Saved XP or not?

Red VS Blue - Halo II Xp-saved

malefic

Saved XP or not?

Post by malefic » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:48 pm

This is something I see everytime on the server, people wanting to know if there will be saved xp in the future or not. I personally am for it either way. I see benefits to both.

With saved xp, you can feel better about the time you've spent on that particular server. Also, you're playing CS with fancy skills, so why not progress with your time spent? Typically, I would switch between the .40 cal WC3 server, and a regular CS server (when I just wanted to kill people). Another benefit I would see is for the people running the .40 cal servers, in that, if there's saved experience, people are more likely to return again, as their progress in that, is still on the server.

Without saved xp, as previously mentioned, you're looking at starting at the same point as everyone else. But, I think saved xp with this mod would be different than with wc3, based on how the skill system works, and that a majority of what happens is related to the items. It's also nice because if you happen to be doing particularly well that day, you push further ahead of everyone else for that.

Additional note, if saved xp were to be implimented, I would suggest a lower time period for players who don't return in XX amount of days to have their xp reset.

Please, voice your thoughts on whether you would like saved xp, or if you would like to maintain the map-by-map experience the server is currently set to.

Dean

Re: Saved XP or not?

Post by Dean » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:31 pm

I'm indifferent to the topic. LIke I've told many players. You can always do /rune and by xp at the beginning of a map and you'll get right to level 3. But either way, saved or not, whatever everyone wants is fine with me.
-[.40 cal ]- Dean ****

Venom's awesome skills! <3 Venom

lonewolf80

Re: Saved XP or not?

Post by lonewolf80 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:53 pm

Unfortunately, even if sammy wants the server to have savexp, it's just impossible at this point. The maker of the mod did not originally intend this mod to have savexp, and even as of this post, he is still working on it. So, we'll have to wait a while for it.

Return to “#3 Halo (xp-saved) ---------------------------108.181.1.219:27017”