namnoc » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:50 am

I am interested in trying it out. I am, however, concerned newcomers will be overwhelmed by the regular players who have already developed their skills. With the different races as they are, I can go to a less strong/developed race when newer players come in. For example, I almost never play Worgen because I have reached level 25 and it works really well with my MP5 :twisted: . When Apples, Brock or a few other ridiculously good players get on I will play with it sometimes (or when I'm having a rough day and really need to blow off some steam).

I know it seems silly to have 2 Warcraft style servers, but I think the two are different enough that it might be a valid option if we have a server available that is not being used frequently.
Never confuse the facts with truth.
Fact = You shot me in the head.
Truth = I'm still better than you.

RNGesus

Post by RNGesus » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Fudd! wrote:So hold on a second here ... forgive me as I have never tried Ultimate WC3 .. but let me get this straight.

You can pick any combination of skill you want?

So technically I could build a race that has:

Mage dmg reduction passive
Evade
Crit Hit
Unholy Aura
Vampiric Aura
Trushot
Devotion

plus any 2 ultimates I want ? and I have access to 4 different items ?

Am I way off on how this mod works ? Cause that sounds like you just get to build an unstoppable killing machine of a race :twisted: ... not sure how someone would die. Not to mention people just starting out are going to get absolutely humped.
This is not correct skills like Trueshot and Crit strike can not be used at the same time, and passive skills dont exist yet as it was never part of the original mod, but I will be adding them.

with my lower max level you can only train 5 skills to max level *(But then you wouldnt have any ultimates, as you get only 25 points to spend, and thats AFTER you hit max level which isnt easy to do without gold.

There are only 2 shopmenus in the original UWC3 and until I make the 3rd its going to stay that way. You can only have 2 items at one time, and I wont be changing that either.

You also forgot to take into account how I lowered the %s and the chance to cast of EVERY skill in the game so its not like WC3 where crypt lord powers activate ever other shot, nor is it going to be excessive evasion or bash/banish/impale chances...

Also there are pre existing protocols to prevent users from training both Carrion & Shadow Strike or Crit Strike & Trueshot, or Spiked Carapace & Thorns.
Ch1ck3nm4n wrote:I am interested in trying it out. I am, however, concerned newcomers will be overwhelmed by the regular players who have already developed their skills. With the different races as they are, I can go to a less strong/developed race when newer players come in. For example, I almost never play Worgen because I have reached level 25 and it works really well with my MP5 :twisted: . When Apples, Brock or a few other ridiculously good players get on I will play with it sometimes (or when I'm having a rough day and really need to blow off some steam).

I know it seems silly to have 2 Warcraft style servers, but I think the two are different enough that it might be a valid option if we have a server available that is not being used frequently.
Max level players no longer have a super advantage because Evasion/trueshot are now lvl 12 required to start to train it instead of over 20. I have put a good amount of thought into the rebalance, and am still tweaking numbers and chances on my private server for further testing..

bluefire672

Post by bluefire672 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:40 pm

I dont know if you played years ago when superhero mode was a big thing. But it died out in 1.6 all togeather very fast because people who mastered combined op abilities make them godlike. A.k.a. not killable. 40Cal and 24 hurting for players atm. Not a smart move for now but once players flow in will be fun too substitute possibly scrim server for a while.

RNGesus

Post by RNGesus » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:24 pm

bluefire672 wrote:I dont know if you played years ago when superhero mode was a big thing. But it died out in 1.6 all togeather very fast because people who mastered combined op abilities make them godlike. A.k.a. not killable. 40Cal and 24 hurting for players atm. Not a smart move for now but once players flow in will be fun too substitute possibly scrim server for a while.
Again, they can be as good as they want to at skill stacking, or op combos, cause with the lower % to cast and lower % extra damage and overall lower EVERYTHING I guarantee I can achieve an even balance for the game, and if I have to I will set it up as speed XP *(Meaning faster leveling but server sql resets 10 days or so)* and then no one ever has to worry about long time vets being any better, it will boil down to how good you are at CS and how well you know how to use your selected skills.

Future plans for the mod include changing many things, all in the name of balance. I had a very similar UWC3 mod server ran back in the day, and we had a lot of success in the field of happy players (Both new and old) // Many of these changes will be taken very soon, in the next few weeks I am hoping.

But for right now they rebalance is finalized and is ready to receive input from a few handfuls of players

-=Brock*Samson=-

Post by -=Brock*Samson=- » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:57 pm

RNG, did you ever play UWC3 with "beginners luck"? It basically greatly reduces damage taken and increases damage done when going against much higher races. Starting everyone off at level 5 and capping the max level at 25 may negate the need for something like this, though. But it sure was nice for being level 0 vs a level 60 lol

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”