cs_deagle5 and the like

For The Menu - say /war3menu

DushiPunda

cs_deagle5 and the like

Post by DushiPunda » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:51 pm

So, question for all the admins. What is the OFFICIAL rule on ankh'ing guns on maps like cs_deagle5, 35hp_2, legoland, etc.? It's been put out by admins in the past that you are not to ankh the weapon (m4, para, etc) and you have to drop it at round end (mario, kirk, etc)...but then there's other admins who say there is no rule, do what you want, it's part of the game.

I understand it's part of the game, but don't you think there should be a rule about this? At the very least, drop the gun because it's just common courtesy. If you're in legoland or 35hp_2 with a para, you are quite literally unstoppable. If you're in cs_deagle5, at least the opponent has a deagle, but still...if you have an m4 and a helm, you're pretty much unstoppable unless you suck.

Thoughts?

CaptainJamesTKirk

Re: cs_deagle5 and the like

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:00 pm

I tell people to drop the weapon because of the reason you stated courtesy to others. I think it ruins the game play because others are stuck with a deagle while the people with a primary weapon are just running around with their gun pwning everyone the come across. I think it makes you a more respectful person if you drop your gun. We will talk about making a rule and will let you know. I'm sure even the higher ups have mixed feelings about that due to the fact that it is part of the game.

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:02 pm

DushiPunda wrote:So, question for all the admins. What is the OFFICIAL rule on ankh'ing guns on maps like cs_deagle5, 35hp_2, legoland, etc.? It's been put out by admins in the past that you are not to ankh the weapon (m4, para, etc) and you have to drop it at round end (mario, kirk, etc)...but then there's other admins who say there is no rule, do what you want, it's part of the game.

I understand it's part of the game, but don't you think there should be a rule about this? At the very least, drop the gun because it's just common courtesy. If you're in legoland or 35hp_2 with a para, you are quite literally unstoppable. If you're in cs_deagle5, at least the opponent has a deagle, but still...if you have an m4 and a helm, you're pretty much unstoppable unless you suck.

Thoughts?
There is no official rule regarding ankh use and RTD in the Wc3 server, because rolling the dice is part of the game it is fair that a player be able to ankh the weapon. When you drop it (at this time) is your choice. I personally find it really fun when a few other guns mix up this map but that's only my opinion. What usually happens is the map gets removed due to too many differing opinions. If an admin asks you to drop you would follow their direction but as of YET there are still no official rules. I for one am against the suggestion of implementing this rule.
GlazeD

DushiPunda

Post by DushiPunda » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Perfect example why you shouldn't be allowed to ankh weapons on these maps.

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:21 pm

Dynamic makes that score in any map so it's not a really good example... I also was able to ankh during that match but lost mine by getting fragged/entangled etc. You too can achieve these scores with much practice. If anything changes I would be happy to go with the flow. Also if you saw my score I wasn't doing very well even with the ankh :P Everyone asked if it was against the rules, which my reply is no. If someone says hey Glazed can you drop that please? My answer will be no problem!
GlazeD

DushiPunda

Post by DushiPunda » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:44 pm

I know he can make those scored, and i'm not jealous of that or anything of the such. The point is, he WOULDN'T have made those scores if he didnt' have his m4. you got tangled, but that wouldn't have happened if you bought a necklace, something he probably did. I understand, it's part of the game...but like i said, like kirk said..it's a courtesy thing. I'm only picking on dynamic because he was the most recent case, and the best case because he's a best with the m4/ak. But yea, after the 2nd round of not having the slightest chance against him and his m4 armed with only a knife and deagle, i left. I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Lucky

Post by Lucky » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:44 pm

We go to deagle5 because we want to deagle.. Not because we want ak's and m4's. The map should stay deagle only so I always tell people to drop after one round and not to ankh and for no one to pick it up. We should implement this rule because it's just dumb to go to a deagle specific map and have primary guns.

Zo0Ot3d

Post by Zo0Ot3d » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm

Its an unfair advantage and thus not allowed. If you are given the weapon (via rtd) and survive the round with it. It is allowed. Once you have been killed you are NOT allowed to respawn with it. If somebody picks the weapon up. Thats fine. They are allowed to use it until they die. As long as the gun makes it through the respawn. But NO ankth regen weapons. Just be informative and firm with dealing with the situation.
Even the lowest man can rise above the heavens! ~Quintus Lentulus Batiatus

Lucky

Post by Lucky » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Zo0Ot3d wrote:Its an unfair advantage and thus not allowed. If you are given the weapon (via rtd) and survive the round with it. It is allowed. Once you have been killed you are NOT allowed to respawn with it. If somebody picks the weapon up. Thats fine. They are allowed to use it until they die. As long as the gun makes it through the respawn. But NO ankth regen weapons. Just be informative and firm with dealing with the situation.

I've never heard this one before.. You're allowed to pick up the weapon and use it as long as you can keep it alive without ankh? Literally never heard anyone say that one o.O is that a rule? Because you said thus not allowed, I'm assuming there's a rule somewhere about this?

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:14 pm

Me either, but I would be happy to enforce it if that's the rule.

This has been discussed in length before

http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 32&t=13200

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”