OWNX's TO DO LIST

For The Menu - say /war3menu

NonMagical

Re: OWNX's TO DO LIST

Post by NonMagical » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:11 am

Hiei wrote:It's WC3. Getting 3-4-5-6 headshots in a single firefight is not so far fetched.. In fact, there have been many instances where I have had 6+ helms consumed against one person in a single firefight. Helms are strong, whether it's 1 or 10. There is no denying it, but I promise you, that it is no where near the issue you foresee it to be. Most kills in WC3 due to helms, come from body shots anyway. A couple AK shots at the chest will still drop most races.. I don't even aim for heads as often in WC3 anymore, because most everyone buys helms. But we'll just have to see how it goes.
I can count on one hand the number of times somebody has eaten through all 3 of my helms and then headshot me. So either you play way more often than I do (probably not), are incredibly unlucky (statistically unlikely), or are slightly exaggerating that claim.

But anyway, I'm not here to exchange anecdotes about helms. Just voicing my concern that I don't personally believe that paying money should net somebody a distinct combat advantage over somebody else. Instant level 25, faster gold generation, faster EXP gain in other classes, all wonderful bonuses. But it's Sammy's philosophy on what he wants to do. I'm just not a pay-to-win player, and if it feels like that is an actual factor than I'll move onto something else I guess.

Oh well.

`MuiR

Post by `MuiR » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:48 am

You clearly don't play with people like Apples, Dante, Lilo(Perro), Brock, myself, etc on a regular basis.. When all people like us do is aim for the chest/head burst, save for spray fights, it is VERY common to hit the head SEVERAL times in WC3..Considering it takes 150+ dmg for most cases. But your point is elsewhere and I get it. But I do not consider it a big enough combat advantage to gripe about it. Even without VIP, I wouldn't care.. It's one more time that my bullet has to hit your head..When I'll likely kill you with a left arm shot more often than not anyway. But if you feel like it's that detrimental to your game play, get enough people to rally behind that sentiment, and Sammy will surely make a change.

Dante

Post by Dante » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:28 am

Rawr before I purchased VIP I had plenty of gold. Now it's easier to get gold for me. The VIP program is used to generate money to help pay for the servers. Almost any free game you play has some sort of incentive for those who wish to put down some cash. $20 is not much and helps Sammy out a lot. He's incrediably appreciative of every donation. Does VIP become an advantage, yes and no. Instant lvl 25. I lvled my night elf to 25 no problem. Extra helm and neck charges? Who can purchase more? Faster exp gain? Excellent incentive but not a combat advantage. Faster gold gain? Can be used either way but I get killed just as much as the next guy.
Fear of spiders is arachnophobia. Fear of having no escape and being in closed or small spaces or rooms is claustrophobia. Fear of Dante is called logic.

NonMagical

Post by NonMagical » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:10 am

Dante wrote:Rawr before I purchased VIP I had plenty of gold. Now it's easier to get gold for me. The VIP program is used to generate money to help pay for the servers. Almost any free game you play has some sort of incentive for those who wish to put down some cash. $20 is not much and helps Sammy out a lot. He's incrediably appreciative of every donation. Does VIP become an advantage, yes and no. Instant lvl 25. I lvled my night elf to 25 no problem. Extra helm and neck charges? Who can purchase more? Faster exp gain? Excellent incentive but not a combat advantage. Faster gold gain? Can be used either way but I get killed just as much as the next guy.
I have no qualms about any of that, other than 2 helmet charges vs 1 helmet charge of non-VIP. As you said, almost any free game has incentive to put down some cash, but it's pretty rare nowadays you'll be paying for combat advantages. More so perks or ease of play. Games that do charge money for actual combat advantage over non-payers have a tendency to lose their playerbase.

Hiei, I assure you I have played with Apples, Dante, Lilo, etc for a long time. Apples and, more specifically Lilo, for literally years. Half a decade, actually (if we are going by my join date on this forum.. Unless you are known by a different name prior to 2013, I've probably played with them much more than you.). I'm merely saying that the number of times I have been killed with a headshot while having three charges of a helm pre-fight is abysmally low. I just have a hard time believing that out of the 23% or so shots that typically hit (if we are going on accuracy averages here), you would be hit 7 times in the head in one clip. In fact, that is every bullet that hits. 100% headshot percentage. Obviously in a face to face spray we can be generous and assume maybe 50% of the shots hit, but that's still a 50% headshot percentage while full on spraying. Just... Just can't get behind that number. I'm sorry.

Anyway, I think I've voiced my opinion on this matter enough. I don't want this to turn into a full blown argument, as I would no doubt be on the short end of the stick if punishments were dealt out. I started that last thread to help bring some balance and fairness into the incredibly unbalanced WC3 server, OWNX came through, did some sweeping changes and then declared he was dipping, avoiding further refinement, and now this seems like a pointless discussion.

I worry I inadvertently worsened the WC3 mod with my ideas.

