Mother

important 40cal information!

mstgman

Mother

Post by mstgman » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:35 pm

I just got sad news today & my mother has dementia, I don't know what to do my head is all fucked up!

vvcvbx

Re: Mother

Post by vvcvbx » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:42 am

Hi, I’m so sorry to hear this from you. I do not know and can’t of course begin to grasp the way to feel about this.

If I may share this with you... My grandfather’s last 7 years of life were spent living like a newborn after a stroke - couldn’t speak, couldn’t understand what anyone meant, couldn’t walk, couldn’t go to bathroom. My grandmother’s last 5 years were lived in dementia.

I’m an emt, I sometimes help out people with some form of dementia.

I came to the understanding that, for me, I’m thinking that in sad cases like this one, the person experiencing dementia, because they are simply living with diminished brain functions, is potentially still content to a reasonable degree. It’s us around them that feel not so great ourselves.

And not to sound esoteric in this moment but also I’d like to add that in my opinion, yes the brain is suffering limited potential in dementia but the person’s soul is intact waiting for the grand transition to happen at some point. Until then we can maybe sit with them and try to overcome natural grief feelings through reconnecting at an inner level. The person is still very much there, just like we know them, it’s just that now biologically there are now some issues, not however spiritually if I may say.

All this said I wish you and your parents the best in these circumstances. And I wish you will find it in yourself to stay strong. I know that probably no words are of extraordinary help right now. But just thought I’d say something I thought of.
Peace mstgman

mstgman

Re: Mother

Post by mstgman » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:34 am

Thanks for the kind words. it's just a struggle for me because she keeps calling me someone else

Return to “Announcements”