Idea for the IM Server

Classic Dust2 - DOWN, May be rebranded

Evangelist

Idea for the IM Server

Post by Evangelist » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Ok so, I had an idea about the IM server.

What about making it a bot server where bots join one team, and players join the other. Players will join T for de_maps and CT for cs_maps. Start with maybe 3 bots at a time, and when more people enter, add more bots, depending on the number of total slots, spawns for a map, and players count (basically, kick a bot when more people are wanting to join so there will be more room.

Also, maybe custom maps, like 40cal maps, or just some really great custom made maps that are floating around out there. Lastly, to make it original cs style, no war3 or mods like that. Just plant bombs, rescue hostages and kill bots.

Here's an idea of what am talking about

74.91.112.11:27015

Its a bot server exactly how I listed above. It has a lot of traffic on a daily basis. I play there a lot, but I would gladly come over here if this were here.

MarioBros

Re: Idea for the IM Server

Post by MarioBros » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:13 pm

It sounds like a good idea.
I went in for five minutes and liked it
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:24 pm

Haha yeah I saw you in there :D

yeah I really like it, also, the bots can change in difficulty apparently, so they can be easy, or very tough. I just personally really like old school cs. I miss that.

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:13 pm

is this it?
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=150032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:59 am

sammy wrote:is this it?
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=150032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I dont think that's exactly it, but that's an interesting mod haha. Same concept, players vs bots, but this one looks a lot crazier. Very interesting.

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:41 pm

ok try intermediate server now and let me know if im close.
its humans vs bots

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:59 pm

Hey that's pretty good there sammy! Its working pretty well. Only thing is awps are enabled, I dunno if you wanted them enabled or not, but thats fine either way.

EDIT: Seems its only the bots that can buy awps. That's good like that, they're pretty tough awpers, not great, but good enough to bring the pain.

EDIT2: Ok, I played one map and it worked great, it was 1v4. When the map changed, it went to 1v11. Also, its only playing dust2.

EDIT3: Swylwester is working on it.

Also: Since its only me inside at the moment, its 1v4, so I don't know yet if it is working to its full potential. I assume it does, because the bots are in spectator mode. Also, maybe a server name change would be good to let people know what kinda server it is. Maybe it could say something like Bot Server Intermediate or something to that effect.

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:07 pm

I played for five mins and seemed pretty close to the one Evangelist says.

EDIT: When connecting again, same map, you can choose the CTs, which is the team of the bots, and play against Ts
"Text translated via Google Translate"

kazualty

Post by kazualty » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:18 am

now that this is happening to the intermediate server there should be another server with no bots :P I dislike bots and the un-realisticness. They dont play like people and really dont teach you to be good because of this. After playing bots for awhile I tend to suck against real people because they dont react or play anywhere close to the same. Anyways its a fun idea for sure hope it gets going and working well. Just not a big fan of bots myself. Would like to see a server similar to this starting like 1v3 bots but once 4 people have joined 2v2 no bots.
so in other words:
p:player b:bot
1pv3b then 2pv4b then 2pv1p1b then 2pv2p no bots

maybe the second ones negotiable to stay 2v2 or even the 3rd one to have 2 bots one person vs 2 people but either way a server with low numbers and no bots would be nice to see. once I have an player thats real i dont want to play the bot anymore. Id even go for just 1pv1b then 1pv1p but a server with only 2 people tends to attract less.

I dunno maybe its just me but im sick of random dinks

Sylwester

Post by Sylwester » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Humans vs Bots plugin is now installed on the server. If you find any bugs, post them here.

Return to “#2 CLASSIC NO AWP -------------------------108.181.1.219:27016”