-Rawr

Dante

Post by Dante » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:32 am

It's all good man! I wub you Rawr but we can both agree BM was killing the enjoyment of wc3
Fear of spiders is arachnophobia. Fear of having no escape and being in closed or small spaces or rooms is claustrophobia. Fear of Dante is called logic.

OWNX

Post by OWNX » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:23 am

for moment tell to sammy what to do , and he will tell me what i should do

P.S :
What why is that ?
- i don't have much time to speak about those suggestions and think about it
- i don't have much time , so tell to sammy and he will tell me what to modify or not ...

have a nice day

NonMagical

Post by NonMagical » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Here is a summary of what I believe is agreed upon, with my own personal suggested number tweaks. Somebody else can chime in and correct me or suggest a different number. Once a few people on here agree to them, you can implement them:

Blood Mage: Passive 25% effectiveness, Siphon Mana 50% chance to work (cuts money generation in half).
Worgen: Abberation or whatever it is called 25% effectiveness (the skill that heals you when hit).
Warlock: Remove red screen flash from Drain Life. People are also suggesting removing the noise, but I have an alternative suggestion: If possible, make the noise only hearable by the warlock. Or alternatively just make the scream quieter, or a less annoying sound effect all together. Last resort should be complete removal in my opinion.
Items: Scroll of Resurrection nerfed, raised price (if possible limit one per round). One Hit Kill item nerfed (raised in price, don't remember the name of it), Potion raised in price (if possible, limit one per round). I no longer agree with a helm change if there will be "double helms" for VIPs, at least not at the scale or 1 helm vs 2 helm.

The things written in red are the only unanimous change requests, although some of them have my own personal numbers in them (people may want Blood Mage skills changed, but with different numbers for example).

A couple others that I have strongly encouraged but not everybody has had agreement on: Removing the drop primary mechanic on Night Elf ultimate who, if these changes go into effect, will arguably be the strongest class in the game all around and has the potential to be "the new Blood Mage". Same goes with Draenei. Both of these classes should be monitored to see if they need a slight tuning as well, but they probably won't. A nerf to Mask of Death is also worth considering. Perhaps 50% effectiveness at least.. I just feel like killing 1 person should not get you back to full health. That's a little nuts. 100 damage should regen like 25 hp, in my opinion.

Disclaimer: Do not make any changes unless you intend to check in on this and other threads to make sure the changes are working well, and be willing to make another adjustment to number tweak should it be needed.

Dante

Post by Dante » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:39 pm

He sent the code to Sammy already and he's been editing the first page with changes

Not the Face!

Post by Not the Face! » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:06 pm

So I wanted to say something after reading up on the to do list. I knew Human invisibility was going to be brought up. Especially because it stacks with the cloak. Boots stack with Undead/Worgen speed? When I first joined my first warcraft server, they did not stack. Myself being someone who likes to knife, enjoy it. The problem should not be that they are 100% invisible, more like 90%. To prove this, stand Human with cloak next to Troll. Troll uses their ulti and vanishes from screen, the Human's outline is still visible. There is also the scanner, meant to show the invisible Human. My problem with others playing Humans, not all of them complete their objective. I like to move around, yeah I admit I'll get caught in a bad situation. 4+ guys. That is what I get for rushing A or B. Also, when your cross-hairs go over an invisible human, their name shows in the middle of your screen.

If anything should be done about invisibility, I say to make it where cloak does not stack with Human invisibility. Therefor, would also remove other "stacked abilities" Trueshot/claws undead/worgen speed/boots undead lifesteal/mask.

All in all, I can't wait to play with the changes.

Mr. Spock

NonMagical

Post by NonMagical » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:00 pm

After playing in the server just know I would like to strongly urge that when this patch eventually makes it to the server (hopefully it does at some point) that the Scroll of Resurrection, if not able to be limited to 1 per round, be removed entirely from the game. With the ability to trade experience for gold, and gold for money, the scroll is so exploitable that it isn't even fun anymore.

I was just playing in the server where somebody died like 29 times in 11 rounds. One round in particular, I just sat in spawn and killed two people continually respawning like 4 or 5 times each until I simply ran out of bullets. Some people's response to this was "Just sit in spawn and kill them then!" But excuse me, my idea of Counter-Strike is not playing whack-a-mole in the spawn of the other team.

I've worried that scroll was abusable in the past, but after today I saw the the true power of the abuse.

You can respawn 2 times for every gold you spend. That means for every 7500 exp you trade, you can respawn 10 times. So hypothetically, I could join the server when nobody good is on, earn my 30 kills on two maps (trade it for exp), then later pull that gold back out of my exp pool and completely blow up the server with 20 respawns in a row. You guys made a gold cap of 10 for a reason, but I don't think you realized that the gold cap is only one way to store wealth in the server... You can store it just as effectively in exp. Or another way to think about it.. I may only have 10 gold stored up, but I have hundreds upon hundreds readily available whenever I want.

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”