Possible reactivation of UWC3 mod? *(But balanced version)*

For The Menu - say /war3menu

Dead Man

Re: Possible reactivation of UWC3 mod? *(But balanced versio

Post by Dead Man » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:49 pm

Nothing personal but but I will post my thought.

I think ultimately it is going to be the same. By the post you have given it looks like you are going to be copying and pasting code instead of starting from scratch. So ultimately the plugin is going to come out with a bunch of code that has allot of useless stuff. I have seen this multiple times. Allot of people try to edit the work of others but they themselves do not know what the code really does or how to make the code simpler that they make a code that can be 2 lines of code into 10 lines of code. If you do not know what you are doing in the code than you create more stress on the server itself because to make the server work 10 times more than what it needs to be doing.

Just go to allied forums. You can see allot of people that edit plugins and say that they make new plugins etc. I have seen multiple times in the past people post plugins with 100s of lines of codes and than some one with actual coding abilities comes and provides the same plugin, however with the plugin made in just 20 lones of code. I am pretty sure OWNX has also seen this and that is why he mention in previous post to start from scratch because the original coding was done poorly.

RNGesus

Post by RNGesus » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:22 am

This is correct to a point, and incorrect to others,

Yes to the methods of *(Copy)* but negative on the pasting, what I will be using from the previous mods are the skills that are already okay, and the reason I wish to see/use OWNX code from wc3 5.0 is because I need are preset #defs and actions and certain variables as crafting those is a pain in the @%^. If new code is where I must go and OWNX has the only reliable coding presets to use then I will read/reread and once again proof read the equations and variables between how UWC3 was made from original WC3 and try to unrace and rewrite from OWNX base set of actions/#def and preset functions as reference.

If I really need to I could learn the ways of creating a custom definition or action of my own but in my opinion all the good skills/powers *(Or actions and preset definition)* for this mod have already been done, so its just finding a new format to write these equations in that I am worried about. I have a very thorough knowledge of math, I also have a decent level of knowledge of how modding a program or game is merely a problem of mathematics with words. All I need to do is find the best format of word math to generate my equation in...

So in short, no I dont wish to start from scratch and generate code definitions and equations from zero, because again I feel 80/90% of the equation variables and definitions are already out there for what powers or skills are needed for a mod like this. I just need to re evaluate the preceeding process of how these equations are valued, and then toss in some missed bits I feel should have been a piece of this puzzle before.

Example:
Uwc3 is merely wc3 minus sub generated brackets [Races] seperating the many bonus equations and making them 1 giant bracket [Race] with limitless/limited amounts of bonus equations acquirable, with a few *New* equation options added (Like Mend/Repair and a few ultimates, Hex variable replace with different hex skill) and most of them I am removing

What I need is a good base of bonus equations *(Either already unbracketed or if need be do whatever it is OWNX requires to be done to get his plugin)* Because its not like I need to redo the following:

Skill/Ability Menus
Skills/Abilities/Resists/Attribute Info Menus (These are scripted fine, just not filled with the right or enough info which is also easily fixed
Most of the 8 original races skills/abilities are fine minus; Hex
Most of the UWC3 specific Ultimates are fine minus; Dispell Hex

As lets face it, although WC3 has undergone many changes in its day, its end result remained mostly the same, meaning Vamp aura was still life given back after damage, and trueshot still extra damage produced from each hit. I feel the powers/bonuses are made I just need to put them in order, remove the ones that are unneeded and re balance the ones out of control. And again UWC3 is just 1 giant race with 30 or powers instead of just 4.

The pieces of this I will be stuck coding from zero are;
Finding a way to create a functional 1 selectable passive system, which you get around lvl 10ish and then levels with you until 25, possibly with a second or 3rd selectable level to increase the integer at which its augmented per character level. (Like .07 Base + [iplayerlvl *.01/.0125/.15])
Finding, removing then replacing Hex/Dispell Hex protocols with original WC3 Hex skill, then dispell ultimate with some other races Ultimate down the line
Addition of 8 new skills/ultimates
Prepares to Sacrifice Rubber-Chicken to RNGesus

RNGesus

Post by RNGesus » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:48 am

Okay, I am all done minus finding a good compiler.exe file as my HLDS folder doesnt have this and that is the answer I get when trying to find legit ways *(Without downloading some random unknown compiler)* to compile my plugin.

I downloaded notepad++ since its suppose to allow you to compile but I cant find its compile option. So as soon as I hunt down a decent compiler I should be 100% done with my rebalancing of UWC3

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:41 pm

RNGesus wrote:Okay, I am all done minus finding a good compiler.exe file as my HLDS folder doesnt have this and that is the answer I get when trying to find legit ways *(Without downloading some random unknown compiler)* to compile my plugin.

I downloaded notepad++ since its suppose to allow you to compile but I cant find its compile option. So as soon as I hunt down a decent compiler I should be 100% done with my rebalancing of UWC3
Go to pokemod section by emp. Download the package there. It contains the compiler. Or the amxmodx website too.

