Shopmenu

For The Menu - say /war3menu

growlithedesu

Re: Shopmenu

Post by growlithedesu » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:32 pm

Bumping this topic because I'm going to be working on adding two more shop menus.

I'd like to take the community's suggestions in what should be added. I did see the reply earlier in this thread, but I'd like to make the items ones which are actually in WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne.

There are 18 spaces, so I hope that's enough room.

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:47 pm

I am not sure what they are but I am open for anything!

**edit: I am so scatter brained that I didn't realize I was one of the fist posters in this topic. SHAME GLAZED SHAME LOL
Last edited by Glazed on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GlazeD

.Sui

Post by .Sui » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:32 pm

I second that! Open to anything new! Woot! Excited!! :)

apples

Post by apples » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Didn't we agree that the players in the wc3 server wouldn't like new changes to shopmenu? Maybe some regulars and admins would like it, but i'm not sure if the new players would be able to catch on since they already have trouble with shopmenu 1 and 2.

But don't get me wrong - I appreciate all the help you're trying to give us growlithedesu. :D Maybe we could try implementing a no-block plugin? Or perhaps a plugin that allows nominating maps by typing the map name in chat? I also think we should be able to fix the RTD plugin on certain maps like deagle5 and scoutzknivez so you can't roll full equipment, rambo, etc.

- Apples

CaptainJamesTKirk

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Took glazed and added names to it cause I really like the ideas he though of. Might want to change some of the costs though. I changed the one hit kill to 16000 cause if it was that cheap people would complain. I think people would love the change. People are constantly asking when are we going to have a new update with specifically new items.
shopmenu3
1. ($600)Wand of Neutralization-critical he grenade protectant - protect from orc's crit nades, still get hit from normal nade damage
2. ($1000) Scroll of Protection - protect from orc's crit shot and night elf trueshot
3. ($100)Scourge Bone Chime - steal money(similar to blood elf's skill)
4. ($16000)Mask of Death - kills a player upon hit, regardless of the damage/hp. works one time and auto remove from player.
5. ($1000)l Vampiric Potion - adds 2 damage per hit
6. ($1000)Periapt of Vitality - gives 200 armor
7. ($600)Ring of Protection - protect self damaging(ex: nade self damage)
8. ($1000)Orb of Venom - add 2 damage per hit
9. ($900) Thunder Clap- slap player upon hit

shopmenu4
1. ($1000)Goblin Land Mine-Its from wow all i could come up with. land mines give ability to plant 3 land mines, deals 20 damage per land mines
2. ($1000)Orb of Annihilation - similar to orc's nade
3. ($200)Helm of Valor-anti-flashbang goggles - protect from flash
4. ($3000)Slippers of Agility(leap of faith) - HL1 style long jump(duck+jump)
5. ($200)Dragonhide Armor- mirror 10% damage back to attacker
6. ($500)Owl Scout- draw green line to enemy target on hit/when spot enemy
7. ($1000)Refined Gunpowder - blinds enemy player temporarily on each hit(0.5 sec)
8. ($4000)Imbued Gunpowder- combining lightning strike, napalm bullets and phosphorus bullets (4damage per hit + blind shot)
9. ($350)Moon Armor - steal 5 armor on hit

IOI

Post by IOI » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:18 pm

Both Glazed and Cap'n Kirk's concepts are interested, but I fear that the player will have
excessive power. This mainly goes for the players that are already good will become invincible
(cough, apples, cough) lol <3. Though, I think the new shopmenu will add variety to use. Perhaps
select the best abilities from shopmenu3 and shopmenu4 and put them together in just
one shopmenu. Maybe, we can cast the vote and ask the public if they would like more than
one or two shopmenus and which shopmenu would they like the most? Overall, I'm up for it, but with limitations.

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:26 pm

I think we should ban apples, that's the only solution :lol: :lol:
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Lucky

Post by Lucky » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:22 pm

We should limit apples to being blinded at all times.

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:23 pm

For the record:
5. ($1000)l Vampiric Potion - adds 2 damage per hit

8. ($1000)Orb of Venom - adds 2 damage per hit

What's the point of having 2 same cost items doing exactly same thing?
Never liked LONG JUMP option, highly abused by the good players(As you will see).

Off the record:
I'd love to see ULTIMATE WC3 comeback. Always was my favourite, totally different experience.

growlithedesu

Post by growlithedesu » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:44 pm

I'd like to keep this as close to WC3's items as possible

I've got these so far:

1. Talisman of Evasion - Give Evasion, just like the Night Elf ability; doesn't stack
2. Legion Doom-Horn - Increase HP and max speed
3. Orb of Corruption - Adds damage, also does extra damage to armor
4. Cloak of Flames - Deals damage per second to enemies within a certain distance
5. Claws of Attack +12 - Adds 12 damage
6. Alleria's Flute of Accuracy - No recoil; similar effect of The Punisher hero, for those of you who've played the superhero 1.6 mod
7. Wand of neutralization - Protects from critical HE grenades, normal grenade damage is still taken; 3 charges

8. Something that protects against flashbangs
9. Something that protects against Critical Strike and Trueshot Aura
10. Something that protects against Hex, Spiked Carapace, Thorns Aura, and Impale
11. Frost grenades?

Keep in mind nothing is finalized yet.

I have taken the suggestions you guys have made to heart. The items mentioned in the previous posts are nice, but I don't think the differences between them and what's already in the plugin are enough to make them matter. An item that just gives you the ability of a hero or race, for example. (I'm a bit undecided about the Talisman of Evasion and Legion Doom-Horn.)

Three other things:
  • 1. I do want to exploit the idea of sentry wards/owl scouts.
    2. I think the fourth menu should be reserved for items which are consumed when used (i.e. potions of healing, invulnerability, etc.)
    3. I'd like to remove the option to reset skills, and put in a tome of retraining to reset skills in one of the menus.
Also, I'd like edit the WC3 plugin quite a bit, but this is just a possible future project for myself. (I've got a lot of ideas for it.)

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”