cs_deagle5 and the like

For The Menu - say /war3menu

apples

Re: cs_deagle5 and the like

Post by apples » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:30 pm

There is no official rule on ankhing weapons from RTD on these maps. But this really just ruins everyone else's fun who doesn't have a gun. I'm sure I already mentioned it to growlithdesu if there was a way to disable RTD weapons on those certain maps, but I'm not sure if there was a solution found yet. Regardless, I think if we get too many complaints about this sammy will remove the maps in general. I believe this was the reason why they were previously removed in the first place.

Lucky

Post by Lucky » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:21 pm

We should just set a common rule that all admins can enforce so we can keep the map instead of having to get rid of it all together.

growlithedesu

Post by growlithedesu » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:32 pm

I think this is definitely something that needs to be addressed. And not just cs_deagle5, but any map where you can't buy your own equipment and are given guns.

tomwzhere

Post by tomwzhere » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:30 am

There is no rule against ankhing weapons in 40 cal. Yes, it is unfair, but we have never made a rule preventing a player from using an item that was in the warcraft3 map. We can ask kindly for the player to drop their gun, but we will not use any admin powers against them.

Death_Dealer

Post by Death_Dealer » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:58 am

It really ruins the fun when he was on CT, 14 wins then went to Ts to own the game.... this Dynamic...
Attachments
Dynamic Rules.JPG
Dynamic Rules.JPG (66.98 KiB) Viewed 2598 times

Disclaimer: A Old Clan Sig I had...

DyNaMiC

Post by DyNaMiC » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:40 am

wow... i see my name got brought up twice(even with a SS, Say cheese :) ) all because i simply picked up an Ak or a Para which ever player who RTDED on a deagle5 map(and i ANKH to make sure i kept the weapon as long i have the money for them ).. normally i dont RTD cuz i have such a bad luck with it . But yea i agree with yall whoever you may concern about this issue . To be honest i really couldnt careless of what weapon i use , as long its not againist the rules i dont see why player cant have their fun RTDing and get some kind of an avantage over other player isnt that what RTD is FOR? <--- TO either have avantage or to die in vain with Bad roll? now even if you RTD RAMBO OR FULL EQUIPMENT there are chances you will die with them and drop your guns , i dont see why cant other player just simply pick them up and turn things around for those who wanted to RTD .. I mean whats behind the motives of those who RTD ? to have avantage right ? so isnt it fair to other players to pick up their GUNS or whatever . if those who RTDed and died because they couldnt keep their avantage over those players who didnt RTD ?
well of course thats just my thoughts on the whole situation . IF theres going to be an official rule on these map i think the best way to solve it , its really just REMOVE RTD OUT OF THE GAME. i mean wouldnt that just solve the roots of any problems or complaints?

BOOM- toe shot

Post by BOOM- toe shot » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:27 am

I don't want to choose sides, but I honestly think that a Deagle in some hands is more deadlier than an RTD weapon in other hands. The way I see it, no rule for this should be in place but instead an Admin whom is in the server should regulate according to their preference. Afterall, I firmly believe that all .40cal Admins will do the right thing and make the correct judgement.

I would like to make known a rather uncomfortable experience I had with such a situation that was handled by a Admin, admirably. We were on the deagle map, with all the boxes and the bridge: it started off with one guy who had an m4, then another guy, and another and another, then next thing you know, the entire other team was rolling everything but a deagle for several rounds consistently. I'm not one to complain -- heck, I'm not even gonna complain now, just wanna point out that an Admin, can't remember who exactly, was telling people to drop their weapons and roll deagle. A perfect example of an Admin handling things, and he didn't say one thing about it being a rule. It may seem bias, to have a ruling like that, but .40cal is composed of good people looking to make a better gaming experience. Not bad people looking to further their own interests. :3
BOOM- toe shot

DushiPunda

Post by DushiPunda » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:14 pm

DyNaMiC wrote:wow... i see my name got brought up twice(even with a SS, Say cheese :) ) all because i simply picked up an Ak or a Para which ever player who RTDED on a deagle5 map(and i ANKH to make sure i kept the weapon as long i have the money for them ).. normally i dont RTD cuz i have such a bad luck with it . But yea i agree with yall whoever you may concern about this issue . To be honest i really couldnt careless of what weapon i use , as long its not againist the rules i dont see why player cant have their fun RTDing and get some kind of an avantage over other player isnt that what RTD is FOR? <--- TO either have avantage or to die in vain with Bad roll? now even if you RTD RAMBO OR FULL EQUIPMENT there are chances you will die with them and drop your guns , i dont see why cant other player just simply pick them up and turn things around for those who wanted to RTD .. I mean whats behind the motives of those who RTD ? to have avantage right ? so isnt it fair to other players to pick up their GUNS or whatever . if those who RTDed and died because they couldnt keep their avantage over those players who didnt RTD ?
well of course thats just my thoughts on the whole situation . IF theres going to be an official rule on these map i think the best way to solve it , its really just REMOVE RTD OUT OF THE GAME. i mean wouldnt that just solve the roots of any problems or complaints?
that's all fine and dandy...yea, an advantage, cool...but an UNFAIR advantage, where it's making people leave the game, is the problem. when you get an m4 or para, there's no stopping you when you're only going up against people with deagles. YES, the deagle is a dangerous weapon, in the right hands. BUT, as previously mentioned, if you buy a helm, then unless you don't see me, i'm not killing you with my deagle. the ONLY way you'll be stopped is if you forget to buy a necklace or like i said you don't see the person who's shooting you.

again, it's a courtesy thing in my mind. if you want to be the guy who keeps the weapon in a knife only map or a deagle only map just so you can win and be on top and own everybody, then that's cool. you be that guy. but you know what'd be even cooler and more noble? you realizing that you're taking the fun out of the game because you're an unmatched competitor and dropping the gun after the first round...let's be honest, you're already good at the game...but then you get an advantage like that and you're unstoppable. that's my 2 cents.

PeppeJones

Post by PeppeJones » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:06 pm

growlithedesu wrote:I think this is definitely something that needs to be addressed. And not just cs_deagle5, but any map where you can't buy your own equipment and are given guns.
is there any way to mod our rtd system to recognize when its a gun-specific map? and disable all or part of it so that guns are no longer given?

Not the Face!

Post by Not the Face! » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:56 pm

My opinion. I'm glad they got a para/ak/m4 with rtd. I'm never that lucky.. But I feel that in certain maps.. legoland, deagle5, exc. maps to where you can't buy weapons. I feel that until the round is over the gun is yours.. for THAT round. Buying an anklet is the cheap way to say "I've got a gun, and I'm going to keep it." I don't feel its fair in certain maps, mainly because in said maps, other people are suck with either their knife, or deagle, depending... One primary gun against a bunch of deagles, ya, deagles may win with plenty of casulties.t a One primary gun against a team with just a knife, blatant unfair.

I do agree with Glazed on this matter. There isn't a written rule about it, but if asked to drop it then be nice and drop it. If not asked, then shoot away. Unless we're in legoland of course.

Thought I'd give my two cents on the topic.

Mr. Spock

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”