RNGesus

Post by RNGesus » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:18 am

Dead Man wrote:
RNGesus wrote:Okay, I am all done minus finding a good compiler.exe file as my HLDS folder doesnt have this and that is the answer I get when trying to find legit ways *(Without downloading some random unknown compiler)* to compile my plugin.

Go to pokemod section by emp. Download the package there. It contains the compiler. Or the amxmodx website too.
Now I am facing irrational errors during compilation, like initialization exceeds declared size or undeclared function or declaration, and the worst part is these errors are occurring to parts of the original UWC3 plugin that I didnt even alter, like the names of the 40 skills in the mod *(I mean I changed 1 skills name but its not the one giving me issues, its unholy aura)*

Between that and my frustration trying to figure out what I am going to do with my summer now that the mother of my child changed her mind once again and I wont be seeing her AGAIN this summer I am at my wits end

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:45 am

RNGesus wrote:
Dead Man wrote:

Now I am facing irrational errors during compilation, like initialization exceeds declared size or undeclared function or declaration, and the worst part is these errors are occurring to parts of the original UWC3 plugin that I didnt even alter, like the names of the 40 skills in the mod *(I mean I changed 1 skills name but its not the one giving me issues, its unholy aura)*

Between that and my frustration trying to figure out what I am going to do with my summer now that the mother of my child changed her mind once again and I wont be seeing her AGAIN this summer I am at my wits end
Lol the moment I read your post asking for a compiler I knew you were going to get compiling errors. I had posted in chat to send me the code but never herd back from you. If you want send me a download link to get the SMA file in a pm.

In off-topic. How old are, just curious because I notice you said you have a son. I also have a son

RNGesus

Post by RNGesus » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:59 am

Yeah sure I can send you the code, I am also looking into a variable I can create to limit the amount of trainable skills you can have at one time, but running into errors with the definitions I am using to achieve this.

I am 27, and my daughter is now 2 years and 2 months old. The joy of my life and I havent seen her since last october, and its killing me.

I will email you the code *(As this forums pm system doesnt support .rar .zip or many of the other forms of compression for sending attachments to other users via pm)* all I need is a email address

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:31 pm

Nice my son is 10 months old.

My email is b2k-gamers@live.com

Sylwester

Post by Sylwester » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:41 pm

RNGesus, being good at math doesn't automatically make you a good programmer. If you are looking for compiler, then you can always find it in amxx base package here (/addons/amxmodx/scripting/amxxpc.exe)

Attempting to change source code without compiler ready to check errors was a bad idea. New programmers should recompile code after every little change they made - it makes debugging much easier when you are dealing only with few errors at a time. Also suddenly getting lots of errors pointing to parts of the code you didn't touch often means that you messed up brackets: deleted or added ( or ) or { or } , so there is one or more unclosed brackets.

Moving on to uwc3 itself - it was my favorite mod and I spent literally thousands of hours playing it. It was popular back in 2005, but after a few years playerbase dropped - probably because later iterations increased level cap and xp rate, so it was much harder for new players to get in when their opponents seemed invincible (I remember times when I would get 5-10 k:d).

Getting new iteration that could fix some of old uwc3 issues would be nice, but that's not something a beginner can code and I can tell you that attempting to base it on wc3 with races would be really hard. I myself started coding new version of uwc3 from scratch a while ago, but it's still unfinished (database, xp, menus done, but still missing many skills and any graphic and sound effects) and I don't know when I will find enough time to finish it...

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:03 pm

Sylwester wrote:RNGesus, being good at math doesn't automatically make you a good programmer. If you are looking for compiler, then you can always find it in amxx base package here (/addons/amxmodx/scripting/amxxpc.exe)

Attempting to change source code without compiler ready to check errors was a bad idea. New programmers should recompile code after every little change they made - it makes debugging much easier when you are dealing only with few errors at a time. Also suddenly getting lots of errors pointing to parts of the code you didn't touch often means that you messed up brackets: deleted or added ( or ) or { or } , so there is one or more unclosed brackets.

Moving on to uwc3 itself - it was my favorite mod and I spent literally thousands of hours playing it. It was popular back in 2005, but after a few years playerbase dropped - probably because later iterations increased level cap and xp rate, so it was much harder for new players to get in when their opponents seemed invincible (I remember times when I would get 5-10 k:d).

Getting new iteration that could fix some of old uwc3 issues would be nice, but that's not something a beginner can code and I can tell you that attempting to base it on wc3 with races would be really hard. I myself started coding new version of uwc3 from scratch a while ago, but it's still unfinished (database, xp, menus done, but still missing many skills and any graphic and sound effects) and I don't know when I will find enough time to finish it...
True
That is why I knew, that once he asked for a compiler that he was going to get errors.
RNGesus. Recommendation for whenever you are messing with code. Like Sylwester said. Every time you make a change in the code compile it to make sure you do not get any errors. Because doing edit after edit and than at last minute check for errors is a guaranteed error compilation for beginners. I say this from personal experience as well so do not feel bad. Allot of others have gone through the same problems but we learn from our mistakes.

Main reason why to do little by little is because one misspelling / one missed bracket / basically any little thing no matter how small it is can ruin a plugin.

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”